PDA

View Full Version : help!!

joshlewis33
02-02-2012, 02:57 AM
well here it is i have been training 4 about 5 months now! i am getting stronger that is the only change i see my body is not looking any different and it is frusterating!! some times i feel im not eating enough i eat right but maybe its not enough i say this because i still have my belly and when i look in the mirror i see next to know change!! i guess the question is this if you dont eat the right amount of cals can you keep on pudge??? i was told if your under eating your body will hold on to the fat is this true?? thanks

diet

4 1c servings of oats a day
3-4 cans of tuna the small ones
2- protien shakes ( morning and after work out)
and as far as a other meal its what ever the wife cooks for dinner thats a good meal of chicken or pork or steak a veg and type of potato

dazlittle
02-02-2012, 03:38 AM
The foolproof method to gaining and losing weight is tracking and logging everything you eat, Get yourself onto one of the many tracking sites (I use Livestrong, My Plate) work out what your maintenance is and go from there.

I can control my bodyweight with absolute ease now that I know my maintenance is 3300 calories a day.

This is a great resource to give you an idea how to calculate your BMR http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

Best of luck.

tsoden
02-02-2012, 04:25 AM
well here it is i have been training 4 about 5 months now! i am getting stronger that is the only change i see my body is not looking any different and it is frusterating!! some times i feel im not eating enough i eat right but maybe its not enough i say this because i still have my belly and when i look in the mirror i see next to know change!! i guess the question is this if you dont eat the right amount of cals can you keep on pudge??? i was told if your under eating your body will hold on to the fat is this true?? thanks

diet

and as far as a other meal its what ever the wife cooks for dinner thats a good meal of chicken or pork or steak a veg and type of potato

A couple pointers:

-Re-think your diet....follow the nutrition stickies for help there. Right off the bat I see that 4x1cup servings of oats is too much in a single day... meaning your carbs level is way too high.

-As Daz mentioned, journal your food intake, marking down EVERYTHING you eat. Also, locate and use a calorie estimator to figure out a baseline to work from (based on your goals) as to how many calories your should consume daily

-Body change does not happen over night. It took me well over 6 months before I started seeing changes. The changes are happening IF you are challenging yourself. They will show over time.

-to get rid of any pudge you need to go on a calorie deficit. This means either eat less than maintenance (based on what you discover with the calorie estimator) or add cardio to burn off more than what you consume in the day.

freebirdmac
02-02-2012, 05:18 AM
Has the scale changed? Have your measurements changed? If you are not eating enough you may be getting smaller but looking the same. If your workout routine and intensity is lacking you won't see much in the way of muscle gains.

mEDo
02-02-2012, 05:43 AM

diet

What is your actual weight, age, height, estimated bf%, what your day looks like, your workouts etc.

Try to keep food log (on-line or plain notebook) so you will know your macros. I think that you should vary your food sources little bit more, increase your protein intake, watch out of excess carbs, fats ... I think you have a long way to go regarding reading stuff ...

joshlewis33
02-03-2012, 02:52 AM
What is your actual weight, age, height, estimated bf%, what your day looks like, your workouts etc.

Try to keep food log (on-line or plain notebook) so you will know your macros. I think that you should vary your food sources little bit more, increase your protein intake, watch out of excess carbs, fats ... I think you have a long way to go regarding reading stuff ...

i am 38 yrs old 5' 6 body fat not sure on i would like to get that tested i work in a metal shop so im on my feet all day moving around alot i work out 4 days a week
monday = leg

tues back n bi
wens chest tri
thurs shoulders and i do 5 min on the tread mill everyday for warm up

joshlewis33
02-03-2012, 02:54 AM
i am 38 yrs old 5' 6 body fat not sure on i would like to get that tested i work in a metal shop so im on my feet all day moving around alot i work out 4 days a week
monday = leg

tues back n bi
wens chest tri
thurs shoulders and i do 5 min on the tread mill everyday for warm up

also do 2 warm up sets and 2 working sets on every workout as asvised by the trainer at the gym??