PDA

View Full Version : glucosamine supplements

Dirk57
02-10-2012, 07:31 AM
glucosamine supplements...does anyone take them and if so which one is the best?

cowboybiker
02-10-2012, 08:01 AM
I dont know about best, but I get a good deal with the Costco brand.

jtroster
02-10-2012, 08:05 AM
I use Genuine Health's Fast Joint+. It is a small capsule and easy to swallow.

clevrrr1
02-10-2012, 08:07 AM
I take a glucosamine supp every morning. It help my knees alot. I have two plastic knee caps and a repaired ACL, gratis a bad motorcycle accident from back in the day. My doctor told me they would help with movement as I got older. Sometimes I'll rub in Blue Emu ointment after a hard run, if the knees are hurting too bad also. It helps me alot. I think the glucosamine tablets are made by Spring Valley. I got them from WalMart. They have the same dosage as the GNC variety at 1/2 the price. I take them as part of my daily vitamin intake. I also take JuicePlus products which are great for general health and all natural. Getting back into hard exercise has been a challenge, but it's been a great ride so far! hope this helps-

DubfromGA
02-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Osteo BiFlex with halyronic acid works best for me.

Dirk57
02-10-2012, 10:57 AM
I take a glucosamine supp every morning. It help my knees alot. I have two plastic knee caps and a repaired ACL, gratis a bad motorcycle accident from back in the day. My doctor told me they would help with movement as I got older. Sometimes I'll rub in Blue Emu ointment after a hard run, if the knees are hurting too bad also. It helps me alot. I think the glucosamine tablets are made by Spring Valley. I got them from WalMart. They have the same dosage as the GNC variety at 1/2 the price. I take them as part of my daily vitamin intake. I also take JuicePlus products which are great for general health and all natural. Getting back into hard exercise has been a challenge, but it's been a great ride so far! hope this helps-

I love Wally World. That is were I buy my protein. I also have one bad knee. Had total reconstruction surgery in 1987. It give me trouble at time. I also had a problem with my shoulder hurting. That is one reason I backed off and tried a Bowflex. Let me just say this...Don't ever trade your free weights for a bowflex!! Was sort of lucky because I traded the bowflex for more weights and a power cage. So I came out on top of that deal

clevrrr1
02-10-2012, 11:59 AM
I tried my friend's bowflex and didn't like it. I found myself inclined towards the free weights for some reason...I do use my circuit machine for tricep pull downs, cross overs, and lats, but haven't seriously started legs yet. I hope to be able to get to that point, but they need to be conditioned some first. After being out of shape for so long, I just wanted to take it as my body told me to take it. I cleansed toxins first and started light for a short period. Then I started hitting the iron with a vengeneance. Running everyday. Dying at first, and then looking forward to the pain after work. I was sore as hell the first two weeks, I ain't gonna lie. It got easier as time went on. I look forward to working out like I used to again!! It's only been six weeks, yet feel like different person just living healthier with exercise. This site has been a huge help for me. It's really nice to be able to "talk" to other people in my age group that have "been there, done that" and get insight. I've learned alot, and it has taught me many things. I'm certain it will continue to do so as I go forward. I made my own home workout room, so now I can workout without being distracted. The gym's I used to go to in the late 80's and early 90's are not the same now as I remember. They have their use, great equipment and amenities. I admire ANYONE who guts it out and TRIES to workout regulary ANYWHERE. At least they are trying!! Those fancy places are just not for me. I am seeing some small results, and the weight is coming off nicely. There are so many good tips to use here, I can incorporate what works best for me and run with it. Imagine where I may be in a short year's time!! Wally World does have some good sources for vitamins. Their protein's are a bit less nutrionally than what I need, but for a chain store you can't argue with their prices. The prices on supplements on this site are far more price competitive than local health food stores. No local sales tax either!!

DubfromGA
02-10-2012, 12:12 PM
My spelling was jacked up severely on that post, but here is what absolutely has proven the best for me. I get two bottles from WallyWorld for ~ $25.
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa317/Dub007_photo/2011-08-28_10-45-00_719.jpg

I also take Orange Triad as my multi. It has joint relief in it as well. Knees feel better now than in 15 years or more.

Good luck.

clevrrr1
02-10-2012, 12:18 PM
They don't have that one down here...maybe the Sam's carries it. Does it taste fairly good?

IronCharles
02-10-2012, 12:23 PM
I use this one. It's a powder, so I mix it with my powdered BCAA's and creatine into one big container, and I only have to drink one mix instead of three different supplements.

http://assets.bodybuilding.com/store/prodimage/prod_24672/image_24672_450_white.jpg

I wouldn't recommend the fruit punch flavor, though. The grape is better.

Jtbny
02-10-2012, 01:00 PM
My spelling was jacked up severely on that post, but here is what absolutely has proven the best for me.

I second this. Had terrible RC pain in my left shoulder that would wake me up at night, started taking this stuff and pain was gone in 10 days. Still can feel its not 100% but feels a ton better! I found it at Walgreens BOGO.

MecGen
02-11-2012, 07:27 AM
I dont know about best, but I get a good deal with the Costco brand.

Last year there was a local TV show that did a forensic expose on glucosamine tablets, Costcos "Kirkland" brand was the hands down leader for having exactly what they claim it to have. Works for me.

Regards