PDA

View Full Version : is this cottage cheese fine?

v1rt
02-15-2012, 08:27 AM
http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-breakstones-cottage-cheese-lowfat-2-i101180

My first time to eat it and I love it!

Thanks!

hardNheavy2011
02-15-2012, 09:03 AM
Nothing wrong with it at all. I'm currently on a cut and I'm mixing in a 1/2 cup of the 4% cottage cheese into my protein drinks. Good source of protein and in my opinion, it takes my protein drinks to another level as far as taste is concerned! :D

v1rt
02-15-2012, 09:13 AM
Nothing wrong with it at all. I'm currently on a cut and I'm mixing in a 1/2 cup of the 4% cottage cheese into my protein drinks. Good source of protein and in my opinion, it takes my protein drinks to another level as far as taste is concerned! :D

Awesome! I'll tell my wife to buy me more! Thanks a lot!!! :)

tsoden
02-15-2012, 09:48 AM
yeah when you blend it in a blender with protein it really adds a smooth texture. Its also great on its own or with fruit. I prefer the 2% type...

Marius_Ursus
02-15-2012, 09:49 AM
My preference is for full-fat, but if you're hitting your macros, do what thou wilt.

plumher
02-15-2012, 11:00 AM
I buy this stuff in the 48 oz tubs. Last meal of the day is either chicken, fish, or steak with a micro-nuked red potato with 1/2-3/4 cup cottage cheese and bbq seasonings with lots of black pepper..... Too good for diet food !!

HairyScandinavian
02-15-2012, 11:25 AM
1.5 cup every day at bedtime for pretty much as long as I can remember, sometimes I go with no fat and sometimes whatever the next step up is just depending on my mood.

-=FLEX=-
02-15-2012, 11:33 AM
is this cottage cheese fine?

Fine for what?

Not sure I understand the question...

Marius_Ursus
02-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Fine for what?

Patching holes in your gym bag.

HairyScandinavian
02-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Fine for what?

Ah shoot, I'm all confused I figured he was spreading it on his face to exfoliate.

/crap I just said exfoliate
edit: no homo

Marius_Ursus
02-15-2012, 11:41 AM
Ah shoot, I'm all confused I figured he was spreading it on his face to exfoliate.

/crap I just said exfoliate
edit: no homo

lulz

On spread.

(no homogeneity)

v1rt
02-15-2012, 11:43 AM
Fine for what?

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I wasn't aware if there were other cottage cheese products. I was thinking of it as rectangular in shape just like other cheese that I see.

Marius_Ursus
02-15-2012, 11:46 AM
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I wasn't aware if there were other cottage cheese products. I was thinking of it as rectangular in shape just like other cheese that I see.

There are as many kinds of cheeses as there are Crossfit workouts of the day.

Cottage cheese hasn't had the curds strained and formed into a wheel or block after the whey separates.

Dude...you gotta learn about food. It's one of the important things. Way more important than sets/reps/rest periods.

-=FLEX=-
02-15-2012, 11:50 AM

OK, well if that was your question then yes, it's fine. That's what cottage cheese is; little curds in a tub.

I always fine it odd that so many seem to be unaware of it until they start bodybuilding. It was always in the fridge when I was a kid. Maybe because it was cheap, I dunno.

Marius_Ursus
02-15-2012, 12:01 PM
OK, well if that was your question then yes, it's fine. That's what cottage cheese is; little curds in a tub.

I always fine it odd that so many seem to be unaware of it until they start bodybuilding. It was always in the fridge when I was a kid. Maybe because it was cheap, I dunno.

My mom always had it. She considered it "diet food".

angimal
02-15-2012, 12:09 PM

Cottage cheese hasn't had the curds strained and formed into a wheel or block after the whey separates.

Dude...you gotta learn about food. It's one of the important things. Way more important than sets/reps/rest periods.

I have no input other than ^^^^^ Can you somehow help me beat this into people? Oh and...I love me some cottage cheese. 4% is heavenly :)

-=FLEX=-
02-15-2012, 12:28 PM
My mom always had it. She considered it "diet food".

Maybe that's why then. My mom seemed to be forever on a 'diet' too, not that it ever did any good...anywho I always liked it, even as a kid. A little bit of black pepper and it's an awesome snack.

HairyScandinavian
02-15-2012, 12:57 PM
My mom always had it as diet food also, nobody else would touch it unless she put it in Lasagna.

Maybe that's why then. My mom seemed to be forever on a 'diet' too, not that it ever did any good...anywho I always liked it, even as a kid. A little bit of black pepper and it's an awesome snack.

Holy sheet! :eek:

jor012
02-15-2012, 01:01 PM
little curds in a tub.

I was under the impression that those people don't like taking a bath.

v1rt
02-15-2012, 01:23 PM

:) I only know few foods. When I was young, my parents were so busy with their grocery store. I don't recall even us sitting at the same time during lunch nor dinner time. :( Maybe there was. I only ate foods that I see in our house. You'll be shocked, I only learned eating rice when I was 22. I had a very hard time eating it, maybe it was psychological. I felt like puking. It's only lately that I learned to eat good food when I separated from them. :)

ChocoChick
02-15-2012, 01:26 PM

I think Friendship cottage cheese has 16g protein per 1/2 cup.

Personally, I think cc is gross. I'd much rather have Greek yogurt for the same profile but better taste. YMMV.

mslman71
02-15-2012, 01:27 PM

Damn funny.

lulz

On spread.

(no homogeneity)

A+ for use of language.

Cracked me up.

Marius_Ursus
02-15-2012, 01:28 PM

In for cottage cheese snacks.

My favorite is with chopped tomato and a little French dressing.

Marius_Ursus
02-15-2012, 01:28 PM
Damn funny.

A+ for use of language.

Cracked me up.

Here I was thinking that one would fly past everyone. :D

jor012
02-15-2012, 01:29 PM
:) I only know few foods. When I was young, my parents were so busy with their grocery store. Ironic...LOL hang in there, Just keep pluggin away like your doing and you'll have it down to a science. Oh yeah! I love cottage cheese too. Lotsa protein.

kjake55
02-15-2012, 01:31 PM
1/2 c 1% whipped, 1/3 c blueberries, 1 tbl almonds & 1 tsp honey...dessert anyone?

angimal
02-15-2012, 01:39 PM
1/2 c 1% whipped, 1/3 c blueberries, 1 tbl almonds & 1 tsp honey...dessert anyone?

Ooooh, that's good stuff. I'm a simple gal..I like mine just plain. If I'm feeling creative, I'll throw some pineapple in there.

HairyScandinavian
02-15-2012, 01:45 PM
I've never liked the end result when I added anything to my CC other than Splenda. I love blueberries so I tried those, tried peaches, tried PB and almost choked, lots of things. I really enjoy it with a couple packets of Splenda in it the best.

latebloomingmom
02-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Ooooh, that's good stuff. I'm a simple gal..I like mine just plain. If I'm feeling creative, I'll throw some pineapple in there.see now this is a snack we had all the time growng up but my kids think its gross:(

Me? I think as the milkfat goes down..it gets kinda sour tasting.

UndesirableNo1
02-15-2012, 02:13 PM
In for cottage cheese snacks.

My favorite is with chopped tomato and a little French dressing.

1 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup oats, 2 eggs, Honey or other sweetener, All in blender or food processor till smooth (curds, GAG!!!) and what you got there is Pancake Batter and it's DEEELISH.

MuscleManChico
02-15-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm not a big cc fan :( sorry

ljimd
02-15-2012, 03:35 PM
I eat cottage cheese everyday for lunch with broccoli and tuna. I like it, especially 4%.

CardinalRB34
02-15-2012, 04:40 PM
my favorite late night snack is COTTAGE CHEESE. It's a great natural source of glutamine. If I'm not dieting... I know, I know... I like to chop up some apples or pineapple and mix with mine.

cmoore
02-15-2012, 09:02 PM
CC is my ice cream substitute.

v1rt
02-15-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm hooked to it!!! That's how delicious CC is! Thanks guys for telling me about CC about a month ago! :D

powernpain
02-22-2012, 12:07 PM
Lovin the CC, hint of pepper!

v1rt
02-22-2012, 01:37 PM
Update folks! I am now addicted to CC!!! I like the Breadstone brand a lot!!!!! So freakin' yummy!!! :D I hope I am correct with the brand name. I'll correct it later if it's wrong. :)

BrotherWolf
02-22-2012, 08:04 PM
http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-breakstones-cottage-cheese-lowfat-2-i101180

My first time to eat it and I love it!

Thanks!

yes but not on your ass..