PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for training with Personal trainer

JohnDavis111
02-01-2012, 08:48 PM
So I have my first training session with a personal trainer tomorrow. Anything I can do now to be better prepared and get the best out of my workout tomorrow? Foods? etc

I want to have a kick butt workout so any advice is appreciated. Ty

rand18m
02-01-2012, 08:54 PM
I assume you've done enough research on the trainer that you have confidence in his/her abilities? In other words you are not seeing someone who trains endurance runners if you want to gain LBM? If that is the case then the best advice I can give is to listen to the trainer, trust that this is a long journey so you won't be lifting like Jay Cutler on the first workout, and by all means learn as much as you can. Ask questions! Good luck!

JohnDavis111
02-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Thanks ya. I work for the probation dept in my home town and this guy is the trainer for the Police dept and fire dept. He is also a really ripped fireman that I have known for years. His wife and my wife work together Etc. It kinda adds a little stress to me because I dont want other officers hearing I didnt do good or something lol
Thanks

JerryB
02-02-2012, 12:55 AM
That's a question you should be asking your personal trainer.

MRW70
02-02-2012, 10:29 AM
... It kinda adds a little stress to me because I dont want other officers hearing I didnt do good or something lol
Thanks

if the guy is much of a professional he won't be discussing your training with other people.
good luck with your training abd hopefully you'll get some good results from it.

Marius_Ursus
02-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Make sure you really understand why he has you doing any exercises and the set/rep scheme, and more importantly, make sure HE knows why he wants you do them. Ask a LOT of probing questions about the way your muscles operate together and how different activities (stretching, warm ups, cool downs, exercise itself) are important and how they affect your progress.