PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions.

golgo1972
02-08-2012, 12:19 AM
Well, I am now 40....sigh.....but I have been working out since i was 21. Recently, I was slacking off and gained a ballooning weight to 197lbs. I am 5'7" but I have been working out on/off and benching 355lbs X 2 as max, you get the picture. Here is my question. Due to a shoulder injury, I was forced to stop weight lifting and do more cardial. Since then, I dropped m,y weight to 170lbs in just 5 months. I run for first 40 min at average of 5 to 6 mph with overall workout time of 40 min. 545 calories burned and distance of 3.85 miles (I guess you can call it somewhat intense running? ( I am not a endurance runner so to me, this is considered intense XP ). I then do a lot of smaller, light weight lifting to burn more calories while maintaining a 1500 to 2000 calorie intake a day. No fast food, butter, fried food, ect ect. anyways, I guess my question is this. Since I dropped to 170 lbs ( mind you I look pretty good as I have been slimming down and building my body shape ) I started to lift a little heavier now. I am now able to bench/incline 255/225 comfortably w/o the shoulder pain ( injured rotary cuff ). I also do 4X 10 rep pull up both front and back. I have since been steadyily gaining weight but my waist size still small and still shrinking. Is this due to me rebuilding my muscles? I DO NOT want to look like a gorilla but have a awesome toned body with nice shoulders and waist. Also, my calorie instake is still between 1500 and 2000 daily with all the red light on ALL junk food. Please advise. thank you for :

1st, reading my babble
2nd, any answers.

geer_matt
02-08-2012, 12:27 AM
I DO NOT want to look like a gorilla but have a awesome toned body with nice shoulders and waist. .
Post this in the female forums, sounds like the body type you are going for, they could probably help you out.

geer_matt
02-08-2012, 12:46 AM
Besides whats wrong with having this guys build? I bet most the guys around here wish they were built like this guy. Gorillas rule!
http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz354/ambush2244/western-lowland-gorilla-posing_5877_600x450.jpg
http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz354/ambush2244/102-Gorilla_gorilla_gorilla-M_Watson.jpg
Bet dude can squat and dead lift a whole bunch!

-=FLEX=-
02-08-2012, 01:59 AM
Well, I am now 40....sigh.....but I have been working out since i was 21. Recently, I was slacking off and gained a ballooning weight to 197lbs. I am 5'7" but I have been working out on/off and benching 355lbs X 2 as max, you get the picture. Here is my question. Due to a shoulder injury, I was forced to stop weight lifting and do more cardial. Since then, I dropped m,y weight to 170lbs in just 5 months. I run for first 40 min at average of 5 to 6 mph with overall workout time of 40 min. 545 calories burned and distance of 3.85 miles (I guess you can call it somewhat intense running? ( I am not a endurance runner so to me, this is considered intense XP ). I then do a lot of smaller, light weight lifting to burn more calories while maintaining a 1500 to 2000 calorie intake a day. No fast food, butter, fried food, ect ect. anyways, I guess my question is this. Since I dropped to 170 lbs ( mind you I look pretty good as I have been slimming down and building my body shape ) I started to lift a little heavier now. I am now able to bench/incline 255/225 comfortably w/o the shoulder pain ( injured rotary cuff ). I also do 4X 10 rep pull up both front and back. I have since been steadyily gaining weight but my waist size still small and still shrinking. Is this due to me rebuilding my muscles? I DO NOT want to look like a gorilla but have a awesome toned body with nice shoulders and waist. Also, my calorie instake is still between 1500 and 2000 daily with all the red light on ALL junk food. Please advise. thank you for :

1st, reading my babble
2nd, any answers.

1) I actually did read that babble. Couldn't help but notice no mention whatsoever of any leg work or a balanced lifting routine.

2) Only question I see you ask is if you're gaining weight due to lifting. Possibly? Probably??? Post some before and after pics.

Seems like the whole post boils down to "Look at how much I can bench press @ my bodyweight." Could be wrong, but that's how it comes off; to me anyway.