PDA

View Full Version : Ive gotten past DOMS..now experiencing weakness/fatigue in muscles

billb7581
02-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Muscles feeling particular fatigued/weak today.. just completed my 11 rep week on the All Pro workout, 2 days rest coming right at the right time.. is this somewhat normal? Nothing really hurts, just feel wiped out.

jor012
02-06-2012, 07:50 AM
Don't know what DOMS are but my personal experience..everytime I had weakness and fatigue is because I stopped taking protein sups (whey) usually because I've run out and waited to long..that's why I get a 3 month supply now.

otiskii
02-06-2012, 08:09 AM
Bill, I get the same sometimes. Sometimes it goes away in the middle of a workout, sometimes the the next workout, sometimes the next week but it does come and go. Could be a couple of off meals/sleep, too.

billb7581
02-06-2012, 08:16 AM
Well my 2 days off are coming at the right time... (on a wed fri sun schedule) I have to do 12 reps Wed and right now that feels like an imposibility LOL... hopefully some sleep and some protein will straighten things out.

Singe03
02-06-2012, 08:18 AM
I rarely get DOMs anymore, but what your describing is pretty common for me if I'm not resting and eating enough to support the program. My legs are also usually feeling sort of off the day after squats and with SS making me squat 3x a week, it's pretty much all the time.

Seriously take a look at diet, macros and rest, I think those of us post 40 can do much more than we think we can when we start off (if we didn't lift consistently all our lives) but we don't recover like teenagers anymore.

CardinalRB34
02-06-2012, 08:22 AM
chronic fatigue could sometimes be a sign of overtraining symptoms.

freebirdmac
02-06-2012, 08:26 AM
You're eating at a deficit right? For how long?

BrotherWolf
02-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Muscles feeling particular fatigued/weak today.. just completed my 11 rep week on the All Pro workout, 2 days rest coming right at the right time.. is this somewhat normal? Nothing really hurts, just feel wiped out.

Very normal when you do full body routines, get used to it .. I don't get DOMS anymore but this is what you should feel like now that you are lifting enough weight

billb7581
02-06-2012, 08:42 AM
I think part of it is, I have struggled with my SLDL form. My wife just started working out with me, so I took her over to the Smith Machine to kinda learn the exercise, I did them on there also, and really felt it in my hamstrings rather than my lower back doing it on the angled Smith, so I was probably finally doing it right LOL.

My wife being way more flexible actually had great form and a straight back. I am about as flexible as a lead pipe LOL.

billb7581
02-06-2012, 08:45 AM
You're eating at a deficit right? For how long?

I am still dialing that in, I'm back to a slight surplus as I put on 2 lbs. Super bowl didnt help, I tried to be good but there was a lot of crappy food there, and I had a few light beers. I filled up on the meatballs, and basically destroyed the pepperoni and cheese tray LOL.

billb7581
02-06-2012, 08:48 AM
I rarely get DOMs anymore, but what your describing is pretty common for me if I'm not resting and eating enough to support the program. My legs are also usually feeling sort of off the day after squats and with SS making me squat 3x a week, it's pretty much all the time.

Seriously take a look at diet, macros and rest, I think those of us post 40 can do much more than we think we can when we start off (if we didn't lift consistently all our lives) but we don't recover like teenagers anymore.

All pro has me squatting every day also, along with Bench and SLDL. Going to get some extra rest and eat right heading back into Wed when I need to hit 12 reps.