PDA

View Full Version : what bf % should i cut to?

Wilsontennis23
02-20-2012, 10:37 AM
I just started my summer cut a few weeks back after a pretty dirty bulk (my first bulk). I def put on size and now i'm just trying to cut 1-1.5 lbs a week with a lot of protein in my diet. I'm trying to get a six pack for the summer so I started my cut early but I plan to clean bulk starting in July-August to put on some real size with minor fat gain (prolly will never dirty bulk again). Currently I'm 5'9 and weigh around 180 and I estimate I'm at around 17-20% BF.

Thoughts on getting a 6-pack before summer (I still have a long time) and what bodyfat % I should cut down to? I'm thinking about trying to cut down to 7-10% and just slow bulking for prolly 8-9 (put on 3lbs a month) months before the next summer to hopefully really get thick.

JamesPhoenix
02-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Normally people cut to 12% then bulk to 15% and repeat.Not sure if serious, who do you know that's okay with staying at that high level of fat?

Generally speaking, OP, you'll start to see a six-pack around 12%, with better definition the lower that number is (I'm at about 10.5, maybe 11%, for reference).

Submerge
02-20-2012, 11:28 AM
Aim for 10% bf, for a kill ab look without looking too crazy. haha. 12% is the highest bf% to still look good without too much fat.

DaniSP
02-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Depends on your genetics and willpower to follow your restrictive diet, I've never been below 12% lol but this summer I want to get to 9%. Only time will tell...

Wilsontennis23
02-20-2012, 06:30 PM
I think i'm going to aim for around 8-10%. And any thoughts on how long it should take to get to 15% from lets say 9% if I slow bulk and try to add 3lbs a month? I should have a long time right to put on that 6%? On my last bulk, I prolly went from 14%-20% (maybe a little higher) gaining a lb a week and doing no cardio. I plan to do low intensity walking on my next bulk but just want to make sure I plan everything perfect so I don't waste time.