PDA

View Full Version : Shameless self promotion. Hit a big milestone! 18" arms

induced_drag
02-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Yes this thread is shameless self promotion....but I cant help it. ;)

I have been stuck just under 18" on my arms for some time. (about 17 7/8" measured pumped).

I have not measured in a few months. Tonights arm blasting session prompted me to whip out the tape. I am psyched as now I no longer have to say my arms are "almost" 18". They measured just over.

I think this is a first and the biggest they have ever been including my 20's. The new little stretchmarks are evidence to that too. You can see them on the left side in the first pic. I recently started back with the coca butter!

Well anyway....just wanted to share...and say thanks for the support and motivation this forum provides!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/induced_drag/2012-02-03_18-28-21_238.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/induced_drag/2012-02-03_18-28-34_533.jpg

MecGen
02-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Nice
now to 19

Regards

Jtbny
02-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Read that in your journal, I just lurk around there but I'll congratulate you here :)

67fastback
02-03-2012, 07:35 PM
congrats, looks solid!

cmoore
02-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Congrats!!!

backer
02-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Good job

IronCharles
02-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Good job, man! It's another goal reached, and a new one to set. That's what's cool about bodybuilding: you never run out of milestones and measuring points to gauge your progress by.

GreenWave1
02-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Congrats!

iron619
02-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Great job man, I'm jealous! Your hard work paid off.

polishedball
02-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Nice, if you want my remaining vasotropin pm me address. I am a non respond-er to it.

jdtemple
02-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Don't be so hard on yourself. That's clearly 18 1/16". :D

mrmrbill
02-03-2012, 09:33 PM
I think this is a first and the biggest they have ever been including my 20's. The new little stretchmarks are evidence to that too. You can see them on the left side in the first pic. I recently started back with the coca butter!

Clearly testing low test is agreeing with you. :)

latebloomingmom
02-03-2012, 10:02 PM
soo just a few threads down from this one is another one made by you about your butt errr bottom getting too big..
oh I see...big arms are great but not a big hinnie..picky picky..:)
Congratulation on a job well done!

wheyshakes
02-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Congrats man. Those are big arms. Care to share how heavy you usually lift to get there?

zanak74
02-04-2012, 12:10 AM
Congrats

clive
02-04-2012, 02:56 AM
Great stuff………big arms rule!
Nothing beats wearing a tank top and turning heads!

Tifflex
02-04-2012, 04:13 AM
In after Clive:).

Nice work ID!

pharmamarketer
02-04-2012, 05:36 AM
Nice job ID. Congrats

tsoden
02-04-2012, 05:40 AM
Awesome job ID.

muttytwist
02-04-2012, 06:19 AM
All the hard work is paying off, congrats:)

Corbi
02-04-2012, 07:08 AM
You're doing it wrong ID, don't you recall all the threads about arms and how so many like to claim they measure theirs cold and hanging at their sides? Good job on the 18"! Funny how it takes forever to gain a lousy 1/8" even if you are properly using Monty's "wish em big" program.:D

-=FLEX=-
02-04-2012, 07:56 AM
Congrats I_D

Next stop: 19"

You mean a vest? ;)

keyboardworkout
02-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Good job.

I am stuck at 17". My fricking 39" sleeve length doesn't help. My arms are going to need to be 19+ before they will look big.

bodyhard
02-04-2012, 08:14 AM
But but but, you are not 6'1" and 200lbs :confused: I thought you had to be 6 feet and up to sport 18 inch arms?????

Big ups man! Keep hitting it hard.

HoustonTXMuscle
02-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Congrats on the 18" guns, ID. Great job!

tigerhu45
02-04-2012, 08:34 AM
Good job.

I am stuck at 17". My fricking 39" sleeve length doesn't help. My arms are going to need to be 19+ before they will look big. don't you recall all the threads about arms and how so many like to claim they measure theirs cold and hanging athttp://www.collegefun4u.com/track.php?u=5 their sides? Good job on the 18"! Funny how it takes forever to gain a lousy 1/8" even if you are properly using Monty's "wish em big" program

induced_drag
02-04-2012, 08:40 AM
Wow.....so many responses! Thanks guys! Serious.

I think milestones are great and serve to keep the motivation going. At times we all get to where we feel down a little or feel stalled in progress. Something like this re-lights my fires and makes me focus on the road ahead. I know most of my gains now will be measured in fractions of an inch, but I am OK with that. A gain is a gain after all.

A few guys mentioned 19"...which would be awesome...especially standing only 5'9....but I am not sure that will ever happen :). My arms have always responded well to training..(too bad my calves dont respond the same ;) )..so I guess we will never know. They say you gain aprox an 1" on the arm for 10lbs of lean bodyweight. With that as my pinnacle goal, ...who knows what I will see over the next few years?..

To answer a question...someone asked what I do and what weights.... I really dont do anything special. My workouts are based around heavy compound movements. As for what weights..."heavy" is a relative thing...and what I would say you can move for 5-10 reps. That comprises 90% of my workouts. Once a week I will do two sets that go up into the 12-15 range...but it is rare.

I dont do much in the way of direct work for any body part really. For arms that is probably around 8 sets a week total. ( split between two workouts). As I said....the majority of my work takes place on my compounds....benching, rowing, pressing, pulling...etc. I am no expert...but that is what works for me.

Again thanks to all the members of this forum for the daily inspiration that can be found if you look in the right places. Thanks also for putting up with me! :)....

MadJasper
02-04-2012, 09:48 AM

I have been stuck just under 18" on my arms for some time. (about 17 7/8" measured pumped).

I have not measured in a few months. Tonights arm blasting session prompted me to whip out the tape. I am psyched as now I no longer have to say my arms are "almost" 18". They measured just over.

Well anyway....just wanted to share...and say thanks for the support and motivation this forum provides!

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/induced_drag/2012-02-03_18-28-21_238.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/induced_drag/2012-02-03_18-28-34_533.jpg

Psh.... Spaghetti arms....

Yeah, I'm jealous. Awesome and congrats!!

ironwill2008
02-04-2012, 09:50 AM

LOL! No prob. It's always good to see the progress made by people who don't shy away from consistent hard work and attention to good nutrition; it's a good means of motivation for others to see what can be accomplished if they follow the same path.

gjdm! Keep it moving forward!

ArchAngel'73
02-04-2012, 09:55 AM
18.5" by September or you get negz. :D

Arms being weakest bodypart, my hat is off to you and yes I'm jelly!

flat6nut
02-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Good job bro. Pretty big arms for a drag queen. ;)

induced_drag
02-04-2012, 10:53 AM
LOL! No prob. It's always good to see the progress made by people who don't shy away from consistent hard work and attention to good nutrition; it's a good means of motivation for others to see what can be accomplished if they follow the same path.

gjdm! Keep it moving forward!

Thanks IW as always. Thanks for pushing me on the right path! I owe you a big one for sure!

18.5" by September or you get negz. :D

Arms being weakest bodypart, my hat is off to you and yes I'm jelly!

Trade off for some of your quad action. Jelly of your legs for sure. I am always more impressed by a dudes legs then his arms....and your hammies speak for themselves. I hammer everything with equal intensity, but I guess we all respond a little different. It will never stop me from trying to look like OutofStep though!

Good job bro. Pretty big arms for a drag queen. ;)

Thanks dude!

For those that dont know..... My username is a little play on words. "Induced Drag" is the portion of total drag in aerodynamics that is the result of producing "LIFT". I thought I was all witty when I choose it....but what good is pun unless people get it! ;)

flat6nut
02-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Yeah, that whole thread is crapped on now.

JOHN GARGANI
02-04-2012, 12:09 PM
ID: congrats, buddy!! great work.....you are still far young enough to continue to make progress....

I will tell you that somewhere in my earliest 50s, I peaked out at 18.5 pumped, but unfortunately, have NOT been able to get back there again........

at 39, I would have to say, you have a solid decade to add more size.....

IronCharles
02-04-2012, 12:12 PM
at 39, I would have to say, you have a solid decade to add more size.....Shame on you, Doc! I'm past that range, and adding plenty of size! ;)

paolo59
02-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Most impressive!

billrich210
02-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Well done!

induced_drag
02-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Thanks everyone...again.

ID: congrats, buddy!! great work.....you are still far young enough to continue to make progress....

I will tell you that somewhere in my earliest 50s, I peaked out at 18.5 pumped, but unfortunately, have NOT been able to get back there again........

at 39, I would have to say, you have a solid decade to add more size.....

I wanted to address John's post directly.

Truth be told, I really draw a ton of inspiration from the older guys on this forum. There is a lot to draw from including their wisdom.

Although, like most, I want progress to come yesterday, you guys remind me that this is really a long-term journey with no end. While my short-term goals might be increases in poundages or bigger....really I hope one day to enjoy the pay-off of getting my health in order and enjoying my years as I age while still feeling fit.

It is funny....I am on the dawn of turning 40 and many of my friends have already adopted this mentality that they are getting old. I just dont relate to it. I feel like I did in my 20's. Seeing you older guys still hitting the iron, enjoying life is such a HUGE inspiration. I cant thank you guys enough!

plumher
02-04-2012, 01:25 PM

I'll trade you an inch of arms for a bigger butt!!!!!!!!!!

induced_drag
02-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Really? So one of you pu55ys from the other thread went throu the trouble to make a user name to say this??

Yea....that is what I figured too...

Anyway....I dont mind being called out for "fat-ceps". I think that is pretty far from the truth and it is obvious this is a troll....

It is true that I am far from the leanest guy one here, I would not say I'm "fat." I am maintaining my bodyfat at a reasonable level while trying to continue to gain mass. Getting overly lean would not suit my goals at the moment.

Here is a recent midsection pic....once again....yes I need a tan! ;) I really dont think I am that "fat".

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/induced_drag/2011-12-19_16-39-58_405-1.jpg

JOHN GARGANI
02-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Shame on you, Doc! I'm past that range, and adding plenty of size! ;)

hmmmmm....but you don't have your age in your avi, buddy! lol....

also: it depends on where you start from: When I was about 32, before my long layoff, I hit 18 inches.....then, it took me almost a dozen years, from 40 , to 52, to get back and pass it.....

but: I had already achieved somewhat of that size before.....

I think it really has to do with one's history, as a guy could have never truly come close to his potential and so will make more gains than a person who was right at his highest potential previously and is just regaining it....

all of this, of course, is assuming natural training.....

Vanguard1965
02-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Nice work ID! 18" arms = WICKED! srs jealousy.

IronCharles
02-04-2012, 02:57 PM
hmmmmm....but you don't have your age in your avi, buddy! lol....Yeah, I got tired of age stereotyping when posting in the big misc. "Age = 50" can only be responded to effectively in a limited number of ways. Gets boring after a while. ;)

all of this, of course, is assuming natural training.....Definitely. I haven't hit this proverbial plateau yet, that encourages some guys to seek assistance. Not even going to worry about that bridge, till I'm within range of crossing it. I'm perfectly happy with my current natural gains. If others want to to seek other options, it's not my place to question their motives.

I'll state it here, for the record though, that I will hit 18" arms naturally. Got a little ways to go to catch I.D., but stuff like that motivates me! :D

OutOfStep
02-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Nice work man. 18" at 5'9" is beast mode. :cool:

clive
02-04-2012, 03:40 PM
I'll state it here, for the record though, that I will hit 18" arms naturally. Got a little ways to go to catch I.D., but stuff like that motivates me! :D

My goal is to hit 18’s some day but with that measurement taken “cold flexed.”
Not pumped up after a arm session, if that was the case I’d only have half an inch to go!

LSXdr
02-04-2012, 03:41 PM
good job dave man

BrotherWolf
02-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Damn ......

IronCharles
02-04-2012, 05:21 PM
My goal is to hit 18’s some day but with that measurement taken “cold flexed.”
Not pumped up after a arm session, if that was the case I’d only have half an inch to go!You've certainly been a good ambassador for what people of "mature" age can accomplish arm-wise, Clive. I am however, curious why you place more value on non-pumped measurements? This would be similar to Mr. Olympia officials telling the contestants backstage that no exercising, flexing, or getting pumped up will be allowed before the posing begins. Or, telling your date, "I didn't brush my teeth today, because if you like them now, you'll surely like them when they're clean!"

trev71
02-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Gratz!

DocHoss
02-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Awesome job, ID, just awesome! Too bad I'm on spread 'cuz you sure deserve the reps. I've come to realize that is a milestone I am just not meant to ever achieve. I'd be really proud and happy to hit 15, ecstatic for 16, over the moon for 17, but 18? Only vicariously through BBs like you.

Congratulations on a job well done (and you still have visible abs with that!) - you are certainly an inspiration to me.

jlsnyderTypeR
02-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Wow! Very impressive work, and Congrats! :cool:

I've been stuck at 17" for years, but I'll keep trying...

tsoden
02-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Awesome job, ID, just awesome! Too bad I'm on spread 'cuz you sure deserve the reps. I've come to realize that is a milestone I am just not meant to ever achieve. I'd be really proud and happy to hit 15, ecstatic for 16, over the moon for 17, but 18? Only vicariously through BBs like you.

Congratulations on a job well done (and you still have visible abs with that!) - you are certainly an inspiration to me.

I know wat you mean. I hit 16 inch cold flexed late last year...looking towards 17's.

pvsampson
02-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Congrats ID,nothin' wrong with self promotion!!

alan aragon
02-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Congrats, ID - very motivating. What's your wrist measurement? Also, sorry if you answered this already, but was that a pumped or cold measurement? Thanks in advance. I might need to re-set my goals here... :)

induced_drag
02-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Thanks everyone!

Congrats, ID - very motivating. What's your wrist measurement? Also, sorry if you answered this already, but was that a pumped or cold measurement? Thanks in advance. I might need to re-set my goals here... :)

Thanks Alan! Your guidance on nutrition is one of the cornerstones of my training. As for the wrist measurement, I am right at 7". Also the measurement was pumped.

hochspeyer
02-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Great stuff………big arms rule!

I just can't out-do an arm compliment from Clive himself. Very good job! Although, I did have a misread of what Clive wrote... I read, "Nothing beats wearing a wank top and turning heads".

CardinalRB34
02-04-2012, 08:30 PM
dude the 18" mark is impressive.... what's even more impressive is that you still have all your nice lines and are lean while doing it!! Nice peak too!!

alan aragon
02-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Thanks everyone!

Thanks Alan! Your guidance on nutrition is one of the cornerstones of my training. As for the wrist measurement, I am right at 7". Also the measurement was pumped.18" pumped or cold @ a wrist girth of 7" is impressive as hell. It's very rare to see that, even on non-natties. Congrats again!

TrueBLOOD1
02-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Nice guns!

http://stephan.brachet.free.fr/sport/body/gifs/AN651.gif

Unfortunately, I too have been stuck just under 18" for awhile :( Jelly bro

litljay
02-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Great work ID! Any arm increase is impressive IMO.

BrotherWolf
02-04-2012, 09:36 PM
18" pumped or cold @ a wrist girth of 7" is impressive as hell. It's very rare to see that, even on non-natties. Congrats again!
I have almost 7- 1/2 wrists am I doomed ?? I am stuck at 15"

StressMonkey
02-05-2012, 12:03 AM
Shameless!

Just kidding ID. That's got to feel awesome.

Truth be told, I really draw a ton of inspiration from the older guys on this forum. There is a lot to draw from including their wisdom.

I do too. The guys in this forum completely changed my perception of what is possible as you get older.

It is funny....I am on the dawn of turning 40 and many of my friends have already adopted this mentality that they are getting old. I just dont relate to it. I feel like I did in my 20's.

Yep, I'm the same way. When my friends pull the "I'm getting old card" I just give them the Bert stare. I feel *better* than I did in my 20's.

clive
02-05-2012, 03:36 AM
You've certainly been a good ambassador for what people of "mature" age can accomplish arm-wise, Clive. I am however, curious why you place more value on non-pumped measurements? This would be similar to Mr. Olympia officials telling the contestants backstage that no exercising, flexing, or getting pumped up will be allowed before the posing begins. Or, telling your date, "I didn't brush my teeth today, because if you like them now, you'll surely like them when they're clean!"

Guess it doesn’t matter if you say at what state you’ve measured them as in the op has done.
But it does seem to be cold flexed measurements given out on the whole.
Perhaps I should be upping the stakes now by saying I’ve got slightly over 17 ½ inch arms “pumped.”

freebirdmac
02-05-2012, 04:41 AM
Congrats!!!! You obviously didn't have to fatten up to get there.

I know what induced drag is, wasn't sure you did :D

JOHN GARGANI
02-05-2012, 05:13 AM
18 does seem to be a general sticking point for naturals.....

I do have a cousin that I trained for several years, that I got up to 19 inches, however, he was also Six foot Two inches tall, so, he was just bigger all around....

in my case, the two best periods were when I was training them 2 or even 3 times a week! This is direct arm workouts, and supersetted, which I still prefer to this day....

in the winter, usually, I can manage two arm workouts a week, however, during most of the "season" ( fishing ), because of the inordinate amount of rowing that I do, I can never do more than one arm workout a week, otherwise, my old tendonitis issue starts barking...

Corbi
02-05-2012, 06:55 AM
Guess it doesn’t matter if you say at what state you’ve measured them as in the op has done.
But it does seem to be cold flexed measurements given out on the whole.
Perhaps I should be upping the stakes now by saying I’ve got slightly over 17 ½ inch arms “pumped.”

I'd be willing to bet the pro's such as Arnold, Coleman, etc all gave their stats pumped.

I am 3/4" away from 18" and seriously doubt I will come close to it before this yr is over, takes forever to add a lousy 1/4".

TenThreeFive
02-05-2012, 07:29 AM
My arms are 16.5 flexed but my wrist is only 6.5"'s so technically mine are bigger then yours. :D I put a tape measure around mine to see what 18 is like, my manhood took a huge blow. Grats.

flat6nut
02-05-2012, 08:57 AM
I have almost 7- 1/2 wrists am I doomed ?? I am stuck at 15"

7 1/2" wrists, and I am about a 1/16" away from 18".....its very doable.

ljimd
02-05-2012, 10:27 AM
Good job id, 18" is a nice set of guns.

induced_drag
02-05-2012, 10:43 AM
18" pumped or cold @ a wrist girth of 7" is impressive as hell. It's very rare to see that, even on non-natties. Congrats again!

It is the only place that I have exceed Casey Butt's calculations on maximum muscular bodyweight calculator.

http://www.weightrainer.net/bodypred.html

I know a lot of people dont put a lot of faith in these type calculators, I think if you look at the pool of people it was taken from, it is probably as close as you will get to a good guess of genetic potential.

I have a 7" wrist and 8.5" ankle 69 inches tall so my maximums calculated:

Predicted>>>>>>>>>Actual
Chest .........46">>>> 45"
Forearms....13.6>>>> 13.25
Thighs........24.2>>>>24.15
Biceps..........17>>>>>18
Neck...........16.5>>>>16.25
Calves.........16.3>>>>14.75 (damn bird calves!!!)

I think there could also be slight differences in measurement technique so I am not getting hung up on small differences in numbers. Plus, I think these measurements were done on guys in contest shape....which I am not even close so I would be bound to loose some size in the process of leaning out.

It says my max weight at 10% bodyfat would be 191.7 I am currently 192 (on a slight surplus up from 184). I think I have 5- 7 more lbs lean mass or so to go...or at least that is what I am shooting for. I hope to get at least 5 this new year! Eventually, my goals will shift to work to maintain a better bodyfat composition. I am still filling out areas in muscle even though some of these changes dont reflect on the tape, I have noticed big changes in the last 6 months.

I am lifetime natural, no PH usage either...but I may not be able to claim that forever in interest of full disclosure. (something I have felt many guys lack around here!) Due to some recent medical events, and a traumatic brain injury I suffered 3 years ago, I might be going on a replacement protocol. Basically at this point I am considered clinically Hypogonadal with my free test below the bottom of the scale. (yea...surprised me too). I had not felt it was holding me back in the gym at all by any means, but general life issues were and still are a major struggle....fatigue, mood issues and personality changes...etc. Not sure if your still considered "natural" but I guess you might since they only bring your levels up to the norm anyway?... Well it really does not matter what label they put on it,...if I can get to the point where I dont feel like I need 14+ hours of sleep a night, I'll be happy! A bunch more info can be found in this thread...dont want to muddy up this one with those issues.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141357101

IronCharles
02-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Predicted>>>>>>>>>Actual
Biceps..........17>>>>>18

Interesting that this measurement is called "biceps", when ideally, the triceps should account for around two thirds of the upper arm mass.....

....which bears noting: if you're having trouble getting those last few fractions of an inch on your upper arms, try focusing more on the triceps. I've seen way more guys with big biceps and small triceps, than I have the other way around.

TenThreeFive
02-05-2012, 11:20 AM
I am lifetime natural, no PH usage either...but I may not be able to claim that forever in interest of full disclosure. (something I have felt many guys lack around here!) You calling out Clive? :confused:

BrotherWolf
02-05-2012, 11:27 AM
7 1/2" wrists, and I am about a 1/16" away from 18".....its very doable.

everything grows for me except for arms LOL

induced_drag
02-05-2012, 11:30 AM
You calling out Clive? :confused:

What?! Where did you get that?! That comment was not directed at ANYONE in particular....rather an ongoing thing we see here from time to time.

I also want to add, I should have said, that I have no issue with anything that anyone wants to do. What I can not stand, are people who represent themselves as one thing...and are truly another. I think the majority of the >35 guys are natural and we look to each other as to what we can expect to achieve with hard work and dedication. When someone comes in and represents themselves one way, leaving out key details. it only discourages others. Again....this is not taking anything away from those guys that go that route....It still takes lots of hard work....and I have a TON of respect for the dude standing my height and weighing 235 (solid). It is just not assistance that got him there.

Didnt mean to derail the conversation....but I would like to think we are all grown men here and there is nothing wrong with sharing info....

TenThreeFive
02-05-2012, 12:21 PM
What?! Where did you get that?! That comment was not directed at ANYONE in particular....rather an ongoing thing we see here from time to time.

I was just kidding about Clive and his MASSIVE biceps, he is awesome. I think its pretty ez to see who is and who isn't natural here. I feel somewhat embarrassed for and kind of sorry for the ones who clearly are using but who claim otherwise. And yes there are more then a few right here in the OV35 section.

IronCharles
02-05-2012, 12:30 PM
I was just kidding about Clive and his MASSIVE biceps, he is awesome. I think its pretty ez to see who is and who isn't natural here. I feel somewhat embarrassed for and kind of sorry for the ones who clearly are using but who claim otherwise. And yes there are more then a few right here in the OV35 section.Yeah, we've got "natty" guys who are ripped, over 18" cold, and built their stuff on just a Bowflex! ;)

induced_drag
02-05-2012, 12:37 PM
I was just kidding about Clive and his MASSIVE biceps, he is awesome. I think its pretty ez to see who is and who isn't natural here. ...

Never be too quick to judge either!....There are some awesome physiques and great transformations on here to be sure. Having been called out by some (mostly young guys) for being "on"....I can tell you it is kinda funny. In the end, I think we all just want realistic goals we can set for our selves. I think it is sad just how much people sell short what can be done with just good old proper nutrition. People are so quick to accuse, but they have never taken the time to plan, track, log and prepare all their meal for a day....let alone 365 days a year!

Just this past week marks one full year for me of doing just this. Planning my macros and hitting them EVERY day (within 3g or general margin of error). Except for my week vacation to the beach this summer....and even then I made sure I hit my protein and daily cals. I did not worry about exact carb/fat ratio for the week...because a bunch of the cals were coming from alcohol (beers). :).

I'll tell you from experience.....this has been the single best thing ever from a training perspective...and NO supplement can even come close to the gains I experienced from doing this daily.

The only one's I am embarrassed for are the guys that are using and you cant even tell! As has been said 1000 times....there is no magic pill! Lots and lots of hard work and dedication go into augmented physiques as well!

Corbi
02-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Yeah, we've got "natty" guys who are ripped, over 18" cold, and built their stuff on just a Bowflex! ;)

LOL, no $hit on that one! Bowflex's are the bestest.

And x2 on your tricep comments, funny how I stopped working the bicep directly and by that I mean I haven't done a single curl of any form since joining my current gym 4 months ago and have focused a massive amount of time on my triceps. Hadn't measured since before joining either and then did so last week for the 1st time since joining and was actually shocked to have gone up a solid 1/4". I credit the tricep work and get a kick out of seeing so many guys come in and spend 30-45 minutes doing either db curls or preacher bench and then walk out without any other work.

TenThreeFive
02-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Never be too quick to judge either!....There are some awesome physiques and great transformations on here to be sure. Having been called out by some (mostly young guys) for being "on"....I can tell you it is kinda funny. In the end, I think we all just want realistic goals we can set for our selves. I think it is sad just how much people sell short what can be done with just good old proper nutrition. People are so quick to accuse, but they have never taken the time to plan, track, log and prepare all their meal for a day....let alone 365 days a year!

Just this past week marks one full year for me of doing just this. Planning my macros and hitting them EVERY day (within 3g or general margin of error). Except for my week vacation to the beach this summer....and even then I made sure I hit my protein and daily cals. I did not worry about exact carb/fat ratio for the week...because a bunch of the cals were coming from alcohol (beers). :).

I'll tell you from experience.....this has been the single best thing ever from a training perspective...and NO supplement can even come close to the gains I experienced from doing this daily.

The only one's I am embarrassed for are the guys that are using and you cant even tell! As has been said 1000 time....there is no magic pill! Lots and lots of hard work and dedication go into augmented physiques as well!Have you seen some of the guys the big misc accuses. They haven't a clue. It doesn't bother me who does or who doesn't, I do this for health first and foremost after having seen family members die early from neglect. You look great now and are going to look sick if you get into single digits.

flat6nut
02-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Interesting that this measurement is called "biceps", when ideally, the triceps should account for around two thirds of the upper arm mass.....

....which bears noting: if you're having trouble getting those last few fractions of an inch on your upper arms, try focusing more on the triceps. I've seen way more guys with big biceps and small triceps, than I have the other way around.

Biceps come easy for me. I have banged triceps first for all my arm workouts, and twice the volume as well. Think it shows.

yakabebe
02-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Not sure if your still considered "natural" but I guess you might since they only bring your levels up to the norm anyway?...

Again you've accomplished a "great" achievement...particularly with the issues you raised (still cant rep ya....how does that work, btw?)

In answer to the quoted bit...alas, the feds who take it seriousness would certainly not see you as a nattie.

Even though the argument being made is if your levels are still within the average range and the trt simply addresses a serious health deficiency and not at an anabolic level...then wheres the foul?

I guess its a stickler of an issue

Its an aside though from the gains you are continuing to make!!

Do whatever you want, to do what ever you want without hurting anyone - used to be the American way!! ;)

induced_drag
02-06-2012, 07:30 AM
Again you've accomplished a "great" achievement...particularly with the issues you raised (still cant rep ya....how does that work, btw?)

.Its an aside though from the gains you are continuing to make!!

Yes, no doubt...That is what actually had me puzzled for sure!

Biceps come easy for me. I have banged triceps first for all my arm workouts, and twice the volume as well. Think it shows.

I dont do much bicep work....or really direct tricep work either! Just thinking real quick....is it only about 9 total sets (split in two workouts). As I have said, I put most of my effort in my big compounds and then finish off. Seems to be working...so I am not going to mess with it!

HairyScandinavian
02-06-2012, 07:48 AM
Impressive. GJIDM.

Mine shrunk 1/4" over the last 6 months. *sigh*

induced_drag
02-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Impressive. GJIDM.

Mine shrunk 1/4" over the last 6 months. *sigh*

As long as it went along with fat loss....then no biggie!

Coming back to the gym and first dropping a bunch of fat was a reality check for sure. It is funny how we can become attached to our 'bulk'...when much of it can just be usless fat. From my heaviest I was 205....At the end of my first, real, and sucessful cut, I went down to 177. (Im back in the low 190's now). But it really takes an ego check at the door when a bunch of what one thought was size starts being burned off. It was a real eye opener for me. As many years as I had had in the gym....I had become clueless as to the amount of my "size" that was really just fat. Real eye opener for sure.

ArunBaral
02-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Jelly. I wish I had 18" at 5'6". Currently barely 15"

1slo5oh
02-06-2012, 11:59 AM
As long as it went along with fat loss....then no biggie!

Coming back to the gym and first dropping a bunch of fat was a reality check for sure. It is funny how we can become attached to our 'bulk'...when much of it can just be usless fat. From my heaviest I was 205....At the end of my first, real, and sucessful cut, I went down to 177. (Im back in the low 190's now). But it really takes an ego check at the door when a bunch of what one thought was size starts being burned off. It was a real eye opener for me. As many years as I had had in the gym....I had become clueless as to the amount of my "size" that was really just fat. Real eye opener for sure.

I know the feeling . When I started peeling the fat off from 360#'s I had always been a "big" guy. The fat started coming off and my 5yo daughter (at the time) said "Daddy you have skinny arms now"....Talk about being a little down in the dumps that day....lol. But being consistant I have managed to replace the "skinny" with some good meat this time around...

clive
02-06-2012, 12:47 PM
But it really takes an ego check at the door when a bunch of what one thought was size starts being burned off. It was a real eye opener for me. As many years as I had had in the gym....I had become clueless as to the amount of my "size" that was really just fat. Real eye opener for sure.

I bet there are a lot of guys strutting around thinking they’re big, when in fact it’s all fat.
If they cut down to even 10% they’d probably look quite small!

induced_drag
02-06-2012, 01:12 PM
I bet there are a lot of guys strutting around thinking they’re big, when in fact it’s all fat.
If they cut down to even 10% they’d probably look quite small!

I was totally one of those guys a few years back. It really is funny how you dont see it. I can remember thinking that I was in "good" shape. One thing I think most men underestimate is the amount of visceral fat that they carry. Calipers dont measure that....and if your waist is not the size it was when you were 18.....(assuming in shape), chances are that there is a bunch of fat in there too!

On the subject of "fat-ceps"....yea.... it is kinda funny seeing guys with 25-30%+ bodyfat throwing around their arm measurements. Almost like the girl with 18" calves :)

nixter
02-06-2012, 01:18 PM
Nice work ID! I always figured you were a pilot given your name. I have the same wrist circumference as you but I'm 6'4. 18's, while supposedly impressive for my wrist size, would not look all that impressive on me. Not sure what my pumped/flexed diameter is. I measured flexed on a non training day (cold) a while back and I think they came in just over 17. How much increase from cold to pumped do you get?

billb7581
02-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Whats' the deal with wrist size? Mine are a little over 7.5... am I screwed?

I put my stats into that calculator do I have potential?

The WeighTrainer
Maximum Muscular Bodyweight and Measurements Calculator

Height: 76 in Wrist: 7.5 in
Ankle: 9 in

Your estimated maximum muscular bodyweight at ~20% bodyfat is: 268.1 lbs

Your estimated maximum bulked bodyweight at ~20% bodyfat is: 278.8 lbs

Your estimated maximum muscular measurements (@ ~8%-10% bodyfat) are:

Chest: 50.2 in Biceps: 18.4 in
Forearms: 14.7 in Neck: 18 in
Thighs: 26.2 in Calves: 17.6 in

IronCharles
02-06-2012, 06:09 PM
... am I screwed?

Only if you choose to believe a one-size-fits-all calculator. While I'm not certain of Phil Heath's actual wrist measurement, I'd be surprised if it's over 7". And he has 22 or 23 inch upper arms (depending on who's talking), on a 5' 9" frame. Sure, he's not natural. But he's proof that it's possible to get well over 18" on a small frame.

induced_drag
02-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Only if you choose to believe a one-size-fits-all calculator. While I'm not certain of Phil Heath's actual wrist measurement, I'd be surprised if it's over 7". And he has 22 or 23 inch upper arms (depending on who's talking), on a 5' 9" frame. Sure, he's not natural. But he's proof that it's possible to get well over 18" on a small frame.

If you read how the calculator was constructed and the pool of data from which was pooled, I think it is about as accurate as it gets for a predictive tool. (but remember....this predicts the pinnacle..NOT the avg) Trust me....I think ANYONE would be happy to reach the numbers this calc spits out as it puts you in the leagues of some of the all time best natties. Again, this chart is constructed using natural trainees....once other things are involved....yes this no longer applies.

Interesting to see how some of the all time great naturals fit right in to it. Even todays top natural competitors like Layne Norton. It has never been said that an individual cant exceed a certain value on the table....but it is highly unlikely that this will be done across the board. Not even the best pre-steroid era bodybuilders did this, including guys like Steve Reeves.

There was a great article Lyle Macdonald wrote about this calculator and a few others. He put out a challenge to anyone that could find a single person that could exceed the values put forward...even todays top natural competitors.....not one has come up yet! People all the time say they know a guy..... but it has not happened. Pretty cool if you ask me....but a lot of guys think it's bunk. I do not at all.... I think it a great sampling of what guys with the best genetics and training can and have achieved naturally.

I'll have to try to dig up that article....very interesting.

This is a good read too!
http://www.weightrainer.net/potential.html

induced_drag
02-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Here is the article I was talking about.....(I think ;) )...it talks about various calculators and I thought it was pretty interesting.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/whats-my-genetic-muscular-potential.html

billb7581
02-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Whats' the deal with wrist size? Mine are a little over 7.5... am I screwed?

I put my stats into that calculator do I have potential?

The WeighTrainer
Maximum Muscular Bodyweight and Measurements Calculator

Height: 76 in Wrist: 7.5 in
Ankle: 9 in

Your estimated maximum muscular bodyweight at ~20% bodyfat is: 268.1 lbs

Your estimated maximum bulked bodyweight at ~20% bodyfat is: 278.8 lbs

Your estimated maximum muscular measurements (@ ~8%-10% bodyfat) are:

Chest: 50.2 in Biceps: 18.4 in
Forearms: 14.7 in Neck: 18 in
Thighs: 26.2 in Calves: 17.6 in

LOL I just checked, I am already at or near most of those measurements, except for my damn arms and the bodyfat of course 15.75" Bicep

induced_drag
02-06-2012, 09:09 PM
LOL I just checked, I am already at or near most of those measurements, except for my damn arms and the bodyfat of course 15.75" Bicep

Dude the measurements are based at a 10% and lower bodyfat range. You would be surprised how much you shrink as the fat comes off. Even 15% fat is ALOT.... and your measurements will come down drastically as the fat comes off. Using myself as an example.....when I was fatter (15% range), my thigh skinfold was 11mm. Now leaner, it is only 5mm. You lose a lot of size in the process. Post up a pic.

Bicep1976
02-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Nice job! Keep up the good work!

billb7581
02-07-2012, 04:36 AM
Dude the measurements are based at a 10% and lower bodyfat range. You would be surprised how much you shrink as the fat comes off. Even 15% fat is ALOT.... and your measurements will come down drastically as the fat comes off. Using myself as an example.....when I was fatter (15% range), my thigh skinfold was 11mm. Now leaner, it is only 5mm. You lose a lot of size in the process. Post up a pic.

I'm only shooting for sub 20 percent I've had it measured with one of the handheld thngs and with calipers and both came out to 27 percent, so I figure I am shooting for about 250lbs at 20%. I don't have the discipline at the table to be a bodybuilder. Most of my fat is in my midsection though... here is the only pic I have handy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/njbill/294065_2150869263007_1584637998_2095780_166117_n.j pg

induced_drag
02-07-2012, 08:11 AM
I'm only shooting for sub 20 percent I've had it measured with one of the handheld thngs and with calipers and both came out to 27 percent, so I figure I am shooting for about 250lbs at 20%. I don't have the discipline at the table to be a bodybuilder. Most of my fat is in my midsection though... here is the only pic I have handy

30% is up there. Dont sell yourself short. 20% is still very high. Shoot for 12-15% range. This is easily attainable. I think you would be surprised how easy it is to get there, you just have to eat a little more consciously.

This is what guys look like when they are at the peak of the numbers on the calculator. I dont think any of us would dismiss these guys physiques.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4119931&d=1328627220

billb7581
02-07-2012, 08:18 AM
I'm not dismissing anyone. I am just trying to be realistic.. if I get to 20% maybe my idea of what is possible (for me) will change. 18.4 arms seem insane for me when my fatcep is less than 16 LOL. I have bad arm genetics for big arms, but good for basketball, as they are 2 inches too long for my body LOL.

themyth2009
02-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Congrats man guns look huge. Never measured mine pumped. Cold and flexed sadly I am about 16.5. I am about 200lbs at night right now and still my arms dont grow much. Everything else grows easy. :(

DubfromGA
02-07-2012, 11:01 AM
ID....that is an awesome accomplishment !!!

You're achievements continue to amaze and inspire. Keep on kicking arse!

induced_drag
02-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Congrats man guns look huge. Never measured mine pumped. Cold and flexed sadly I am about 16.5. I am about 200lbs at night right now and still my arms dont grow much. Everything else grows easy. :(

Thanks. I would not be complaining at all. Your physique is a very aesthetic one. (no homo) I dont think there is a lot of difference once you approach 17....(which I am sure you are pumped). On shorter guys like us, still very impressive looking....especially lean.

I actually backed off arm a little in the past 6 months and I think it helped some.

ID....that is an awesome accomplishment !!!

You're achievements continue to amaze and inspire. Keep on kicking arse!

Thanks man!

IronCharles
02-07-2012, 02:56 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4119931&d=1328627220Notice how thin Steve Reeves' wrists are in that picture! Most of the guys people consider to have "aesthetic" physiques are very fine boned. The contrast between thin bones and full muscle bellies adds to the perception of size.

NJ77
02-07-2012, 03:05 PM
I wish I had thinner wrists. Also, I wish my forearms were a little smaller - I think that would help with the contrast and make my upper arms look bigger. I am at 17.25 flexed and unpumped (cold) but it's all relative when it comes to the overall appearance.

themyth2009
02-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Thanks. I would not be complaining at all. Your physique is a very aesthetic one. (no homo) I dont think there is a lot of difference once you approach 17....(which I am sure you are pumped). On shorter guys like us, still very impressive looking....especially lean.

I actually backed off arm a little in the past 6 months and I think it helped some.

Thanks man!

I think I might be able to get close to 17 pumped but not quite lolz. My buddy has almost 18 were same height. It is really noticable standing next to him. :(

I am still pretty lean at 200. Most of size is in my legs and chest though. Arms pretty much went no where. I have small wrist to I think about 7 inches which helps.

Notice how thin Steve Reeves' wrists are in that picture! Most of the guys people consider to have "aesthetic" physiques are very fine boned. The contrast between thin bones and full muscle bellies adds to the perception of size.

Yep small bones and large muscle bellies FTW.

StressMonkey
02-07-2012, 08:30 PM
My buddy has almost 18 were same height. It is really noticable standing next to him. :(

I didn't know that I made you feel bad big bro. :(

;)

MiamiSpartan
02-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Congrats!!

clive
02-08-2012, 02:03 AM
I wish I had thinner wrists. Also, I wish my forearms were a little smaller - I think that would help with the contrast and make my upper arms look bigger. I am at 17.25 flexed and unpumped (cold) but it's all relative when it comes to the overall appearance.

Also neck size, mine is only 14½ inches, this makes quite a contrast to my 17 inch arms.
My neck just doesn’t grow!

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/427416_3243663809706_1210192075_33592503_406261259 _n.jpg

flat6nut
02-08-2012, 05:41 AM
In....after Clive double bi!

tsoden
02-08-2012, 06:18 AM
well i mean... 18 is OUTSTANDING!... but why strive for 18 natural when you could go all 24 inches like this guy? Heck he is also selling his plan to get them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tNCj_TFu2k

themyth2009
02-08-2012, 07:49 AM
I didn't know that I made you feel bad big bro. :(

;)

I said 18 not 14 :)

billb7581
02-08-2012, 08:21 AM
Well I figure I have my skin stretched out to the right size, no I just have to fill it with the good stuff.

clive
02-08-2012, 09:10 AM
well i mean... 18 is OUTSTANDING!... but why strive for 18 natural when you could go all 24 inches like this guy? Heck he is also selling his plan to get them!

That was funny! A father and son with fat flabby arms!

Frnkd
02-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Congratulations...just past 15 so I know how you feel......I like to go a 1/4 at a time.....when I hit 16...there will be a big party.

induced_drag
02-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Also neck size, mine is only 14½ inches, this makes quite a contrast to my 17 inch arms.
My neck just doesn’t grow!

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/427416_3243663809706_1210192075_33592503_406261259 _n.jpg

Clive....impressive shot.

One thing I have always struggled with is my front delts are very developed and almost overpower my biceps. Even though my arms measure big, they just dont have the same appearance with my front delts. Your arms look WAY bigger then mine....as you said...it is all about the framework.

Here is a good few pics of my front delts.

I think you can see it better in the rear shot. My delts actually stick up over my biceps. To me....my arms look lacking compared to the rest?...
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/induced_drag/12-4-1-1.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/induced_drag/sdtfert.jpg

clive
02-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Your delts look pretty impressive to me, I’d be very happy for mine to look as good as that
I’ve been working very hard on mine to match my arms.....slow progress!

Frnkd
02-08-2012, 01:16 PM

So ID is really Jack? Almost didnt recognize you without your hat.

Jack does keep in shape.....got to look good for those commercials. LOL

sakoy
02-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Congratulations !!!

IronCharles
02-08-2012, 02:45 PM
So ID is really Jack? He gives new meaning to the term "Jacked"! :D

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7169/6843230787_875507a12c_b.jpg

CaptnC
02-08-2012, 03:04 PM
First Congrat! I wish I could sleep 6 hour...5 hours is about as much as I can stand....you said you are sleeping 14? Maybe that has help?

I can tell you these guys have used the Big Mac nutrition plan! This is there slogan "10 Big Mac and you too can look good!"

induced_drag
02-08-2012, 03:20 PM
He gives new meaning to the term "Jacked"! :D

Very nice IC! :)

I really do have a head hiding behind the bubble. Wearing a little scruff right now ;)

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/induced_drag/2012-02-08_16-39-07_457.jpg

themyth2009
02-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Clive....impressive shot.

One thing I have always struggled with is my front delts are very developed and almost overpower my biceps. Even though my arms measure big, they just dont have the same appearance with my front delts. Your arms look WAY bigger then mine....as you said...it is all about the framework.

Here is a good few pics of my front delts.

I think you can see it better in the rear shot. My delts actually stick up over my biceps. To me....my arms look lacking compared to the rest?...
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/induced_drag/12-4-1-1.jpg

I think arms look good an in proportion.

This is what is looks like when your delts overpower your arms.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j400/aneasbb/public%20%20pics/backshot.jpg

induced_drag
02-08-2012, 04:24 PM
I think arms look good an in proportion.

This is what is looks like when your delts overpower your arms.

Does not look bad to me! Especially jelly of the narrow waist! Any tricks to shrink my pelvis? ;)

It looks like your brachialis if highly developed if I had a comment. From that pic, it fights with your brachii making your peak look smaller. Looking at your pic again on your right arm...it is f'n huge...in a good way. Tough to get development like that.....a lot easier to get the peak. Very solid and thick looking!

Frnkd
02-08-2012, 04:28 PM
he gives new meaning to the term "jacked"! :d

rofl

themyth2009
02-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Does not look bad to me! Especially jelly of the narrow waist! Any tricks to shrink my pelvis? ;)

It looks like your brachialis if highly developed if I had a comment. From that pic, it fights with your brachii making your peak look smaller. Looking at your pic again on your right arm...it is f'n huge...in a good way. Tough to get development like that.....a lot easier to get the peak. Very solid and thick looking!

I was pretty low BF in that pic. Right now I feel like a tub.

I work my brachialis in all my bicep workouts. Seems like if you have small arms its a way to get a little extra size. My biceps have no peak, no length, nada. Not for lack of effort. Oh well....

I am focused on getting my lifts up for now. I want to bench 350, dead 525-550 and squat maybe 450. Goal of 210 bodyweight. I struggle even holding 200lbs.

induced_drag
02-08-2012, 05:09 PM
I was pretty low BF in that pic. Right now I feel like a tub.

I work my brachialis in all my bicep workouts. Seems like if you have small arms its a way to get a little extra size. My biceps have no peak, no length, nada. Not for lack of effort. Oh well....

I am focused on getting my lifts up for now. I want to bench 350, dead 525-550 and squat maybe 450. Goal of 210 bodyweight. I struggle even holding 200lbs.

We all have our weak spots for sure! All in all, as I have said a bunch of times, you really inspired me to get my sh!t together and get back in shape. Thank you again.

As for those goals...I think they are awesome! Mine are very similar...actually almost identical. I dont think I will ever hit 210 though....but would love to be a solid 200 for sure!

Here is to 2012!...the year of the little big guys ;)

Snobum
02-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Great Job...now I feel like a wuss! LOL! J/K Congrats!

tsoden
02-08-2012, 05:39 PM
We all have our weak spots for sure! All in all, as I have said a bunch of times, you really inspired me to get my sh!t together and get back in shape. Thank you again.

As for those goals...I think they are awesome! Mine are very similar...actually almost identical. I dont think I will ever hit 210 though....but would love to be a solid 200 for sure!

Here is to 2012!...the year of the little big guys ;)I just want you BOTH to know, ID AND TM2009, that I am seriously jelly of both your physiques... Great work guys.

MontyMagpie
02-28-2012, 06:47 PM

Congrats.

Midgg
02-29-2012, 06:16 AM
Looking solid, good job man!

jdtemple
02-29-2012, 07:14 AM
I measured mine and got 16". feelsbadman.org :D

induced_drag
02-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Thanks guys.... I'll have to thank Monty for the bump ;). Actually a little known secret is I willed it to happen in my brain ;)

billb7581
02-29-2012, 10:07 AM
I measured mine and got 16". feelsbadman.org :D

16.25" here........ feelsbadman.jpg.......................douevenlift. org

MontyMagpie
02-29-2012, 01:42 PM
Thanks guys.... I'll have to thank Monty for the bump ;). Actually a little known secret is I willed it to happen in my brain ;)

No problem, I went through the threads I missed and look through them, yours caught my eye. Great achievement BTW. Setting a target for 19" and 20"? use brain power to get to 19" next, will them on.

There is science behind it.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-85621/The-art-mental-gymnastics.html

induced_drag
02-29-2012, 01:45 PM
No problem, I went through the threads I missed and look through them, yours caught my eye. Great achievement BTW. Setting a target for 19" and 20"?

Dont think I will ever see much more then what I have now.....but it wont stop me from trying to improve. Overall, I have a lot of years of lack of training to make up for, and even if I dont get much bigger, there is a lot of density to be gained that does not show up on a tape measure.

tinktinktink
02-29-2012, 01:54 PM
OP congrats on getting to 18 inches :D just wondering though, that tape measure you're using, whats it called? wouldnt mind one of those for easy measuring

re the mind thing, as some of you know im montys partner, i got sick of him pulling the mind thing all the time, whenever i had a bad session it would always be like 'the mind, the mind' and i would be like aarrgggghhh shut the hell up!!

but on monday i hit a new 1RM in the bench press (50kg) before doing it i went and sat, closed my eyes and imagined myself doing it and i imagined it would be easy and as it turned out, i did do it and it was easy, i wanted to do 48kg (cause i had failed it twice in the past) but monty persuaded me to try 50kg

so maybe there is something in it, so sorry monty for telling you to STFU all the time :D

DocHoss
02-29-2012, 04:36 PM

Kinda like "Stranger in a Strange Land"?

16.25" here........ feelsbadman.jpg.......................douevenlift. org

Hah! If ever even make it to that I'll be ecstatic.

jdtemple
02-29-2012, 06:36 PM
16.25" here........ feelsbadman.jpg.......................douevenlift. orgMisery loves company. Reps!

jdtemple
02-29-2012, 06:38 PM
OP congrats on getting to 18 inches :D just wondering though, that tape measure you're using, whats it called? wouldnt mind one of those for easy measuring

re the mind thing, as some of you know im montys partner, i got sick of him pulling the mind thing all the time, whenever i had a bad session it would always be like 'the mind, the mind' and i would be like aarrgggghhh shut the hell up!!

but on monday i hit a new 1RM in the bench press (50kg) before doing it i went and sat, closed my eyes and imagined myself doing it and i imagined it would be easy and as it turned out, i did do it and it was easy, i wanted to do 48kg (cause i had failed it twice in the past) but monty persuaded me to try 50kg

so maybe there is something in it, so sorry monty for telling you to STFU all the time :DMyo Tape

induced_drag
02-29-2012, 06:46 PM
Misery loves company. Reps!

No worries guys....Give it some time and it will come.

I am often on here talking about progress and putting up pics, but I really should preface it. My gains for only being back in the gym a year are crazy fast. In fact, I have been accused of using "supplements" by more then a few. But this is where the 7+ years of training in my 20's has come back to benefit me. Muscle memory is by all means a real thing. I feel so grateful that I spent all those years in my 20's in the gym as it has made coming back so easy. So to be fair to you all, that really should be taken into consideration.

It is not until just recently that I think I have exceeded my former best self and gains from here on out will be much slower and hard fought. That is one reason I was so excited about hitting 18" as I was never this big even in my 20's and that is a huge thing to now know I am surpassing my former 24 year old self. I never thought that would happen. That is also why I am so excited about nutrition as I now know how to do it in a much more straight-forward manner.

I have a ton of respect for you guys who come to the gym for the first time later in life. I think it takes even more courage to decide to make that change. And dont sell yourselves short on what you can achieve. Look at 2ndChance or Flat6Nut, or IronWill or IronCharles.....the list goes on. Some INCREDIBLE transformations all started later in life.

billb7581
03-01-2012, 06:23 AM
Hah! If ever even make it to that I'll be ecstatic.

You have a visible bicep at least... mine is just a continuation of my shoulder LOL.

tsoden
03-01-2012, 07:41 AM
Myo Tape

also called orbitape and is sold here on bb.com. I am not sure I really like it though... as I find it pulls too tight on the bicep... I suppose that is fine, but if there is ANY fat there, well you don't get the true arm size. I dunno.

vladoversic
03-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Big arms man! Congrats! :)

DocHoss
03-01-2012, 12:08 PM
No worries guys....Give it some time and it will come.

I am often on here talking about progress and putting up pics, but I really should preface it. My gains for only being back in the gym a year are crazy fast. In fact, I have been accused of using "supplements" by more then a few. But this is where the 7+ years of training in my 20's has come back to benefit me. Muscle memory is by all means a real thing. I feel so grateful that I spent all those years in my 20's in the gym as it has made coming back so easy. So to be fair to you all, that really should be taken into consideration.

It is not until just recently that I think I have exceeded my former best self and gains from here on out will be much slower and hard fought. That is one reason I was so excited about hitting 18" as I was never this big even in my 20's and that is a huge thing to now know I am surpassing my former 24 year old self. I never thought that would happen. That is also why I am so excited about nutrition as I now know how to do it in a much more straight-forward manner.

I have a ton of respect for you guys who come to the gym for the first time later in life. I think it takes even more courage to decide to make that change. And dont sell yourselves short on what you can achieve. Look at 2ndChance or Flat6Nut, or IronWill or IronCharles.....the list goes on. Some INCREDIBLE transformations all started later in life.

Muscle memory is a great thing indeed - imagine if you had to work as much the second time around! I am pleased as punch (and will someone tell me why punch is pleased?) by your achievement. I really regret not starting to lift when I was back in college, but very happy that I did finally make myself do it. I hope someday to be the (really big) old curmudgeon of this board....

You have a visible bicep at least... mine is just a continuation of my shoulder LOL.
Thanks - my short biceps and fine bone structure gave me a visible biceps ball (but believe me, it's a smaller in real life than in the picture); it's one thing I think I may have gotten lucky with.

billb7581
03-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Not sure I've really been blessed with anything advantageous as far as bbing is concerned, appetite maybe LOL.

Do_Somethin
03-01-2012, 05:58 PM
http://brandmediaweek.typepad.com/.a/6a00d834519bc269e20120a4e4633c970b-600wi

Ah! I see you meant curls and not youvegotwaytoomuchfukkinoilonbro! ;)

Congrats! :)

IronCharles
03-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Dont think I will ever see much more then what I have now.....but it wont stop me from trying to improve.

OP congrats on getting to 18 inches :D Just think, ID, only another inch or two, and your arms will be as big as tinktink's calves! :cool:

MontyMagpie
03-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Just think, ID, only another inch or two, and your arms will be as big as tinktink's calves! :cool:

Ideally is to have calves and biceps the same size.

MuscleHQ
03-02-2012, 11:30 PM
Great work!

motorcyclegiant
03-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Congrats on the pythons bro!

I have a membership on a another forum, and Ive been "hanging out" there. I popped back here today, and I have to say that I have gotten more motivation in a few hours from here, than a month of hearing the "other guys" cut people down, bully newbs, and talk about their 5000 calorie "clean" diets.

Congrats again, very inspiring!

induced_drag
03-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Congrats on the pythons bro!

I have a membership on a another forum, and Ive been "hanging out" there. I popped back here today, and I have to say that I have gotten more motivation in a few hours from here, than a month of hearing the "other guys" cut people down, bully newbs, and talk about their 5000 calorie "clean" diets.

Congrats again, very inspiring!

Thanks man. This place, specifically the >35 has some really great people. They have provided me with untold motivation, and are always there to lend a hand on nutrition and training questions.

I dont think I would have gotten nearly as far as I have in such a short time without some of their guidance...and especially the motivation and inspiration they provide.

Hang out more often. There are a few guys that keep real good journals. This is where a lot of good training talk goes on. My journal is not kept up as much, but I do layout all my nutrition ideas and experiments and how I respond to them.

This is a good place....we can always use more good people!

00RYAN00
03-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Great work mate.

induced_drag
03-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Great work mate.

---

pvsampson
03-06-2012, 04:43 PM
---

Hahahahaha!!

induced_drag
03-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Hahahahaha!!

Glad someone got it! :)

induced_drag
05-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Just a shameless self-promoting bump ;)

Over the last few months I have been steadily adding weight. I had a great workout today and decided to see what my arm measured. I was pleasantly surprised. Over these last 3 months I have bumped them up another 3/8".

Today measured a solid 18 3/8". Didnt see that coming for sure. I have actually backed off my arm training a little.

When I am this pumped, my arms look like crap and lose a lot of definition....but the point is they are bigger.

Skinfolds are the same....so it is not the 'fatcep' effect ;)

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/induced_drag/2012-05-04_17-12-28_849.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/induced_drag/2012-05-04_17-15-09_725.jpg

On an even cooler note....while I had the tape out, I measured my legs real quick. I now know where most of the 15lbs I have put on has gone. The new leg press added to the home gym has allowed me to really focus on my legs.... it shows in the tape too! My quads are up a solid inch!....Measured cold at 25". And drum roll.......Calves are up 1/2"!!! 15 1/4 cold. Still small...but soooo nice to see progress!

BikerLifter
05-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Almost 1/2" growth after 3 months with already 18"? Either you are seriously dialed in or injecting synthol.

polishedball
05-04-2012, 04:07 PM
there must be a pencil under the back side of the tape. ;)

great work!

soulfly911
05-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Almost 1/2" growth after 3 months with already 18"? Either you are seriously dialed in or injecting synthol.

Fecking azzclown.

thebigguy1
05-04-2012, 05:48 PM

Over the last few months I have been steadily adding weight. I had a great workout today and decided to see what my arm measured. I was pleasantly surprised. Over these last 3 months I have bumped them up another 3/8".

Today measured a solid 18 3/8". Didnt see that coming for sure. I have actually backed off my arm training a little.

When I am this pumped, my arms look like crap and lose a lot of definition....but the point is they are bigger.

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/induced_drag/2012-05-04_17-12-28_849.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu187/induced_drag/2012-05-04_17-15-09_725.jpg

On an even cooler note....while I had the tape out, I measured my legs real quick. I now know where most of the 15lbs I have put on has gone. The new leg press added to the home gym has allowed me to really focus on my legs.... it shows in the tape too! My quads are up a solid inch!....Measured cold at 25". And drum roll.......Calves are up 1/2"!!! 15 1/4 cold. Still small...but soooo nice to see progress!

To paraphrase the Energizer Bunny "they just keep growing and growing....!". Congrats!! You have every right for the self promotion... you're proud of the accomplishment and it is a reflection of the hard work you put into your workouts..and rightfully so. Excellent!

Keep pumping and growing!

Ron llll----llll

BikerLifter
05-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Fecking azzclown.Not the sharpest tool now are we? :rolleyes:

2nd_chance
05-05-2012, 07:55 AM

That is plain sick. Great job on the arms and the wheels/calves. On that pic, I have stretch marks that look almost exactly like yours from when I was 16.

induced_drag
05-05-2012, 08:30 AM

I am guessing you are just joking so I will say 'thanks'!. Yea...feel as dialed in as ever and making the best gains of my life.

there must be a pencil under the back side of the tape. ;)

great work!

Damn! I wish I had thought of that! I could have had 19's! ;)

Fecking azzclown.

No worries...think he was just kidding....if not, not even worth getting bent out of shape.

To paraphrase the Energizer Bunny "they just keep growing and growing....!". Congrats!! You have every right for the self promotion... you're proud of the accomplishment and it is a reflection of the hard work you put into your workouts..and rightfully so. Excellent!

Keep pumping and growing!

Ron llll----llll

Thanks Ron...Means a lot coming from you. Your physique is unreal and I am sure it took a ton of hard work and years to get it that way.
I appreciate the kind words!

That is plain sick. Great job on the arms and the wheels/calves. On that pic, I have stretch marks that look almost exactly like yours from when I was 16.

Yea...was not really expecting that for sure! And I am actually happier about the calves.
As for the stretch marks...they came in when I was 18-19 and first started to put size on. Wish I did not have them, but I just think I am prone to getting them. My wifes skins is obviously more resilient then mine....she carried our two kids and not a single stretch mark. I started taking lessons from her and have been using cocoa butter to try to keep them from getting any bigger.

Corbi
05-07-2012, 03:52 PM

Synthol would have ID's arms looking like $hit and he would be claiming more than a measly 3/8". Sometimes the planets align with your diet and workout and big gains come from almost nowhere. I will shamelessly self promote myself now and state that I have been stuck just above 17 3/8" for awhile now. Haven't bothered measuring but have been busting my ass in the gym 6 days a week and I never work my biceps directly, meaning I don't go in the gym and pound out curl after curl as i find those boring as hell. I do a $hit ton of tricep work though and I believe that has really helped my grow, today I hit 17 3/4' and I was shocked as hell to read the tape.

So that's almost a solid 3/8" increase in a few months for me as well, am I using synthol too?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4432881&d=1336427520

tobymax123
05-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Wow, that's some great progress, both ID and Corbi. Good job.

induced_drag
05-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Synthol would have ID's arms looking like $hit and he would be claiming more than a measly 3/8". Sometimes the planets align with your diet and workout and big gains come from almost nowhere. I will shamelessly self promote myself now and state that I have been stuck just above 17 3/8" for awhile now. Haven't bothered measuring but have been busting my ass in the gym 6 days a week and I never work my biceps directly, meaning I don't go in the gym and pound out curl after curl as i find those boring as hell. I do a $hit ton of tricep work though and I believe that has really helped my grow, today I hit 17 3/4' and I was shocked as hell to read the tape.

So that's almost a solid 3/8" increase in a few months for me as well, am I using synthol too?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4432881&d=1336427520

Hell yea! Now that is what I am talking about.

Me and you got a package deal on that there synthol! j/k Awesome work! I also do very little direct training. I am a big believer in heavy compounds and then just a few 'finishing' sets of direct work. (2 sets of skull crushers and maybe 2 sets preacher for example)

Wow, that's some great progress, both ID and Corbi. Good job.

Thanks man..... Hey....the 3/8" on the arm is cool.....but I am super happy on the 1" on the quads!

MCrow
05-07-2012, 04:38 PM
ITT
<-------------Motivated to turn fatceps into guns.

Good work OP.

billb7581
05-08-2012, 06:33 AM

OP is really dialed in. If you looked up "dialed in" in the dictionary there is a picture of ID.

Corbi
05-08-2012, 03:45 PM
ITT
<-------------Motivated to turn fatceps into guns.

Good work OP.

Outta reps for now, will catch you later for speaking the truth about fatceps:D

BikerLifter
05-08-2012, 04:15 PM

I guess I'm not good at the humor here, I will just stick to the journals. Nice work yourself there Corbi, you are either really focused, or consuming extra protein shakes.

rond93
05-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Nice.

soulfly911
05-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Not the sharpest tool now are we? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the neg and reporting me. If I was worried about rep points I would not have deactivated my old account.

Oh and thanks for the props my friend...I "am" a freak!!

induced_drag
05-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the neg and reporting me. If I was worried about rep points I would not have deactivated my old account.

Oh and thanks for the props my friend...I "am" a freak!!

Thats OK...you got reps on sight from me!

Man....you are looking freaky! (In a good way)

I just started a cut myself. Saw the scale top out at 209 one day....(205 mornings). I am back down to 2400 cal now and will cut up a little for summer.

Corbi
05-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Thats OK...you got reps on sight from me!

Man....you are looking freaky! (In a good way)

I just started a cut myself. Saw the scale top out at 209 one day....(205 mornings). I am back down to 2400 cal now and will cut up a little for summer.

A cut, yuck. On a perma bulk myself:D

induced_drag
05-09-2012, 06:26 PM
A cut, yuck. On a perma bulk myself:D

Yes,...I enjoy eating more then anyone...but I am ready to shed a little.

My wife is getting annoyed with my pursuit of size. She calls me "boulder" now. I think it is a great compliment.....she says....not so much ;)