PDA

View Full Version : Gynecomastia Surgery

rayhesson
02-09-2012, 02:50 AM
I'll be getting this completed on Feb 22nd, which unfortunately will cut short my entry into the $100K transformation challenge 2012...I'm 40, and in relatively decent shape, so I'm confident that this will improve my self confidence a bit...it's been warranted for years...

Stats:
40 yrs old...
5'9...and 188 lbs...

I'm basically looking to see if there is anyone who has had, or may be having Gynecomastia Surgery...I want to gather information from others' experience...especially when it comes to:

1. results after surgery and
2. time it took to get back to pre-surgery workout levels...

Hope to hear from personal experience!...it would help 'ease' my mind, I suppose...

thanks!

Ray

chodan9
02-09-2012, 06:04 AM
no experience here, just wishing you good luck and speedy recovery!

HILMAN76
02-09-2012, 06:08 AM
I'll be getting this completed on Feb 22nd, which unfortunately will cut short my entry into the $100K transformation challenge 2012...I'm 40, and in relatively decent shape, so I'm confident that this will improve my self confidence a bit...it's been warranted for years...

Stats:
40 yrs old...
5'9...and 188 lbs...

I'm basically looking to see if there is anyone who has had, or may be having Gynecomastia Surgery...I want to gather information from others' experience...especially when it comes to:

Hope to hear from personal experience!...it would help 'ease' my mind, I suppose...

thanks!

Ray

May I ask what a procedure like that might cost?

I hope it all comes out great and you get back on your feet fast!

tnthudson
02-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Good luck man. No experience but I'm sure the anxiety is pretty high.

rochaz
02-10-2012, 07:54 AM

Stats:
40 yrs old...
5'9...and 188 lbs...

thanks!

Ray

Please keep us posted on how things turn out....

Nothing but good. positive thoughts for your recovery!

rochaz

pbohart
02-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Do you mind if I ask a couple questions about Gynecomastia?

Are your symptoms isolated to the nipple, or does this involve adipose (fat) tissue on the breast as well? Is liposuction part of the process?

And....feel free to not answer this...but is the gyno the result of previous steroid use?

Even after dropping 40 pounds I still have some manboobs that I cannot get rid of. As I understand it, it is not gyno (gyno is confined to the nipple) but I have thought about targeted fat reduction to remove some of the fat (I have had the problem since Jr. high school).

Thanks!

rayhesson
02-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Thanks my friend!

rayhesson
02-11-2012, 09:10 PM
It's the puffy nipple (shows through the shirt) "syndrome"...there may be adipose too, which would be normal for my bodyfat count, but it is mainly if not purely glandular...happened when I was going through puberty and the mammary glands got larger than normal...not steroids at all (I'd never do that)...likely what you may have is what I have...anytime it begins in adolescence, it's usually glandular...

rayhesson
02-11-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm not sure how much it varies, but mine is exactly $4800...but there are other expenses such as medication (not sure yet...getting prescriptions filled)...and then pre-op tests with your primary doctor...so let's just say additional $500...worth it at twice the price since it's permanent...only thing is minimal scarring...but for a guy, we're no strangers to little scars.

rayhesson
02-11-2012, 09:15 PM
thank you!

HILMAN76
02-11-2012, 10:09 PM
I'm not sure how much it varies, but mine is exactly $4800...but there are other expenses such as medication (not sure yet...getting prescriptions filled)...and then pre-op tests with your primary doctor...so let's just say additional $500...worth it at twice the price since it's permanent...only thing is minimal scarring...but for a guy, we're no strangers to little scars.

Thank you for the replies, I hope it all turns out well and you get the results you are after. I am saving up my cash to have this procedure done once I hit an ideal weight.

Thanks again.

FitnessBlue
02-12-2012, 09:40 AM
Had the surgery done early last summer. I have replied to a few Gyno related threads. I will do my best to answer any questions you have.

FitnessBlue
02-14-2012, 02:18 PM
pasted from reply to OP via PM for others to use as well.

Sorry for the late reply,

1. The glands were removed through incision around the nipples (no noticable scars) plus they did minor lypo through an incision just under my armpits (cosmetic surgeon)
2. Had a bunch of follow up appointments where he would assess my healing process and clear me to workout again. (took around 5-6 weeks I think)

My case was actually quite minor and more prominent on one side. This was a cosmetic surgeon, so asthetics and recovery were important to my doc and he just wanted to make sure everything was done well. Prob coulda hit the gym sooner but did my best to abide by this docs advice.

Once I hit the gym again. I went all out, as if I never missed a day and had no issues. But absolutely everything will vary depending on the person. The surgery, healing, ability to go hard once back in the gym etc.

Heres my best advice for you though--

Do NOT go through a general surgeon (no lypo procedure due to it being "cosmetic"), this procedure is important. A "cosmetic surgeon" will be more expensive but it's your chest brah. If youre on BB.com, asthetics probably matter. Do not get a hack job from the same guy that pops pimples etc. I mean, look at my avi...I am not fat in any way and still required lypo for this "minor" case that I had. I did see a general surgeon as well, he was only willing to "extract" via incision on the more prominent side and didnt think that the other side was enough to worry about! Forget that ****, one nipple was larger in size due to it being more "puffy". My cosmetic surgeon made sure that I was pleased with the results. BTW, I saw results 2 days post surgery when I was brave enough to remove my compression vest (needed to be washed).

Good luck brah.

HILMAN76
02-14-2012, 09:16 PM
pasted from reply to OP via PM for others to use as well.

Sorry for the late reply,

1. The glands were removed through incision around the nipples (no noticable scars) plus they did minor lypo through an incision just under my armpits (cosmetic surgeon)
2. Had a bunch of follow up appointments where he would assess my healing process and clear me to workout again. (took around 5-6 weeks I think)

My case was actually quite minor and more prominent on one side. This was a cosmetic surgeon, so asthetics and recovery were important to my doc and he just wanted to make sure everything was done well. Prob coulda hit the gym sooner but did my best to abide by this docs advice.

Once I hit the gym again. I went all out, as if I never missed a day and had no issues. But absolutely everything will vary depending on the person. The surgery, healing, ability to go hard once back in the gym etc.

Heres my best advice for you though--

Do NOT go through a general surgeon (no lypo procedure due to it being "cosmetic"), this procedure is important. A "cosmetic surgeon" will be more expensive but it's your chest brah. If youre on BB.com, asthetics probably matter. Do not get a hack job from the same guy that pops pimples etc. I mean, look at my avi...I am not fat in any way and still required lypo for this "minor" case that I had. I did see a general surgeon as well, he was only willing to "extract" via incision on the more prominent side and didnt think that the other side was enough to worry about! Forget that ****, one nipple was larger in size due to it being more "puffy". My cosmetic surgeon made sure that I was pleased with the results. BTW, I saw results 2 days post surgery when I was brave enough to remove my compression vest (needed to be washed).

Good luck brah.

Thanks for the update info. +Rep.

FitnessBlue
02-15-2012, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the update info. +Rep.
reps back

llahhsoj
02-15-2012, 08:06 AM

Stats:
40 yrs old...
5'9...and 188 lbs...

thanks!

Ray

Luckily, I don't have that problem. I used to abuse weed and xanax back in the day and gyno is a possible symptom of both of those. I would imagine that surgery will give you a huge boost in your confidence. How much is the surgery going to run you? Anyways, good luck!

FitnessBlue
02-15-2012, 08:32 AM
The procedure from a "cosmetic surgeon" typically costs anywhere between the 4-5k mark (both sides). This was the price in Canada and is most likely consistent with the US.

whatsupimAndrew
03-31-2012, 03:47 PM
The procedure from a "cosmetic surgeon" typically costs anywhere between the 4-5k mark (both sides). This was the price in Canada and is most likely consistent with the US.

health care covers this in canada unless you get a blood test and steroids come up.

im interested in how long you get the actual surgery after the consult for i have a consult in 3 weeks

bodyrokk
03-31-2012, 04:47 PM

damn u can get breast implants for that much!!lol sorry

nixter
04-03-2012, 02:11 PM
FitnessBlue, I PM'd you a few days ago.

DamienCx
08-25-2013, 02:17 PM

The doctor i am seeing for this surgery is a cosmetic surgeon but only quotes me 1k (for one side)

rgwinn
08-25-2013, 04:10 PM
Great info, thanks for sharing.

I too have suffered with this since adolescence. I was the kid that never took my shirt off at the swimming pool. It has always bugged me, I am seeing some reduction now with my weight loss, and exercise, I am going to wait till I get down to my target weight/BodyFat and see how it looks then. I would love to have the flat look.

AAOBob
08-26-2013, 06:10 AM
Did you lose weight and it got worse? I don't see it in your picture. When I was 15 I got the "puffy nipples" thing for a while but it went away on its own.

itsjosetapia
09-21-2013, 06:08 PM
Did you lose weight and it got worse? I don't see it in your picture. When I was 15 I got the "puffy nipples" thing for a while but it went away on its own.

Basically, how old were you when it finally went away? Please reply

Juggertha
09-21-2013, 06:44 PM

I had it about 15 yrs ago due to a bicycling mishap. It was covered by Health Care in Canada. The results were pretty good. The bulge was gone. My left nipple had a bit more indent than I would have liked, but barely noticeable. I was back in the gym (light) within a week), and full bore 2 weeks later.

The crap thing was that it came back over the next 10 years. I took about a decade off from the gym, and while I was getting skinny-fat, it crept back into one side. Contemplating getting it done again.

AAOBob
09-21-2013, 08:32 PM
Basically, how old were you when it finally went away? Please reply

19-20 I'd guess. I didn't really track them.

alluregyno
09-19-2014, 04:29 AM
Gynecomastia is a known medical condition which causes men to have abnormal breast enlargement and growth - sometimes in just one breast and sometimes in both

GKC45
09-19-2014, 05:56 AM
^thanks doogie houser

watsonkimm
04-16-2015, 08:12 PM
No real experience. Good luck man. Hope you overcome your problems.

ESCOTTI
08-27-2015, 10:27 AM
This post was originated in 2012 with some recent comments in 2014. With that being said, some good information was put out there, by you, that would be beneficial to other users. why don't you think about sharing that info in a new thread? Just a thought.