PDA

View Full Version : daily workouts

fcmedianet
02-02-2012, 09:05 AM
On monday I'll do mostly chest. Other muscles are also worked but the focus is on chest.

Wednesday I'll do Legs and lower back.

Friday I'll do arms and shoulders & upper back.

I'm fairly new to bodybuidling but something I don't understand is how people can workout everyday.

On Tuesday and Wednesday I'll still be sore from Monday. (I started training in Dec) So even if I wanted to do arms on Tuesday it would probably not be a good thing because the arm excersizes would also involve chest which is actually sore and not ready for anything heavy and intense? Maybe it's a stength thing on my part where I'm not strong enough?

I don't understand some of the reasoning of people working out everyday because to my understanding your muscles needs time to recover. Even if it is another muscle part, the sore muscles are still invovled in excersize which may be bad?. This is probably a really newby question but I can't seem to find some answers to this.

ironwill2008
02-02-2012, 09:17 AM
I don't know of any bodybuilders who train every day. For that type of training, that amount of frequency is generally not appropriate.

There are some Olympic lifters and some MMA fighters who train 7 days a week, but that's an entirely different subject.

ljimd
02-02-2012, 09:25 AM
I don't know of any bodybuilders who train every day. For that type of training, that amount of frequency is generally not appropriate.

There are some Olympic lifters and some MMA fighters who train 7 days a week, but that's an entirely different subject.

^^^^^^^^^^OP, IW's right. Sometimes you just have to wade through BS advice. There is plenty out there.