PDA

View Full Version : Genomyx DCP Question

schnitzer31
02-02-2012, 02:12 AM
Hi everyone,

starting next week on DCP and have a few questions.I'll be doing the recommended 2pills x 3 times a day. the first 2 dosages will be upon waking up (7.30am) and before lunch (1pm).not sure about the 3rd dose if i should take it pre-wo (5.30pm) or before dinner (8.30pm).

a list of other supplements that im taking are :

Orange Triad
NOW ultra omega 3
EGCG
ON Creatine (mixed in WF)
WF (on lifting days)
Caffeine tabs (on cardio days)
ZMA (before bed)

Considering the above whats the best dosage timing for DCP?I assume its fine to take with either WF or caffeine tabs.
Hopefully I wont be sweating too much at night taking DCP and ZMA.

Thanks in advance

jeenyusss
02-02-2012, 02:58 AM
here is what im doing- im stacking with genomyx heat...

upon waking: 2 dcp, 1 heat , caffiene

pre workout: 1 heat, preworkout (WF or bullnox)

30 min before lunch: 2 dcp

30 min before dinner: 1 dcp

pre bed: 1 dcp , 1 heat

liking it so far. I got that dosing schedule from another member but cant remember who.

brosephstalin1
02-02-2012, 03:40 AM
optimal dosage?

2 upon waking

2 4-6 hours later

2 4-6 hours later

1 pre-bed

itzDodge
02-02-2012, 04:08 AM
Some good answers in here. I personally like 2 upon waking, 2 before training, 2 before my last meal. The TTA in DCP is a PPARa agonist and keeps fatty acids burning around the clock. Normally when we eat our body will switch from those fatty acids to what you're eating as an energy source, but TTA keeps the body burning fatty acids.

_Smitty_
02-02-2012, 05:13 AM
here is what im doing- im stacking with genomyx heat...

upon waking: 2 dcp, 1 heat , caffiene

pre workout: 1 heat, preworkout (WF or bullnox)

30 min before lunch: 2 dcp

30 min before dinner: 1 dcp

pre bed: 1 dcp , 1 heat

liking it so far. I got that dosing schedule from another member but cant remember who.

that's a great dosing system, and keeping it economical while bringing in the pre-bed tablet.

just curious, do you experience any sleeplessness or trouble getting to sleep with the pre-bed HEAT?

optimal dosage?

2 upon waking

2 4-6 hours later

2 4-6 hours later

1 pre-bed

this is, for all intents and purposes, the best way, but necessarily the cheapest... if you have 2 bottles or plan to diet hard over a shorter amount of time, this is the way to go.

perfect, too, if you're using HEAT and LX as well.

schnitzer31
02-02-2012, 05:14 AM
thanks for the good replies ppl.not sure if i will be taking a 7th one pre-bed but it sure does make sense.i always tend to follow the manufacturer's directions and never go under or above.ideally would be 7.30am(pre-breakfast),12.30(pre-lunch) and 17.30(pre training) since thats evenly spaced out.but i do think it makes more sense to take the last dose before dinner around 20.30.so probably stick to that then.will the 7th one make that much of a difference?

_Smitty_
02-02-2012, 05:23 AM
thanks for the good replies ppl.not sure if i will be taking a 7th one pre-bed but it sure does make sense.i always tend to follow the manufacturer's directions and never go under or above.ideally would be 7.30am(pre-breakfast),12.30(pre-lunch) and 17.30(pre training) since thats evenly spaced out.but i do think it makes more sense to take the last dose before dinner around 20.30.so probably stick to that then.will the 7th one make that much of a difference?

it won't make that much of a difference so much as it'll reinforce your progress... if your diet is solid, you don't really need that 7th tablet.

what you have planned for yourself is absolutely fine; and an 8-hour span between doses is acceptable, too. especially if that last one comes later in the day and before a meal.

schnitzer31
02-02-2012, 05:29 AM
it won't make that much of a difference so much as it'll reinforce your progress... if your diet is solid, you don't really need that 7th tablet.

what you have planned for yourself is absolutely fine; and an 8-hour span between doses is acceptable, too. especially if that last one comes later in the day and before a meal.

Thanks Mike :D

_Smitty_
02-02-2012, 05:34 AM
Thanks Mike :D

you got it, man... enjoy!

as always, any questions/comments/concerns, please get in touch with any of us G-dudes, and we'll be happy to help.

schnitzer31
02-10-2012, 08:31 AM
just a quick question about my morning dose.I wake up around 7.30am and around 7.40am i have a protein shake(gasp. myo).i head off for work and around 8.15am i have a coffee and have breakfast around 9-9.15am.whens the optimal time to take the morning dose?or doesnt it really matter?

dsade
02-10-2012, 09:00 AM
just a quick question about my morning dose.I wake up around 7.30am and around 7.40am i have a protein shake(gasp. myo).i head off for work and around 8.15am i have a coffee and have breakfast around 9-9.15am.whens the optimal time to take the morning dose?or doesnt it really matter?In that situation I would probably take it around 8:30.

itzDodge
02-10-2012, 09:49 AM
just a quick question about my morning dose.I wake up around 7.30am and around 7.40am i have a protein shake(gasp. myo).i head off for work and around 8.15am i have a coffee and have breakfast around 9-9.15am.whens the optimal time to take the morning dose?or doesnt it really matter?

Yeah 8:30-8:45 should be good.

ubernoob
02-10-2012, 09:54 AM
A good question for you smitty is when will it be back in stock again?

GetRippedInc
02-10-2012, 10:00 AM
A good question for you smitty is when will it be back in stock again?
A birdie told me possibly next week ;)

itzDodge
02-10-2012, 10:06 AM

pepper your angus dewds

Mr.Cooper69
02-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Any idea what dose of RK should be avoided preworkout? It's a COX 1 and COX 2 inhibitor so I've always made it practice to distance DCP/RKs from workouts.

itzDodge
02-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Any idea what dose of RK should be avoided preworkout? It's a COX 1 and COX 2 inhibitor so I've always made it practice to distance DCP/RKs from workouts.

Reference?

I don't think it would be significant enough regardless, Smitty posted a study a while back regarding NSAIDS and training. There were only significant impacts if used chronically(i.e. not less than 30 days)

dsade
02-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Reference?

I don't think it would be significant enough regardless, Smitty posted a study a while back regarding NSAIDS and training. There were only significant impacts if used chronically(i.e. not less than 30 days)This. Lower dose NSAIDs (IIRC) can actually have the opposite effect acutely.

JayLS1-327
02-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Well, I know where my borwser will be pointed next week. After big butt asians of course....

_Smitty_
02-10-2012, 10:47 AM

what are you concerned about specifically? there's a lot involved here... cortisol suppression, protein synthesis, ArA conversion/inflammation...

dgosyne
02-10-2012, 12:08 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/tumblr_lai4k4a9wG1qe0eclo1_500.gif

I played with a couple options before
What I used to do when I ran DCP/HEAT was take the first two doses of HEAT/DCP upon waking then pre-lunch, then 1 HEAT Pre-wo, and the last DCP dose Pre-Dinner (my times were about the same as you for dosing, training).

Another method I tried and liked was on Cardio days, I'd do the waking dose of HEAT/DCP/LX, a Pre-lunch dose of DCP/LX, Pre-Cardio Heat, a Pre-Dinner DCP, and Pre-bed HEAT/LX

Mr.Cooper69
02-10-2012, 01:34 PM
what are you concerned about specifically? there's a lot involved here... cortisol suppression, protein synthesis, ArA conversion/inflammation...

Option 3. Protein synthesis effects will be nil (as Dodge mentioned, NSAIDs are our reference). I'm sure you've seen NO HYPE's thread on antioxidants. It's a debatable topic, which is why I asked if it is even a concern at a 100mg dose.

_Smitty_
02-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Option 3. Protein synthesis effects will be nil (as Dodge mentioned, NSAIDs are our reference). I'm sure you've seen NO HYPE's thread on antioxidants. It's a debatable topic, which is why I asked if it is even a concern at a 100mg dose.

it's not concerning at that dosage, and i'm in that "no AOx peri-workout" group. :D