PDA

View Full Version : experienced weight lifters, answer this to the best of your knowledge

jermiah123
02-01-2012, 05:30 PM
This Post is simply about making a workout routine. I know it seems easy to do but there are thousands and thousands of workouts out there. I know everyone is different and everyone has things that work for them. You should try and if you fail keep trying to find out what works for you I understand that to. I have been using a simple split routine forever and I just wanted some intake. Its the simple chest tri, back bi, and shoulder legs. I have been over hearing alot of people in the gym talk about three day - four day splits. Saying they will only work for so long. I thought if I switched excersizes and reps from time to time I could use this forever. I have been using this workout for so long I actually don't know where to start to look for a new one. Is that true about split routines?

Also if it is.. Where could I look for new routines. I always search on the stickies mabe I am searching wrong. I could use a good workout that I could switch to from time to time. something that tells you how many excersizes and how many reps to do. Mabe a new split. I always look in the magazines but why would I want to get anything from there when those guys take steriods and I am trying to be natural. I hear alot about riptoes I don't know what that is mabe a workout plan or something but if anyone could suggest me a new split with sets and reps and excersizes to follow I would appriciate it.

Thanks you won't belive the bullsh**t I have to listen to in the gym everyday from the old guys who think they know it all.

mslman71
02-01-2012, 05:34 PM
I have been using a simple split routine forever

Forever, you're 19, right?

Thanks you won't belive the bullsh**t I have to listen to in the gym everyday from the old guys who think they know it all.

Well, this is the over 35 forum...

As to your real question I'll let the ones who are familiar with the established routines provide input. Maybe less of a split based routine would give you the boost and focus you're looking for, that is, one body part per day per week.

flat6nut
02-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Maybe less of a split based routine would give you the boost and focus you're looking for, that is, one body part per day per week.

Working for me...but I am far from experienced. Probably lifted for a shorter period than you, since you have done it forever. ;)

jayluk4600
02-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Your 19 and posting in the wrong section. But I think your sincere in your post so I would recommend GST check in out on this site. Good Luck

hammerfelt
02-01-2012, 08:40 PM
What are your lifting stats?

What are your goals?

GnomusMaximus
02-02-2012, 05:19 AM
Squat something, press something over your head, pick something up off the floor. Everything else is extra.

billb7581
02-02-2012, 05:39 AM
I am experienced in doing it wrong over the years. All Pro's simple beginner routine fits me perfectly. I like having a plan and not thinking about reps and weights. You know your exercises,weights and reps going in, you just go to the gym and get them.

Many aborted (probably dozens) attempts at getting into shape later, I finally found something that works for me. I am still new to it, but 4 weeks in I am seeing better results than I ever have before.

I used to do 4 day splits and all that crap. Just starting out you need to do the big compound movements 3x a week imo.

ljimd
02-02-2012, 05:45 AM
Squat something, press something over your head, pick something up off the floor. Everything else is extra.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ It really is that simple.

-=FLEX=-
02-02-2012, 05:49 AM

Perfect. :D