PDA

View Full Version : Which beans are healthy

Limplo
02-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Need to introduce some new foods lol so which beans are healthy?

snorkelman
02-21-2012, 04:11 PM
How you YOU define "healthy?"

Limplo
02-21-2012, 04:16 PM
How you YOU define "healthy?"

Emm any really that people know of and they consider healthy and I was going to keep the names in mind and look at the labels in the stores hehe.

hockeytownfan
02-21-2012, 04:19 PM
Beans in general are rich in fiber and micros. I like black beans and re fried beans because they are a delightful way to hit my fiber goals.

JamesPhoenix
02-21-2012, 04:21 PM
Need to introduce some new foods lol so which beans are healthy?Jelly beans

BDeblo
02-21-2012, 04:43 PM
Chocolate covered coffee beans :)

TriSynthetic
02-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Beans in general are rich in fiber and micros. I like black beans and re fried beans because they are a delightful way to hit my fiber goals.

refried beans are not healthy and heat breaks down the fiber value

BookMonkey
02-22-2012, 06:20 AM
Generally, I buy raw, dried beans. This way I can control the calories the way I want for consumption. Most canned beans are just fine but I'm fairly sensitive to sodium so try to stay away from them. And then other canned beans have added calories in them via some sort of sauce (ie. Baked beans, refried beans).

Plus, dried beans are waaaaaay cheaper over all.

But there really is no such thing as an unhealthy bean, so it is really about the manner in which you consume that makes it healthy or not.

Red beans & rice = healthy

Red beans & arsenic = not healthy

deveritt
02-22-2012, 06:26 AM
Beans that fit into your macros.

I personally like black beans.

nickeberle
02-22-2012, 06:27 AM
refried beans are not healthy and heat breaks down the fiber value

You can get the fat free variety and avoid the oils and/or lard. That said they still aren't the healthiest kinda but healthy non the less.

WonderPug
02-22-2012, 06:47 AM
You can get the fat free variety and avoid the oils and/or lard. That said they still aren't the healthiest kinda but healthy non the less.Why would voiding oil and/or lard be a good thing???

nickeberle
02-22-2012, 06:50 AM
Why would voiding oil and/or lard be a good thing???

Do you really want to eat lard? I may be wrong but my understanding is animal fat is not so great for you and same with the cheap oil.

vitornoob
02-22-2012, 06:51 AM
White Beans <3

BDeblo
02-22-2012, 07:09 AM
White Beans <3
cannellini beans are a favorite addition to pasta of mine. sauteed tomatoes, spinach, diced red pepper and beans over penne pasta with some chicken. good stuff right there

Do you really want to eat lard? I may be wrong but my understanding is animal fat is not so great for you and same with the cheap oil.
there is nothing wrong with eating animal fats. there is a number of health benefits to animal fat.

MikeK46
02-22-2012, 10:55 AM
Need to introduce some new foods lol so which beans are healthy?

All of them. Actually, let me take that back...no food in isolation can be healthy or unhealthy, good or bad. It's the whole diet that's either healthy or unhealthy.

thirtyreasons
02-22-2012, 12:24 PM
Animal fats are very good for you. What do you think humans have been eating since the beginning? Point aside choose the beans that fits into your macros. Many different kinds out there find what is best for your diet and most tasty for your needs.

WonderPug
02-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Do you really want to eat lard? I may be wrong but my understanding is animal fat is not so great for youWhy do you say this? Specifically, what fatty acids do you think pose a problem and why?

MikeK46
02-22-2012, 01:03 PM

That's quite the misunderstanding.

bruceabaldwin
02-22-2012, 01:04 PM
Jelly beans
u cheeky bastard, came in to post the same thing!

doyoueveneat
02-22-2012, 01:07 PM

clearly u havent tasted potato chips deep fried in duck fat.

bruceabaldwin
02-22-2012, 01:07 PM
You can get the fat free variety and avoid the oils and/or lard. That said they still aren't the healthiest kinda but healthy non the less.

fail.....

bruceabaldwin
02-22-2012, 01:08 PM

double fail...

Burt12
02-22-2012, 01:40 PM
I had a can of bush's maple bacon beans last night!! :) yummm!

WonderPug
02-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Can someone please tell me which of the following beans are healthy?

http://gourmetfancy.com/wp-content/uploads/aes/Gourmet-Fancy_20.jpg

cgattshall
02-22-2012, 02:28 PM

Not any of the fruit flavored ones since sugars from fruit are bad for you and not "Buttered Popcorn" since butter contains lard and lard contains animal fat which is not so great for you.

Not srs.

rand18m
02-22-2012, 02:29 PM

http://gourmetfancy.com/wp-content/uploads/aes/Gourmet-Fancy_20.jpg

All of'em far as I'm concerned!!!!!!!

JamesPhoenix
02-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Not any of the fruit flavored ones since sugars from fruit are bad for you and not "Buttered Popcorn" since butter contains lard and lard contains animal fat which is not so great for you.

Not srs.I don't know about that - watermelon is low in carbohydrates so it should be okay. OP, buy the Sours instead - higher levels of acid will burn up any fats in your system.