PDA

View Full Version : check out my muscleup vid

the201stinger
02-08-2012, 05:10 PM
youtube.com/the201stinger

im new to these forums, do any of you guys do muscleups?

Snobum
02-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Looks like a good workout but with a bad RC, it's a no-no for me.

discdoggie
02-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Accrawlingchaos does them.

I am on a quest to do them. 2012 is Tje Year of the MuscleUp.

cmoore
02-08-2012, 06:57 PM

Nice work. I love MUs.

QvP5vN_nrBw

the201stinger
02-08-2012, 07:20 PM
nice strict muscle ups bro! i can do 5 of those, im starting to train heavy for them! i lift my knees a bit

the201stinger
02-08-2012, 07:21 PM
nice muscle ups bro! im starting to train heavy for them!

polishedball
02-08-2012, 07:25 PM
What are they called when you do them on rings? I find that much more difficult.

DSUP
02-08-2012, 11:55 PM
The muscle up is my new holy grail (it used to be abs). There was a time not that long ago that I thought I would never be able to do a pull-up which is what makes me feel hopeful that a muscle up is possible even though it seems just as impossible as abs did only a few years ago. I bought a set of gymnastic rings last Summer and have been training with them ever since. I read somewhere that fixed bar pull-ups strain the wrists and that gymnastic rings take care of that issue. I was getting pretty good at moving my body weight around on them by the end of the Summer but that was 15 pounds ago. I'm hoping that shedding some weight for the coming Summer skin season will help me advance my training and maybe this will be the year that DD and I both achieve the muscle up.

I know that a lot of us discount body weight excercises but there is something to be said for being able to haul your own weight around effectively. I've also started to notice, however, that the skinnier a person is, the easier it is for them to do body weight excercises. Did anyone see that video of the little girl doing pull-ups?

the201stinger
02-09-2012, 02:41 AM
The muscle up is my new holy grail (it used to be abs). There was a time not that long ago that I thought I would never be able to do a pull-up which is what makes me feel hopeful that a muscle up is possible even though it seems just as impossible as abs did only a few years ago. I bought a set of gymnastic rings last Summer and have been training with them ever since. I read somewhere that fixed bar pull-ups strain the wrists and that gymnastic rings take care of that issue. I was getting pretty good at moving my body weight around on them by the end of the Summer but that was 15 pounds ago. I'm hoping that shedding some weight for the coming Summer skin season will help me advance my training and maybe this will be the year that DD and I both achieve the muscle up.

I know that a lot of us discount body weight excercises but there is something to be said for being able to haul your own weight around effectively. I've also started to notice, however, that the skinnier a person is, the easier it is for them to do body weight excercises. Did anyone see that video of the little girl doing pull-ups?

good post.... except for about the skinny part...its all inner strength...theres skinny people that cant do mu's because they didnt train for it

look at kali muscle...he can do 12 mu's

drudixon
02-09-2012, 07:48 AM

Time for human flag?

the201stinger
02-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Time for human flag?

yes i am about to start training for that!

taf1968
02-09-2012, 07:55 PM
What are they called when you do them on rings? I find that much more difficult.

Same thing . . . muscle ups on rings as well. It's actually a skill on rings that you get credit for in a routine, or at least it was when I did gymnastics in high school. I've never tried it on the pull-up bar, but want to give them a shot after seeing everyone try it. They were a b*tch on rings as I remember. Betting I'll fail miserably on the bar, LOL.

the201stinger
08-07-2012, 10:43 AM
Same thing . . . muscle ups on rings as well. It's actually a skill on rings that you get credit for in a routine, or at least it was when I did gymnastics in high school. I've never tried it on the pull-up bar, but want to give them a shot after seeing everyone try it. They were a b*tch on rings as I remember. Betting I'll fail miserably on the bar, LOL.'

you look like you have the build for it , theres a technique for it look it up on youtube