PDA

View Full Version : 34 and very low test

LuciusWillson
02-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Im 34 and had a low test count a few weeks ago and my family doc wants me on andro gel again. I didn't think the bell helped that much the last time I took it. I have an appt tomorrow with a uroligist because of this and family history of prostate cancer.

These are my numbers. T serum. 122. % free+weakly bound. 53.3, f+w bound 65.

Are these numbers really bad.

What should I have my uroligist check, I've gained lots of fat on my abs but no overall weight gain and am very tired all the time. Wondering about growth hormone as well.

ironwill2008
02-06-2012, 07:08 PM
You should probably check the forum rules.

Good luck with your doc.

paleo
02-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Growth hormone, Luteinizing hormone. Get your thyroid gland checked too. Underactive thyroid can cause tiredness and apathy as well as low libido.

I had a low thyroid and they put me on meds. Feel better now.

LuciusWillson
02-06-2012, 07:33 PM
You should probably check the forum rules.

Good luck with your doc.

I did read the forum rules if I'm breaking a rule please tell me.

Thanks for everyone's help

carbkilla
02-06-2012, 08:45 PM
You're not allowed to talk about HRT here because they don't sell it in the store here. You are allowed to talk about test boosters (that don't work) all you want because they sell allot of those here. Plus there's some legal thing about giving med advise I'm sure.

Sometimes creams or gels don't get through the skin so, your doctor might suggest injections every two weeks. Hope you read this before delete.

CK

induced_drag
02-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Dont feel too bad.....my free test is lower then yours! (Not that that is a contest I wanted to win ;) ).

I did not feel it hurt me in the gym, but it has caused other lifestyle issues....fatigue as well others.

Here is a thread I started about it....basicly...I am saying it is no excuse to not make progress in the gym. It is no excuse to say it is making you fat or you cant gain muscle.

Now if there are other life issues it is effecting, by all means, seek treatment.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141357101

ParsleyTea
02-08-2012, 05:55 AM
Next time you see him, you might ask your urologist to check your vitamin D3 levels. A few articles have come out of late on the importance of the sunshine vitamin for increasing sex hormones.

"Vitamin D and fertility in men and women"

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=f545cba30e1f9697fddbe8acb&id=20789972d6&e=d37488c337

excerpt:

"Every year, billions are spent in fertility clinics; the result of which is often in vitro fertilization (IVF). About 5 years ago, I began receiving emails from a nurse practitioner in Indiana who works in a fertility clinic. Her experience was dramatic; 5,000 IU/day for both the man and woman frequently resulted in a healthy baby. However, her last email to me was quite sad, she was in danger of losing her job as her boss, a gynecologist, was losing money due to vitamin D. He ordered her to stop advocating it or lose her job.

Today, the Daily Mail and several other newspapers reviewed a lengthy article in The European Journal of Endocrinology that concluded, “Given the high prevalence of infertility as well as vitamin D insufficiency in otherwise healthy young women and men and the possible role of vitamin D in human reproduction, research might lead to new therapeutic approaches such as vitamin D supplementation in the treatment of female and male reproductive disorders....”"

&

"...Sunny break may be alternative to IVF: How the sunshine vitamin can help boost fertility

The findings mean that some couples may be undergoing unnecessary and costly fertility treatment when spending time in the sun could be the answer.
For women, vitamin D helps boost levels of the female sex hormones progesterone and oestrogen by 13 per cent and 21 per cent respectively, regulating menstrual cycles and making conception more likely.
Fathers-to-be increase their fertility by going into the sun, too – because vitamin D is essential for the healthy development of each sperm’s nucleus.
It also increases levels of the male sex hormone testosterone, improving a man’s libido, according to the review of several studies, published this week in the European Journal of Endocrinology.
The vitamin’s effect on both male and female sex hormones may explain why conception rates fall in the winter and peak in the summer in Northern European countries, say the researchers at the Medical University of Graz in Austria.

In their own study of nearly 2,300 men, they also found that levels of testosterone and vitamin D peaked in August and were lowest in March, just after the winter.
Women have been found to ovulate less – and their eggs have a reduced chance of implanting in the womb – in the winter months.
The link between sunshine and fertility has also been found in animal studies, the review states...."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2093624/Sunny-break-alternative-IVF-How-sunshine-vitamin-help-boost-fertility.html#ixzz1lnXpIfrG