PDA

View Full Version : Just had Lumbar Puncture.. Its a tension headache :(

iAmMan
02-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Okay so my series of posting my weird symptoms where i lifted during exertion and held my breath completely and felt this dull aching pressure-like pain on my head. I had the CAT scan, and lumbar puncture, everything is fine.

So I did some more research and all my symptoms fall under Tension headache..

just wondering if there is any relief for this and how long does it last for?

crupiea
02-02-2012, 04:13 PM
So the lumbar puncture contributed to your head band syndrome?

Lumbar puncture, what the hell is that? just curious, not bashing you.

You got this from squatting?

Bofrere21
02-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Did you went see a chiro ? I had something similar, it was 2 cervical vertebrae that were twisted and tilted, the chiro just putted them back in place.

Eric

iAmMan
02-02-2012, 04:23 PM
So the lumbar puncture contributed to your head band syndrome?

Lumbar puncture, what the hell is that? just curious, not bashing you.

You got this from squatting?

Hello, I'll explain.

A Lumbar Puncture is when they extract cerebral spinal fluid from your lower back, its a vein that connects to your brain and doctors send a needle through your back to collect it. If its cloudy/has blood, theres some serious **** going on, otherwise if its really clear and the test comes out negative you don't have anything, including an aneurysm. They also do CAT scan for aneurysms and such, buts its like 90% accurate or something.

My symptoms were (Tight Pressure like feeling, light headed, sensitive to light, high bp)...

Everything was from my Stress, Anxiety, bad Dieting, bad form, dehydrated and held by breath during the standing military press exercise.

iAmMan
02-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Did you went see a chiro ? I had something similar, it was 2 cervical vertebrae that were twisted and tilted, the chiro just putted them back in place.

Eric

I might go see one tomorrow, havn't really checked my friend, thank you for the suggestion. BTW how can they tell..

Bofrere21
02-02-2012, 04:32 PM
I might go see one tomorrow, havn't really checked my friend, thank you for the suggestion. BTW how can they tell..

A good chiro will touch your spine and the muscle and see it right away! Me he saw it right away he made me even touch at pin point location to see for myself, and there was clearly a bump on one side, he just put back everything in place in like less then one minute. I felt like he removed a ton out of my head. Mobility was much better after (I didn't noticed I had lost some). It was a nerve that was pinch.

Eric

GuyJin
02-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Lumbar puncture= spinal tap.

Glad to hear all is well.

mslman71
02-02-2012, 07:55 PM
I guess take two aspirin and call me in the morning is a thing of the past. One hell of an expensive headache! Glad it all worked out though.