PDA

View Full Version : Trainer kicked my butt today lol

JohnDavis111
02-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Wow is all I can say. That trainer kicked my A$$. He had me doing "circuit training" He has trained most of the cops and firemen in our city with it. I really felt like it was the hardest workout ever. I was really impressed with his knowledge and attitude. He kinda talked a little Sh!t when I needed it. we had a meeting before about my goals so he kinda new what to say to motivate me at the end when I was hurting. Only complaint is he would say "do 12 of these" or whatever but then when i was counting and I was almost done he would say "ok only 5 more" and I wanted to scream NOOOO I have been counting its only 2 more lol. To be honest I ended up getting sick after the second circuit and I was embarassed but I came back and finished and when I apologized he was like don't say sorry most people get sick and dont make it back to the third. So that made me feel better. So I can say honestly that for a while I have been working out on my own and thought I was doing pretty intense but No way. I did so much more and better form etc. with the trainer.

ruining
02-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Congrats on the killer workout, man. I'd love to be able to afford a trainer that would keep me motivated throughout a workout. I have a huge amount of commitment, but have never really worked out before. I don't want to injure myself by overdoing it and have to stop for a while.

Sounds like you had a great time. Are you going to be working with him again, or was it a one time kinda thing?

tsoden
02-03-2012, 04:11 AM
Congrats man....as said, I too wish I had rather finances to afford a personal trainer.

kd7nfr
02-03-2012, 04:40 AM
I've lifted both with and without partners, and nothing beats a good partner. I've lifted solo the past 5 months and it's been hard, but I knew that I needed to find someone that was as dedicated as myself or I'd fail in the end. I know the feeling bro, and it's ****ing intense as hell when you realize how hard you could have been pushing yourself the whole time. But I dunno if the DOMs is worth it sometimes... :P My new workout partner seems legit, so thumbs up lets do this!

hazto
02-03-2012, 06:12 AM
Great job on getting a trainer to show you what intensity is. I feel most in my gym think they know but have never really pushed themselves early in the morning.

crupiea
02-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Good for you.

chodan9
02-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Only complaint is he would say "do 12 of these" or whatever but then when i was counting and I was almost done he would say "ok only 5 more" and I wanted to scream NOOOO I have been counting its only 2 more lol..
LOL
he did the right thing if you still had 5 more in you!

67fastback
02-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Good for you.

I hear you om the intensity, though.

My example is; When I do supersets with wide grip pullups, on my own, I usually do reps of 5 and then change exercises.
My trainer makes me do sets of 10 reps, yells at me, and there are other people in the gym, so I usally tough it out. He ends up spotting me once I get to the last sets.
He's helped me on my technique too. I've improved a lot, with training help.

Sadly I can't afford it this month, but I have a lot of education and "push" to work with now.

JohnDavis111
02-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Congrats on the killer workout, man. I'd love to be able to afford a trainer that would keep me motivated throughout a workout. I have a huge amount of commitment, but have never really worked out before. I don't want to injure myself by overdoing it and have to stop for a while.

Sounds like you had a great time. Are you going to be working with him again, or was it a one time kinda thing?

Ya I am working out with him regular now. We are going to do every couple days and he gives me instructions on what to do on the days he isn't with me. Im pretty excited about the chance im being given. I am real lucky because he doesn't want any money he just trains the public service people to help out.

rand18m
02-03-2012, 10:31 PM
Ya I am working out with him regular now. We are going to do every couple days and he gives me instructions on what to do on the days he isn't with me. Im pretty excited about the chance im being given. I am real lucky because he doesn't want any money he just trains the public service people to help out.

Now you're there, don't forget this feeling! Sounds as if it's going to work for you! Go for it!

JohnDavis111
02-04-2012, 09:37 AM
thanks!

ArchAngel'73
02-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Welcome to bodybuilding's version of sado-masochism.
I'm glad you had a good experience with your trainer, many are usless.

JohnDavis111
02-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Another great training day with the Trainer. Didn't get sick this time. Actually up the weight in almost all aspects. I really made sure I ate plenty of carbs and i got 9 hours of sleep the night before. made a big difference.