PDA

View Full Version : Ladies and Gentlemen I need your assistance

coolfreitas
02-19-2012, 03:58 PM
Hello there!

I've been trying to cut for about three weeks now and I am not going anywhere. I am completely stuck and don't know what's wrong. I was trying to cut slowly (hence why I started so soon) to get to my goal of <9% BF.

Stats :
5'10
195.6 lbs (Started at 196lbs)
165lb LBM(estimate)

Average macros for past 2 weeks =
90g fat
120-180g carbs
200-240g protein
Never exceeding 2500 cals.

Supps:
Multi
Fish Oil
Green Tea/Caffeine
B6
D

When I was bulking I was eating about 3500 calories a day and toward the end of my bulk I wasn't gaining anything weekly. Now I'm 1000 calories less and still maintaining?? I'm so lost. For the first two weeks I was on creatine still so I thought I may have been retaining too much water, then I cut out creatine the past week and GAINED .6lbs.

My goal is to first be able to lose .5-1lb a week from PURE diet, and then add cardio, and then maybe EC stack.

I know this might be as simple as cutting even more carbs, but what confuses me is I have cut in the past with MORE carbs, and successfully lost upwards of 1.5lbs a week. It's been 3 weeks and I've lost .4 lbs.

Any advice would help, thank you.

If you have any questions to clear anything up please ask.

CLIFFS:
cutting at a deficit
cant lose weight
need advice
want to wait to incorporate cardio and EC stack until diet is fixed
Should I keep taking creatine?

THANKS AGAIN!

Ash_au
02-19-2012, 09:09 PM
how is your strength, up, down or the same?

has your activity level changed?

coolfreitas
02-20-2012, 12:26 AM
how is your strength, up, down or the same?

has your activity level changed?

Slightly up.

Not really much at all, even do a couple cardio sessions here and there(very few)

Ash_au
02-20-2012, 01:12 AM
well then you are not losing any muscle mass, and any fat loss has been small, exactly what you want. Especially when you are already lean. Continue for good consistent results.

Re assess in another 3 weeks and adjust cals accordingly

coolfreitas
02-20-2012, 01:59 PM
well then you are not losing any muscle mass, and any fat loss has been small, exactly what you want. Especially when you are already lean. Continue for good consistent results.

Re assess in another 3 weeks and adjust cals accordingly

But I haven't lost any weight (scale wise). I feel like it should be dropped atleast 4 lbs by now due to water weight and glycogen and everything. Or am I wrong?

Thanks, will rep on RC.

I'm just scared of stalling out somewhere, but I haven't even started going..

Father of Cajun
02-20-2012, 04:07 PM
Keep in mind that I am basing this off of my personal experience, and that everyone is different.

You weigh roughly the same as I do, but I am cutting on 1600 ish cals/day. That is just what I have to do to drop weight. If you absolutely cannot lose weight, drop your cals by a couple hundred for a week or so and weigh yourself. repeat until you're where you want to be.

Also, how's your sodium intake? Try switching to a salt substitute to minimize water weight. I know that it can cause you to fluctuate like crazy.

psychodiver9
02-20-2012, 04:10 PM
Outside of a medical condition you're either not tracking properly or your activity has decreased. Also creatine is fine on a cut

coolfreitas
02-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Keep in mind that I am basing this off of my personal experience, and that everyone is different.

You weigh roughly the same as I do, but I am cutting on 1600 ish cals/day. That is just what I have to do to drop weight. If you absolutely cannot lose weight, drop your cals by a couple hundred for a week or so and weigh yourself. repeat until you're where you want to be.

Also, how's your sodium intake? Try switching to a salt substitute to minimize water weight. I know that it can cause you to fluctuate like crazy.

Yeah I'm just gonna keep cutting the cals until I see results, when I stall, I guess I'll worry about that then.. Thanks bro

Outside of a medical condition you're either not tracking properly or your activity has decreased. Also creatine is fine on a cut

That's the only issue, I definitely am. There's been no change to my activity level, still in school same routine, same workout regimen (PHAT), lifting heavier.

I am confuse