PDA

View Full Version : normal cottage cheese or low fat cottage cheese?

denskiies
02-04-2012, 06:46 AM
What would be the best on a cut?

Normal cottage cheese has a good amount of fat in it and since fat slows down digestion it would be a good source of casein

Low fat cottage cheese has lower fat and sometimes a higher carb amount.

cgattshall
02-04-2012, 07:01 AM
It depends on how the two fit into your macros and whichever you prefer...

TheHolyCannoli
02-04-2012, 07:48 AM
My low fat and fat free cottage cheese have the same amount of calories. Only difference is one has 1.5g fat and 6carbs, other is 0fat and something like 8 carbs.....If you honestly think that is going to make a difference for your cut, then I can only assume you have No idea how to design a proper nutrition plan.

pshickey
02-04-2012, 08:50 AM
What they mean is you need to figure out your daily macro needs to cut fat, example mine at the moment on normal days are...

205g protein
145g carbs
55g fat

I also include two high carb days a week. As long as I hit my macro numbers every day, I can pretty much eat any food I want. It matters more than you're consistent than the actual food you eat. So read some stickies and try to figure that out first.

denskiies
02-05-2012, 12:38 AM
What they mean is you need to figure out your daily macro needs to cut fat, example mine at the moment on normal days are...

205g protein
145g carbs
55g fat

I also include two high carb days a week. As long as I hit my macro numbers every day, I can pretty much eat any food I want. It matters more than you're consistent than the actual food you eat. So read some stickies and try to figure that out first.

Yeah lol. It fits into my macros but i just wanted to know what type would be better for a cut lol. In some threads I read that people were using low fat and they insisted that you should too...that confused me as to what would be a lot better for you lol

AlwaysTryin
02-05-2012, 01:09 AM
Yeah lol. It fits into my macros but i just wanted to know what type would be better for a cut lol. In some threads I read that people were using low fat and they insisted that you should too...that confused me as to what would be a lot better for you lol

We know that's what you want to know, but there is no "better" as it's highly dependent on an individual diet

peekfitness
02-05-2012, 01:12 AM
It depends on how the two fit into your macros and whichever you prefer...

Shut up! With your macro bul****tttt

peanut-butter
02-05-2012, 05:30 AM

I've missed my favourite bro. How have you been, bro?

psychodiver9
02-05-2012, 06:01 AM
Neither. Cottage cheese is groce.

lee__d
02-05-2012, 06:31 AM
fat free is not very flavorful.

4%, with protein powder and or PB2 (not manu) peanut butter powder.

ArchangelEST
02-05-2012, 06:47 AM

Ah, cute. A starving child. If you've had enough of starvation, ask your mom for some macro-nutrients, alright?

What would be the best on a cut?

Normal cottage cheese has a good amount of fat in it and since fat slows down digestion it would be a good source of casein

Low fat cottage cheese has lower fat and sometimes a higher carb amount.

Irrelevant.

Eat whichever you prefer and pay attention to your macros and calories in general.

aliensarecool
03-17-2013, 09:15 PM
Bump

SacredCASHcow
03-17-2013, 09:46 PM
Bump

*flips coin* Regular.

KobiDC
03-17-2013, 10:07 PM
Whatever fits your goals best, whether it be full fat, no fat or simply no cottage cheese at all...
I personally find full fat to taste much better though.

AlwaysTryin
03-17-2013, 10:26 PM
Bump

Why?

determined4000
03-17-2013, 10:34 PM
low fat
more room for pb mix-ins

Vasyok
03-18-2013, 04:07 AM
Either at least 4% fat content or you mix your own PB in. FF CC without any fat added tastes like sh*t. Even on a cut I don't eat it...
And since you need to get in your fat anyway, why taking FF CC? There's not so much fat in total in those small servings, so you should have enough fat left for the day to eat any other fatty foods you enjoy.