PDA

View Full Version : Tough Mudder

jwilly84us
02-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Ok, here is thee story. I am 42 and qualified for the Toughest Mudder competition held in December (TBD). I am running about 20 miles a week, lift 4 to 5 days a week and trying to work in nutrition (fish & chicken). My body type is short and stocky and yet I need to transform to lean and improve my cardio. I qualified by finishing a 12.5 mile 25 obsticle challenge in 2 hours and 40 minutes. I have tried to incorporate mountain training and will even try and include elevation training at 6,500 feet above sea level. Any suggestions for improving and leaning out?

Corbi
02-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Strongman training, lift logs, and atlas stones, flip a tire, and repeat the word "strongman" 723 times per day while working out.

oops, sorry I was channeling BTO for some strange reason.

grace_ou
02-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Ok, here is thee story. I am 42 and qualified for the Toughest Mudder competition held in December (TBD). I am running about 20 miles a week, lift 4 to 5 days a week and trying to work in nutrition (fish & chicken). My body type is short and stocky and yet I need to transform to lean and improve my cardio. I qualified by finishing a 12.5 mile 25 obsticle challenge in 2 hours and 40 minutes. I have tried to incorporate mountain training and will even try and include elevation training at 6,500 feet above sea level. Any suggestions for improving and leaning out?

http://toughmudder.com/training-prep/

What do you mean by qualified? Tough mudders will take anyone that pays.

NitrogenWidget
02-02-2012, 01:35 PM
http://toughmudder.com/training-prep/

What do you mean by qualified? Tough mudders will take anyone that pays.

I was wondering this also.
My buddy in NC wanted me to join his team.
I'm in NY though & that's an awful far drive to prove how uncoordinated I am.

Oceanside
02-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Strongman training, lift logs, and atlas stones, flip a tire, and repeat the word "strongman" 723 times per day while working out.

oops, sorry I was channeling BTO for some strange reason.

the above post was brought to you by the word "stongman" !