PDA

View Full Version : Iman Shumpert Dunk Contest Idea

CobyWan
02-17-2012, 09:05 PM
I was listening to the Basketball Jones Podcast (great podcast btw) and they were talking about the dunk contest.

One round they get to use one of their teammates and everyone knows his will be Jeremy Lin.

So their idea was they bring out the couch Jeremy Lin slept on. The exact same couch. They set it down somewhere in front of the basket. Jeremy Lin lays down and tosses the ball up in the air as Shumpert jumps over the couch and dunks the ball.

Pretty cool idea right?

WheyneNewton
02-17-2012, 09:07 PM
So Landry has to donate his couch? I wouldn't feel comfortable asking him to make that kind of sacrifice.

sups31
02-17-2012, 09:08 PM
they said the same thing on the MSG pregame, would be surprised if shump/lin didn't do this to be honest.

DeeBO-
02-17-2012, 09:27 PM
I was listening to the Basketball Jones Podcast (great podcast btw) and they were talking about the dunk contest.

One round they get to use one of their teammates and everyone knows his will be Jeremy Lin.

So their idea was they bring out the couch Jeremy Lin slept on. The exact same couch. They set it down somewhere in front of the basket. Jeremy Lin lays down and tosses the ball up in the air as Shumpert jumps over the couch and dunks the ball.

Pretty cool idea right?

thats a cool idea and all but it also shows how **** the dunk contest is these days

what happened to the days where you just dunk the ball with no props

inb4 ikea sponsors this dunk and shump wins

Lasers1
02-17-2012, 11:04 PM
Would be pretty awesome and would be entertaining. But what he said^^^

The way the dunk contest is run nowadays, the best prop with a story behind it will win or go to the final round

Dwight with the superman stuff
Nate Rob with the "kryptonite" outfit
Blake with the NBA-sponsored car
Going further back...
Gerald Green and Josh Smith with the throwback jerseys, Nash's soccer passes leading to Amare's weak ass dunks

It's all about the hype leading up to the dunk, not how great the dunk is

At this rate, Tim Tebow can come out in a Jesus robe.... bring out a small Filipino child, have him throw up a lob to him, lay it in, and get a 50

unleashed132
02-17-2012, 11:08 PM
I heard Iman and Jeremy are going to dress up as Mario and Luigi though

dab0osh
02-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Bring back vinsanity