PDA

View Full Version : Burst vein :/

AFROKDOG
02-06-2012, 09:08 PM
I have a lump over a vein in my fore arm. Thought I did it windsurfing when I had a bad stack and hit my arm, but actually think I did it at the Gym..... its about half the size of a pea, though got smaller now... I had a huge session, well for me, doing 100 kg press (I weigh 82 kg).... and use my body weight for squats and extensions, inclines etc...... and doing 17.5 kilo dumbbells... perhaps lay off? Doctor says not to worry about it, they go away, but keen to get back into gym......

Anyone had that before?

Bicep1976
02-06-2012, 09:33 PM
I have a lump over a vein in my fore arm. Thought I did it windsurfing when I had a bad stack and hit my arm, but actually think I did it at the Gym..... its about half the size of a pea, though got smaller now... I had a huge session, well for me, doing 100 kg press (I weigh 82 kg).... and use my body weight for squats and extensions, inclines etc...... and doing 17.5 kilo dumbbells... perhaps lay off? Doctor says not to worry about it, they go away, but keen to get back into gym......

Anyone had that before?

I have never had that before. Do yourself a favor and listen to the doctors orders. Dont rush back into it. Good luck with your recovery!

jor012
02-07-2012, 12:21 PM
I've had one removed years ago and I have another one that's been on my arm for years. it's a small cyst...what do you have? I don't know. But if your looking for medical advice, you should be talking to your doctor.

AFROKDOG
02-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Thanks guys. Will probably just rest for a week.... see how it goes.... then build up again and go for high reps and not heavy weights..... read too many go hard or go home articles.....

Doc seems sure its a burst vein and they aren't a big deal.... doesn't hurt really.... did push ups last night, no dramas.....

Just wanted to see if its happened to others training. Cheers.