PDA

View Full Version : What's the healthiest Indian take away food I can eat?

gkf9
02-04-2012, 01:45 AM
Hi
Going round to some friends house tonight with the wife, and will be consuming a take away ( Indian Food ) as I'm trying my hardest to keep my diet as clean as possible, just wanted to know what's the healthiest starter/main I can consume? Said I would drive to keep me off the alcohol so will probably just have one pint.

Thanks inadvance.

Komadori
02-04-2012, 02:07 AM
Hi
Going round to some friends house tonight with the wife, and will be consuming a take away ( Indian Food ) as I'm trying my hardest to keep my diet as clean as possible, just wanted to know what's the healthiest starter/main I can consume? Said I would drive to keep me off the alcohol so will probably just have one pint.

Thanks inadvance.

I'm not too sure how much fat goes into curries. You might be best off with tandoori chicken. Stay away from the naan and papad. The lassi is tasty but probably has a lot of carbs and fat. Even palak paneer (spinach and cheese) has some fat added to it from the ghee (butter). If I had to recommend a curry, I'd go with daal (bean) or vegetable, if it's offered.

You may want to find some typical indian dishes and look up their nutritional data online. Worse comes to worst, you can split a plate with your wife and have your main meal at a different time. Good luck. :)

Marius_Ursus
02-04-2012, 04:19 AM
Bison.

NYkarate
02-04-2012, 05:28 AM
Bison.

Add to that maize and there are plenty of gourds such as pumpkin that are healthy. I also understand some native species of snake are high in omega 3s.

Go to an Indian restaurant, the curries are made with clarified butter and pack mucho calories.

jor012
02-04-2012, 06:02 AM
Bison.

Add to that maize and there are plenty of gourds such as pumpkin that are healthy. I also understand some native species of snake are high in omega 3s.

Go to an Indian restaurant, the curries are made with clarified butter and pack mucho calories. I'm thinking..do Indian people eat that stuff? It took a minute but I got it..LOL..still waking up.

gkf9
02-04-2012, 06:53 AM
I'm not too sure how much fat goes into curries. You might be best off with tandoori chicken. Stay away from the naan and papad. The lassi is tasty but probably has a lot of carbs and fat. Even palak paneer (spinach and cheese) has some fat added to it from the ghee (butter). If I had to recommend a curry, I'd go with daal (bean) or vegetable, if it's offered.

You may want to find some typical indian dishes and look up their nutritional data online. Worse comes to worst, you can split a plate with your wife and have your main meal at a different time. Good luck. :)

Mmmmmm the Daal sounds good, might just give that a try. Thanks

db_ggmm
02-04-2012, 07:12 AM
I don't know if you want to be "that guy" but honestly when I eat indian I usually get a vindaloo and eat the meat out. It is hot as shtt which is very filling, delicious, and it's meat. Realistically, though, when I eat out, I eat whatever I want, period. It is generally a waste of time blowing energy trying to nitpick your way through a takeout meal. Chalk it up to a cheat meal and call it a day. Pretend to be IF'ing and just eat one massive meal if it makes you happy.

MecGen
02-04-2012, 07:26 AM
Indian.....I love Indian....food

Stay away from the Butter Chicken homersimsondrool.jpg

Check out some of the daily specials, has some kick ass fish a while back, I don't remember what its called.

Have fun

tigerhu45
02-04-2012, 07:35 AM
I don't know if you want to be "that guy" but honestly when I eat indian I usually get a vindaloo and eat the meat out. It is hot as shtt which is very filling, delicious, and it's meat. Realistically, though, when I eat out, I eat whatever I want, period. It is generally a waste of time blowing energy trying to nitpick your way through a takeout meal. Chalk it up to a cheat meal and call it a day. Pretend to be IF'ing and just eat one massive meal if it makes you happy.Even palak paneer (spinach and cheese) has some fat added tohttp://www.collegefun4u.com/track.php?u=5 it from the ghee (butter). If I had to recommend a curry, I'd go with daal (bean) or vegetable, if it's offered.You may want to find some typical indian dishes and look up their nutritional data online. Worse comes to worst, you can split a plate with your wife and have your main meal at a different time. Good luck

gkf9
02-04-2012, 07:53 AM
I don't know if you want to be "that guy" but honestly when I eat indian I usually get a vindaloo and eat the meat out. It is hot as shtt which is very filling, delicious, and it's meat. Realistically, though, when I eat out, I eat whatever I want, period. It is generally a waste of time blowing energy trying to nitpick your way through a takeout meal. Chalk it up to a cheat meal and call it a day. Pretend to be IF'ing and just eat one massive meal if it makes you happy.

I like this, yeah I will deffo be having a pig out what ever I get, but might as well get the healthiest to a certain point.