PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best way to begin and carry out a 'cut' of bodyfat?

VB12
02-04-2012, 10:59 AM
Im coming up to 6 months of bulking now and im pretty happy with my size, weight and strength.

What im not happy with is my bodyfat mainly on my midsection (can just about see a SLIGHT outline of abs) Im currently weighing 189lbs i would guess my bodyfat is possibly 15-20% but im not sure

Im going to start cutting i want to get to about 10% and stay pretty much the same size ( i know im going to look smaller).

So im going to switch most of my carbs to wholemeal, add more veg and fruit and avoid most dirty food.

Are there are any tips which may help me?

Cheers for any suggestions

IronCharles
02-04-2012, 11:01 AM
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=CuttingUpDiets

JOHN GARGANI
02-04-2012, 11:05 AM
VB: we've been through this before with you.....

DONT "CUT"....you are 15 years old, right? you do not need to diet down to 10 percent....if you are growing CONTINUE GROWING....

"CUTTING" at your age is just plain silly..you are NOT heavy in your picture......

take advantage of your favorable hormone levels right now...

Old-Time-Lifter
02-04-2012, 11:07 AM

DONT "CUT"....you are 15 years old, right? you do not need to diet down to 10 percent....if you are growing CONTINUE GROWING....

"CUTTING" at your age is just plain silly..you are NOT heavy in your picture......

Listen to John.

VB12
02-04-2012, 11:21 AM

That was about two months ago ive gained weight since. But I know what you mean, but without abs or great muscle definition i feel like s***.

Old-Time-Lifter
02-04-2012, 11:33 AM
That was about two months ago ive gained weight since. But I know what you mean, but without abs or great muscle definition i feel like s***.

15 years and 15 years and two months isn't going to change the answer.

So diet down a bit but there is no reason to get drastic about weight loss. At 15 you likely think it's a sprint to get big when in all reality it's a freaking marathon and you won't get there by not eating sufficently. Lift heavy and eat properly and you'll get there someday.

VB12
02-04-2012, 11:38 AM
15 years and 15 years and two months isn't going to change the answer.

So diet down a bit but there is no reason to get drastic about weight loss. At 15 you likely think it's a sprint to get big when in all reality it's a freaking marathon and you won't get there by not eating sufficently. Lift heavy and eat properly and you'll get there someday.

yeah i never meant lose weight in a month lol, just how to get bit leaner

Old-Time-Lifter
02-04-2012, 11:42 AM
yeah i never meant lose weight in a month lol, just how to get bit leaner

To lose weight you eat below maintenance, that would seem a bit obvious.

But I really don't think you understand what I meant by marathon -vs- sprint. Build the body while your test levels are peaking, restricting calories will not be your friend at this stage in your development.

I wish I wouldn't have always been trying to make weight in HS for wrestling and for PLing in college and afterwards. I lost out on my best years of gaining mass. :( If you're not in a sport with weight classes just lift, eat, sleep and grow.

VB12
02-04-2012, 11:46 AM
To lose weight you eat below maintenance, that would seem a bit obvious.

But I really don't think you understand what I meant by marathon -vs- sprint. Build the body while your test levels are peaking, restricting calories will not be your friend at this stage in your development.

I wish I wouldn't have always been trying to make weight in HS for wrestling and for PLing in college and afterwards. I lost out on my best years of gaining mass. :( If you're not in a sport with weight classes just lift, eat, sleep and grow.

yeahh i quit football (soccer) to weight train properly, and currently not involved in any other sports. Yh thats what i do alongside studying. Cheers for your advice

Marius_Ursus
02-06-2012, 06:46 AM
The best way to start out is to change your attitude about hunger.

Just remember you're not starving, and it's only hunger, not like a heart attack or having a limb hacked off.

ironwill2008
02-06-2012, 06:54 AM

^^^^ THIS

You're not a candidate for a 'cut,' OP; you're sitting squarely in the middle of the biggest growth spurt you'll ever have in your entire life. Use it to your advantage; eat at a small surplus and train hard using a mostly-compound lift program, and work to build as much muscle and strength as you're able over the next several years.

You can drop some body fat any time. The mass-building ability you possess right now only comes around once. Don't squander it on "abs."

billb7581
02-06-2012, 07:16 AM
What everyone else said. Keep doing what you are doing and your body will grow into your weight. I wouldnt mess around eating at a deficit while I was still growing, unless I was a total lard ass.