PDA

View Full Version : Need help with moar weight gain.

GLChrillz
02-17-2012, 11:26 AM
So i've been working out for a few months now, with some pretty good gains in strength but i've stopped gaining mass and just about stopped gaining any strength. Before you all say "eat more protein" I can't fit any more food in. I was born with my abdominal organs outside my body and the docs said **** it and shoved them back in, so now 1 of my kidneys is up front pushing against my stomach preventing me from being able to eat a ton of food. With that said, i drink 3 protein shakes a day (1 scoop muscle milk whey powder, 1 cup milk) and an actual meal inbetween (pasta, burgers, etc). I'm at about my limit for eating without forcing food down and feeling horribly full all day and I don't want that. I'm stuck at 132-133lbs at 6' tall and I'm wondering if there is any secrets anyone can share. Or if taking a supplement will help gain some more mass/muscle weight (animal m stak and the like). Any input is greatly appreciated.

frankturner1982
02-17-2012, 11:29 AM
133 pounds and 6'?

shiaaaaaaaaaaaat son!

If you cant eat more for medical reasons then just up the liquid form of eating, drink more food.

Vanitouses
02-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Can you eat other food rather than protein or drink a lot of liquids?

GLChrillz
02-17-2012, 11:50 AM
yeah lol pretty skinny, but i was 114. so i put on that much muscle. Technically I could, but it's a lot harder to find the time to cook 6 full meals with school and what not. I just saw something on here about drinking a gallon of milk a day. I don't think I could get down a gallon, but I could start drinking more milk with meals instead of water to get more cals in.

Jen0va
02-17-2012, 11:54 AM
If you're hitting appropriate protien levels with your shakes and daily meal, you could suppliment your carbs and fat by getting nutrient dense fat sources and liquid carb sources. Normally i wouldnt suggest drinking alot of sugary drinks but this seems to be a special case. As far as fat sources, peanutbutter is very dense in EFAs with fat content at about 16-18g per 2 tbsp depending on brand, but alot of EFAs can also be consumed easily with the addition of olive oil to foods. Adding these to your daily meal would not add alot of volume, also consider a proper pesto from a store(Bertoli's, Classico brand) has like 23g of fat per couple of tablespoons so you could spread that on a burger or sandwhich, use as a sauce for small pizza, put on pasta, etc. Certain brands of ice cream are also quite high in fat and carbs such as Ben and Jerry's and Haagen Daz(not sure if spelled right) and can be anywhere from 200-300 cals per 1/2 cup. I hope this is somewhat helpful.

GLChrillz
02-17-2012, 01:19 PM
What exactly would be an appropriate protein goal? I don't know why i didn't think of it before, but i could probably just eat a spoon full of peanut butter with a meal once or twice a day i'm sure wouldn't be too hard. do any of those oils add a taste if you were to use them on a burger?

frankturner1982
02-17-2012, 01:20 PM
What exactly would be an appropriate protein goal? I don't know why i didn't think of it before, but i could probably just eat a spoon full of peanut butter with a meal once or twice a day i'm sure wouldn't be too hard. do any of those oils add a taste if you were to use them on a burger?

1g per bodyweight

GLChrillz
02-20-2012, 08:14 AM
1g per bodyweight

I shouldn't have too much of a problem getting 130g+ of protein. I don't really count my calories or anything I just try to eat as much as possible without over doing it because I'll feel too full and want to puke. I also have trouble on some days with school or something that I am out of the house and am forced to skip a meal so theres 500 calories gone and I'm already barely getting enough. What are your guys suggestions for that? everyone makes it seem so easy to eat 3-4k calories a day, I just can't find out how you guys are doing it lol