PDA

View Full Version : Uneven abdominal development?

IanLMT
02-02-2012, 08:18 AM
Anyone else go through a period of uneven abdominal development? I am very right side dominant and it seems that my left isnt developing as quickly as the right side, any suggestions as to what I could do to help even them out?

no pic yet but here is visual illustration, right middle abs are like bread roll shape. left are like breadroll after you smush with spatula ...

reps for help.

thank you!

IanLMT
02-02-2012, 08:33 AM
Add weight while working one side. Like a medicine ball or a 10-20lb plate. Or you might try leaning more away from the weaker side to hit them better. Remember, do as many lower ab sets if not more to develop upper and lower evenly.

thanks yeah i do mainly only weighted ab work now, mostly with cables for constant tension (referencing Abdominator for that advice). So should i add less weight on one side then and more on the other? to kind of catch up the left side before progressing further with right? kinda like if bis or tris are uneven?

i have also started doing lower abs a lot more heavily, i heard you should work the weakest part first? (meaning lower abs , for me, first when doing ab work) I ll try to concentrate more on that in my coming gym sessions! thanks .. repped