PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about ROWS

-=FLEX=-
02-01-2012, 03:52 PM
I've generally always included bent-over barbell rows in my routine, but I've gotten away from them recently. Heavy squatting and heavy deadlifts and heavy BOR all on separate days just wasn't allowing my lower back enough recovering time.

So these days I seem to be rotating seated close grip cable rows (my favorite), the Hammer Strength plate loaded iso row machine, and wide grip T-Bar rows (which are only slightly kinder to my lower back than bb rows).

Someone seems to have absconded with the wide "D-Grip" bar at our gym or I'd do wide grip seated cable rows too.

I don't like doing wide grip rows with an angled lat bar. In fact I hate it.

So what's everyone else doing?

chodan9
02-01-2012, 04:08 PM
been doing BOR's for a long time, I also do close grip cable rows (seated) and some wide chest supported rows

baker
02-01-2012, 04:10 PM
I just switched to Pendlay rows after years doing regular bb rows or Yates style. The jury is still out but damn my lats get a lot more sore. I tend to get sore traps using conventional style.

jawafett
02-01-2012, 04:15 PM
BOR, close grip seated with v handle alternated with the d-grip handle. D-grip handle is my favorite. I also use dumbbell rows as my warm up on back day.

litljay
02-01-2012, 04:21 PM
I haven't done them lately, but the DB rows are really kind to the lower back if you use a bench.

Seated cable rows and the hammer strength iso row are good too. I'll also do seated one arm cable rows.

mslman71
02-01-2012, 04:23 PM
I do BOR right after deads, before my back has time to tighten up. But, I don't lift nearly as much as you... not yet ;)

bbsitum
02-01-2012, 04:36 PM
by Charles Poliquin
Very often in seminars or internships I get the following question asked in one form or the other:

I have not seen you mention barbells rows in your workouts. Agreed, most people do not perform them correctly, but what are your reasons to ignore this great exercise? Could you provide a quick primer to barbell rows just in case I get bored by chin-ups?
The reason that I don’t mention barbell rows is simply that I don’t believe they are a great upper back exercise, even when performed correctly. Why? Because there is is too much neural drive expended in firing the muscles involved in maintaining the postural aspect of the exercise. There is a great neuromuscular demand on firing the erector spinae, glutes and hamstrings at the same time- so much that the level of recruitment finally left over for the lats is too minimal to be worth it.

I would rather stick to variations of one arm dumbbell rows. To develop optimal structural balance, I strongly believe that for every set of chin-up done, one should a set of dumbbell rows (for both arms, of course). One arm dumbbell rows allow for even distribution of the load on both upper extremities, and great range of motion (particularly for the scapulae retractors). I can hear the functionalist cult already on their soap box: “What about function? This is a primary movement”. My answer to that is: if you already did a good job in the loading parameters for the squat and deadlift exercises, why overtrain the posterior chain?

Clearly I post upper two citations for discussion. I don't know are they right.

and

Let's have a look at the rows fist. If you compare it to a dumbbell row you will notice that they have more than one contact point. A normal dumbbell row uses the entire upper body as a contact point for support, the 1-arm dumbbell row stabilizes the body using the leg on the same side and the knee and hand on the other side of the active portion. Multiple contact points are important as they divide the stress over a larger plane and not just a small area like the lumbal vertebrae. Now in a bent-over barbell row we stand bent-over with the upper body as a lever hinging on those very vertebrae, while the other end of the lever is carrying an inhuman amount of weight

chodan9
02-01-2012, 04:40 PM
On bent over 1 arm dumbbell rows,
I don't know if I never gave em a fair shot or I have been doing them wrong.
but to me they never felt like they did sh!t for me.
I can go heavy or light, focus on strict form or just throw em up and nothing.
I haven't done them in a long time (kind of gave up on them)

DocTats
02-01-2012, 04:51 PM
I like bent over barbell rows way better than one arm DB (although DB rows both arms simultaneously is great). There's something about squeezing/pinching my shoulder blades together that seems to hit the deep upper back muscles much better that I don't feel with one arm DB rows. Doing it with DBs both arms at a time makes the shoulder blade pinch even more intense, although less weight can be used. The Yates style more upright style feels better on my back as long as I keep the bar very close to my body. My gym has this bar http://www.t-gripbarbell.com/index.htm which I like better than the overhand, underhand or the close parallel grip

pharmamarketer
02-01-2012, 05:02 PM
BOR are a probably one of my favorite. I like adding in drop sets with them as well once in a while. I usually will load on the appropriate # of 25s and strip em from there until I get to 95lbs. I usually do this on the last set because it fries me. Yates speaks highly of rows being a key to developing a solid back. Can't argue with teh back he produced

Kraken
02-01-2012, 05:19 PM
On bent over 1 arm dumbbell rows,
I don't know if I never gave em a fair shot or I have been doing them wrong.
but to me they never felt like they did sh!t for me.
I can go heavy or light, focus on strict form or just throw em up and nothing.
I haven't done them in a long time (kind of gave up on them)

Rarely do I see people doing them correctly. They either go too heavy and heave-ho, or their form is just really odd.

When I do mine, I make sure my back stays square to the floor, and I let my arm go about 90% of the way down, and when I bring it back up, make sure my back doesn't move, otherwise, I know I am starting to throw the weight. When I pull the weight up, I make sure my elbow completely breaks the plane of my back.

Its very difficult to explain to someone in writing. Its one of those things where you almost need to assess the form i person. From years of an old muscle strain acting up every now and then, I manage to keep a pretty consistent imbalance if I am not careful. 1 armed DB rows have a pretty big impact on regaining that balance, that I try and rotate them in and out every 12 weeks.

jdtemple
02-01-2012, 05:23 PM
I do them on back day:

Deadlift
Pullups
BB row
Pulldown
Seated close grip row
DB row

JRT6
02-01-2012, 05:51 PM
I mainly do inverted rows w/ homemade blast straps. I'll use the supported t-bar with the offset handle at the gym on occasion. I don't do straight BORs anymore.

Oceanside
02-01-2012, 05:56 PM
my lower backs too smoked to do bor's on back day..

paolo59
02-01-2012, 06:09 PM
I have been pounding away on Iso-Lateral machines lately, both high and low rows. They are extremely enjoyable! :)

jayluk4600
02-01-2012, 06:13 PM
I do..
Pull ups
Bent over BB rows
One arm DB rows
Med grip Pull downs

Bent over BB rows do tax my back some, I can see taking them out of the equation espec when your back gets to the point its strong and you have to use alot of weight to make them worthwhile but for now I am sticking to them.

Ed_Hitchens
02-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Barbell rows, followed by reverse-grip pulldowns (close-grip).
Chins/pull-ups on alternate day.

Never liked db rows and especially hate the t-bar machine as the pad pushes against my chest. I like to recruit the stabilizers, I feel this is much more challenging and beneficial.

I also do deads at least once per week but consider them more of a 70% lower body, 30% back and upper body exercise. YMMV.

Dencio
02-01-2012, 07:10 PM
hmm.
just did back today...
-yates
-tbar rows ,vbar
-db rows
-hammer mach,plates-pulldowns
I do pullups and deads on seperate days
I get occasional arm cramps....even though I use straps

pharmamarketer
02-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Totally agree on most people going tOo heavy. I was guilty. I have since lightened it up and control the weight. BIG difference

Rarely do I see people doing them correctly. They either go too heavy and heave-ho, or their form is just really odd.

When I do mine, I make sure my back stays square to the floor, and I let my arm go about 90% of the way down, and when I bring it back up, make sure my back doesn't move, otherwise, I know I am starting to throw the weight. When I pull the weight up, I make sure my elbow completely breaks the plane of my back.

Its very difficult to explain to someone in writing. Its one of those things where you almost need to assess the form i person. From years of an old muscle strain acting up every now and then, I manage to keep a pretty consistent imbalance if I am not careful. 1 armed DB rows have a pretty big impact on regaining that balance, that I try and rotate them in and out every 12 weeks.

flat6nut
02-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Love me some rows! My fave is sorta like a pendlay row except I feel stretching all the way out without touching the floor is best for me. Seems to work the lats better by keeping tension on the muscle.

Someone stated they dont go all the way down on db rows. I personaly think the full range of motion and stretch at the bottom is key to fully developing the lats.

Chris_T
02-01-2012, 07:25 PM
I was doing Kroc rows as an assistance lift for my DL, which I have been stalled out on. I'm switching to Bent-over rows this week. I just wasn't getting anything from the Kroc rows.

db_ggmm
02-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Charles Poliquin

If you already did a good job in the loading parameters for the squat and deadlift exercises, why overtrain the posterior chain?

This is really smart.

However, I dislike one arm rows. I either don't do them right or they simply don't do much for me AND they are comparatively time consuming. Even the touted grip training aspect of Kroc rows doesn't seem to work for me.

dbx
02-01-2012, 07:34 PM
I've generally always included bent-over barbell rows in my routine, but I've gotten away from them recently. Heavy squatting and heavy deadlifts and heavy BOR all on separate days just wasn't allowing my lower back enough recovering time.

I'd like to tell you that I'm doing it now (IOW, can't atm, but working on it :)), but this is how was doing it and found that it worked well:
The key (for me...and some other respected members here) was to change from conventional deads and substitute rack deads/rack pulls on Back Day. It takes the majority of the lift off of your legs that have been recently working (depending on the starting point of the pull) and won't put you in danger of an injury that could result due to fatigue, depth, the "floor break point pull", etc., but will allow you to work on your back in great ways by doing this exercise. It also will give your legs a break! (especially hams)

I've always found that while trying to work on one particular muscle group, I had to chill a good bit... and let other compounds take a back seat, of sorts, to allow any improvement to occur. I know that backing off of "full" deads is probably blaspheme :), but you need to decide on what changes (and why) you might need to make to move forward in your progress. I also tried to re-focus such shifts with each new 8-12wk program I would embark on. Hell, I even came to rotate the emphasis on a particular exercise on a weekly basis. Basically, beside what I said to start with here, periodization is everyone's friend in almost any case.

zedx
02-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Pendlay rows ftw

hammerfelt
02-01-2012, 08:37 PM
I do Pendlay Rows(Bent over rows if fatigued) every other workout after bench press.

2nd_chance
02-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Lately, reverse grip rows with an ez bar.

OutOfStep
02-01-2012, 10:55 PM
I've always found that while trying to work on one particular muscle group, I had to chill a good bit... and let other compounds take a back seat, of sorts, to allow any improvement to occur. I know that backing off of "full" deads is probably blaspheme :), but you need to decide on what changes (and why) you might need to make to move forward in your progress. I also tried to re-focus such shifts with each new 8-12wk program I would embark on. Hell, I even came to rotate the emphasis on a particular exercise on a weekly basis. Basically, beside what I said to start with here, periodization is everyone's friend in almost any case.

That's old-man ****.

For rows I pretty much live off of barbell rows and HS rows. I'll typically do 10 or more sets of each in a back workout. I also throw in t-bar rows w/barbell every now and then. I ****ing detest that t-bar row apparatus with the chest pad.

CardinalRB34
02-01-2012, 11:19 PM
do you do your deadlifts on back day? If you do... you can do them at the end of your workout and get your rows in first. Of course your deadlift would be much weaker at that point too.

if you need to do deads at the beginning.. I use to alternate deads or bbell rows every other week. I also love dumbell rows bent over without a bench. opposite arm sits on same side thigh.

Karl_Hungus
02-01-2012, 11:20 PM
BB rows are a staple for me ... and have done more for my back then just about anything else.

Every couple of weeks I'll also do high rep DB rows (high rep because most gyms suck when it comes to having heavy DBs). And every now and then, I'll do seated cable rows.

kimm4
02-01-2012, 11:26 PM
I stick with BB rows, Yates rows and HS low rows (single arm)

Once in a while I'll set up the old school t-bar and throw in DB rows.

JerryB
02-01-2012, 11:34 PM
I just switched to Pendlay rows after years doing regular bb rows or Yates style. The jury is still out but damn my lats get a lot more sore. I tend to get sore traps using conventional style.

I replaced the regular barbell row with the Pendlay row several years ago. There is less stress on the lower back and I can use heavier poundage.

-=FLEX=-
02-02-2012, 01:57 AM
The T-bar row at my gym doesn't have the chest pad, which is why I said it's only slightly easier on my lower back.

Also for clarification I do deads on leg day, not on back day. Squats Tuesday, back Wednesday, and deads on Friday.

I am another one that finds it difficult to keep good form on dumbbell rows and actually use the back muscles instead of just heaving weight around. I find the Hammer Strength Iso row to pretty much the same movement, no?

pharmamarketer
02-02-2012, 03:37 AM
The T-bar row at my gym doesn't have the chest pad, which is why I said it's only slightly easier on my lower back.

Also for clarification I do deads on leg day, not on back day. Squats Tuesday, back Wednesday, and deads on Friday.

I am another one that finds it difficult to keep good form on dumbbell rows and actually use the back muscles instead of just heaving weight around. I find the Hammer Strength Iso row to pretty much the same movement, no?

I loved the Hammer Strength ISO row. My new gym doesn't have it but they allow chalk :). I would agree with you that the ISO row is pretty much the same movement as the DB rows.

Tyrbolift
02-02-2012, 03:38 AM
T-Bar (with pad support)

HS Machine

Lying DB rows

no cable rows at all

BigMech
02-02-2012, 06:02 AM
I swapped in bent over barbell rows into my routine about a month ago. I like them, but it is really easy to go too heavy and cheat on them. You really have to concentrate, and put your ego aside to get good form.

I also use the hammer strength ISO row machine in my workout.

In the past I've done the narrow and wide grip cable rows, and one arm dumbbell rows.

I rotate between these 5, swapping them in and out every few months when I stop making progress on one.

jdtemple
02-02-2012, 06:38 AM
Did a little reading about Pendlay Rows. I think I'm going to give those a shot.

taf1968
02-02-2012, 07:48 AM
My latest back routine has been working pretty well, so I'm going to stick with it awhile and see where it goes.

- Weighted pull-ups
- T-Bar row
- Hammer Strength Iso Lateral Row (I do them single-arm . . . sitting sideways on the seat "so it's kind of like a "Carlman" but on the machine instead of a cable)
- Then either straight-arm pulldown with the rope attachment or DB pullovers depending on what I feel like doing as the finisher.

I think the weighted pull-ups and the T-bar rows have been a great combination . . . only been doing that a couple weeks, so it's early but it feels like it's a good setup for me).

ezra76
02-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Bent over rows. I make sure my rows are keeping up with my bench. I'm a believer that if you can't row at least your bench, you are lagging with the back. After all, lats are bigger than pecs so you should row more, no?

I also do deadlifts and pullups for back. I used to do 1arm rows or "lawnmowers" as we called them but the DB's only go to 100's at my gym.

-=FLEX=-
02-02-2012, 09:04 AM
I used to do 1arm rows or "lawnmowers" as we called them but the DB's only go to 100's at my gym.

That is too funny! When I first started training nearly 25 years ago we called them "lawnmowers" or "lawnmower pulls". LMAO.

And of course pec cable flyes were called "Hulk Hogans"

ironwill2008
02-02-2012, 09:31 AM
On my previous bodybuilding split, I Deadlifted every other week, and used mostly Old School-style T-Bar rows on the weeks alternating with Deads.

Deadlifts toasted my pc to the point where I didn't even attempt to do anything else on that day that loaded my lower back, so I used Dumbbell Rows, which allowed me to use my non-working arm to support my back.

On my current routine (not a split, but a quasi-FB routine), I use Barbell Rows on a separate day from Deadlifts. So far, so good.

Yep, basically the same motion.

And it's smart training to use the exercise that the trainee feels most in the target muscle. Just using a particular exercise because it's "hardcore" or "free weight," or has some amount of popularity, but which the trainee can't really feel working, just isn't an efficient way to train.

jtroster
02-02-2012, 10:18 AM
I like doing two point one arm rows. That is where you stand on two feet instead of putting one knee on a bench. Another variation is to do them in a lunge position which is easier on the lower back.

Retoaded
02-02-2012, 10:25 AM
I like pendlay rows...but let me throw this out there: based on "feel" that facepulls from a horizontal angle, pinching your shoulder blades, will burn your back up like a mug!

Donkeyno9
02-02-2012, 03:36 PM
Every workout I row or deadlift. I go pretty heavy because I want to stress the posterior chain and get some carry over into my deadlift.

BloodySalad
02-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Bentover dumbell rows. I do them every workout.
I keep toying with the idea of moving over to barbell rows but I just seem to get more out of the dumbells. In the future, I'll probably swap between the two but for now, the dbs seem to be doing the job.

Phattso
02-02-2012, 06:56 PM
It's not a Back day without some kind of Row. I do them all, except the padded thing. But, not all at the same time. I periodize each. Sure, some I like better than others, but comfort isn't my intent. Changing up when it is time, is my intent for growth.

MrBertwest
02-03-2012, 12:05 AM
l do up right rows as apart of my shoulder workout.l will be adding bentover rows soon just added deads to my workout aswell.keep rowing!

Skidmarx
02-03-2012, 03:19 AM
For mid back, BB rows have always been tops for me. I mix in 1arm db rows, tbar rows, and close cable rows every now and then just for variety.

The challenge with BB rows is keeping your balance as you get stronger. I'm doing 85% of my body weight and the motion from the bar tries to tilt me forward. I'm sure you stonger dudes know what I'm talking about. I thought about mounting a bench pad to the wall and doing rows in front of that, with my head just touching the pad, to keep me from tilting.

kd7nfr
02-03-2012, 03:32 AM
I like taking a wide grip on the overhead cable machine and laying down on a flat bench and pulling it to my chest. Obviously you can't do as much weight this way, but if you concentrate on the contraction and negative you get the same effect and a decent ab workout. Also saves your lower back for some deads or mornings.

-=FLEX=-
02-03-2012, 06:58 AM
I like taking a wide grip on the overhead cable machine and laying down on a flat bench and pulling it to my chest. Obviously you can't do as much weight this way, but if you concentrate on the contraction and negative you get the same effect and a decent ab workout. Also saves your lower back for some deads or mornings.

Interesting...

Doesn't the weight stack hit at the top? I guess not.

I might try this at home. SRS.

bbsitum
02-26-2012, 08:47 AM
I tried dumbbell rows with 25% smaller weight as someone at this tread recommended. I use Schiek dowel straps too. Definitely work for me as I can fill lats and lower back muscle. I definitely fill pain in lats one day latter. Way to go.

CaptChip40
02-26-2012, 09:31 AM
I've been doing one arm dumb bells rows using an incline bench. Instead of resting the balancing hand on a flat bench I place it on the incline portion. Getting some serious DOM's, which tells me they are working.

pvsampson
02-26-2012, 02:02 PM
Bent over rows are extremely stressful on my lower back,(surgery for blown disc),and I have had to replace them with one arm dumbell rows.I have an elbow injury as well and I have found that the dumbells are a lot easier to use for rom.

llahhsoj
02-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Whoooaaa buddy! I do a ton of various different row excercise. I got a bunch from the youtube channel TestosteroneNation.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TestosteroneNation/videos?sort=dd&view=u&page=11

They are spread out from page 11 and on.

MontyMagpie
02-26-2012, 02:17 PM
I do reverse grip BB rows, T-Bar rows with bar, bent over machine cable pulley rows, deadlifts, Lat pull downs, chins ups all on back day I give them a week to recover.

OutOfStep
02-26-2012, 02:45 PM
I do reverse grip BB rows, T-Bar rows with bar, bent over machine cable pulley rows, deadlifts, Lat pull downs, chins ups all on back day I give them a week to recover.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv288/rpa4745/jerkit.gif

Corbi
02-26-2012, 02:56 PM

And we can all see the massive improvement in your development.........................oh wait, never mind.

-=FLEX=-
02-26-2012, 03:10 PM
T-Bar rows with bar

As opposed to.......T-Bar rows without a bar???? :confused:

MontyMagpie
02-26-2012, 03:58 PM
As opposed to.......T-Bar rows without a bar???? :confused:

Yes there are T-bar machines. I use a bar.

bbsitum
02-26-2012, 04:00 PM
I've been doing one arm dumb bells rows using an incline bench. Instead of resting the balancing hand on a flat bench I place it on the incline portion. Getting some serious DOM's, which tells me they are working.

I will try that too and I will try inverse rows (big expectations). I give each exercise one chance.

Bent over rows are extremely stressful on my lower back,(surgery for blown disc),and I have had to replace them with one arm dumbell rows.I have an elbow injury as well and I have found that the dumbells are a lot easier to use for rom.

What I do. I tray say bb rows and if I fill my lower back don’t like it (as happened) I Google like “barbell rows bad for lower back”. Thousands opinions about topic from Mayo clinic to pro body builders. I do same for each exercise that I tray.

And we can all see the massive improvement in your development.........................oh wait, never mind.

Monty is highly intellectual. He is philosopher. So if he say that he is huge but don’t want post picture I’m sure he have highly intellectual reasons.

pvsampson
02-26-2012, 04:02 PM
i do reverse grip bb rows, t-bar rows with bar, bent over machine cable pulley rows, deadlifts, lat pull downs, chins ups all on back day i give them a week to recover.

pics!!!!!

MontyMagpie
02-26-2012, 04:03 PM
So if he say that he is huge but don’t want post picture I’m sure he have highly intellectual reasons.

I made no claim to being huge.

pvsampson
02-26-2012, 04:31 PM
I made no claim to being huge.

No you didn't,but post some pics to show that you lift,and you may well be taken more seriously.As soon as my vid loads to youtube I will post and you can post there or GTFO.How is that?

I apologize to Flex for this off topic post.

MontyMagpie
02-26-2012, 04:34 PM
No you didn't,but post some pics to show that you lift,and you may well be taken more seriously.As soon as my vid loads to youtube I will post and you can post there or GTFO.How is that?

I apologize to Flex for this off topic post.

This forum isn't about me you know, more on and stalk someone else. So you spent 30mins checking my previous posts since July 2011. Surely you have something else better to do with your time.

CaptChip40
02-26-2012, 04:36 PM
I will try that too and I will try inverse rows (big expectations). I give each exercise one chance.

What I do. I tray say bb rows and if I fill my lower back don’t like it (as happened) I Google like “barbell rows bad for lower back”. Thousands opinions about topic from Mayo clinic to pro body builders. I do same for each exercise that I tray.

Monty is highly intellectual. He is philosopher. So if he say that he is huge but don’t want post picture I’m sure he have highly intellectual reasons.

Let me know what you think, I was impressed.

pvsampson
02-26-2012, 04:41 PM
This forum isn't about me you know, more on and stalk someone else. So you spent 30mins checking my previous posts since July 2011. Surely you have something else better to do with your time.

No it is not.I have been at you pretty hard lately,but this is now your chance to show that you do actually train.I am inviting you to post on my thread with pics.I am sure that a few of the other members here will be interested to see if you respond and prove that you are not just a troll,as quite a few people here believe you are.As said,as soon as youtube is loaded....

Kraken
02-26-2012, 09:51 PM
No it is not.I have been at you pretty hard lately,but this is now your chance to show that you do actually train.I am inviting you to post on my thread with pics.I am sure that a few of the other members here will be interested to see if you respond and prove that you are not just a troll,as quite a few people here believe you are.As said,as soon as youtube is loaded....

Just put him on ignore. I did about a month ago and wish I had sooner. Many others agree with me too on this one. Only thing that bugs me is when someone quotes him, I can see his posts.

Monty, you have a poor attitude towards others, your advice is usually abrasive or just rude, and we have yet to even see that you even lift and aren't just a troll on the forums. I would have thought by now you would have gotten the hint, taken a step back and taken a good, hard look at your posts and figured it out. How much more clear can people make this?

MontyMagpie
02-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Just put him on ignore. I did about a month ago and wish I had sooner. Many others agree with me too on this one. Only thing that bugs me is when someone quotes him, I can see his posts.

Monty, you have a poor attitude towards others, your advice is usually abrasive or just rude, and we have yet to even see that you even lift and aren't just a troll on the forums. I would have thought by now you would have gotten the hint, taken a step back and taken a good, hard look at your posts and figured it out. How much more clear can people make this?

No I'm very accommodating towards others, In fact it is me who has been subjected to mass abuse. What you think of me is your problem but I won't be told I am this and that when I'm not like you say. It is you who and others that attack me that are like this not me. I've no idea why you do it and others. Some kind of game for you and others to neg every one of my comments.

With that being said. I will not be driven away by abusive people. I have my own thoughts and opinions and beliefs as does everyone. It is you who has a problem with not accepting other people's thoughts opinions and believes and attacking them. Green or red I will continue to say what is said.

Kraken
02-26-2012, 10:06 PM
No I'm very accommodating towards others, In fact it is me who has been subjected to mass abuse. What you think of me is your problem but I won't be told I am this and that when I'm not like you say. It is you who and others that attack me that are like this not me. I've no idea why you do it and others. Some kind of game for you and others to neg every one of my comments.

With that being said. I will not be driven away by abusive people. I have my own thoughts and opinions and believes, it is you who has a problem with not accepting other peoples thoughts opinions and believes and attacking them. Green or red I will continue to say what is said.

You hounded my ass for a long time. You were making reply after reply that was extremely rude and abrasive to me, and I started to think you were trolling me.

You are truly delusional.

MontyMagpie
02-26-2012, 10:07 PM
You hounded my ass for a long time. You were making reply after reply that was extremely rude and abrasive to me, and I started to think you were trolling me.

You are truly delusional.

No I did not 'hound your ass' what a terrible lie. I see you lied about having me on ignore as you saw my post ok. I am not delusional and I have not trolled ever.

All I've done is be supportive to new comers on the site that get the 'piss' ripped out of them by some people. I've noted at least one person that said thanks to me for supporting them against abuse from others. See my Guestbook, he was ready to quit but I told him to not let them get at him. I was attacked for defending him.

Here is his comment.

ryoung1214 I just wanted to thank you. A couple months ago I was attacked by what you called trolls. You had kind words for me and i wanted you to know that your act of kindness help me to stay motivated. I might have given up had it not been for you. Thank You.

Kraken
02-26-2012, 10:17 PM
No I did not 'hound your ass' what a terrible lie. I see you lied about having me on ignore as you saw my post ok. I am not delusional and I have not trolled ever.

All I've done is be supportive to new comers on the site that get the 'piss' ripped out of them by some people. I've noted at least one person that said thanks to me for supporting them against abuse from others. See my Guestbook, he was ready to quit but I told him to not let them get at him. I was attacked for defending him.

Here is his comment.

ryoung1214 I just wanted to thank you. A couple months ago I was attacked by what you called trolls. You had kind words for me and i wanted you to know that your act of kindness help me to stay motivated. I might have given up had it not been for you. Thank You.

You clearly don;t know how ignore works on these boards. They still show when someone posts, it just doesn't show what they posted. It also shows their post when someone quotes them. You can also "View post" of someone you have on ignore if you want to see that particular post.

Looks like this:
MontyMagpie
This message is hidden because MontyMagpie is on your ignore list.
View Post
Remove user from ignore list

After this post, I don't be "viewing" any more of your posts. THis pretty much tells me that there is no hope for you and I have no desire to interact with you anymore.

powernpain
03-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Back 1.
Pull-ups
Bent over Barbell
1 arm BOR
Close grip cable rows

Back 2.
Deadlift
1 arm BOR
One arm cable rows
Rear Delt flies

When bulking, If I am hitting a body part twice in one week rotation, the next week it only gets one go, I find its just not enough rest for me. I pefer to rotate these work outs, I usually see better recoveries and I can hit them hard every time.

vladoversic
03-05-2012, 11:21 PM
For back i do weighted chins, bent barbbell rows, chest supported t- bars and deadlifts.

ProtienandIron
03-06-2012, 12:04 AM
I like barbell rows and use them regularly. But I much prefer 1 arm dumbbell rows, and pullups for my back.

MrBertwest
03-06-2012, 12:28 AM
l didnt know they were a rows.l have calling them lawnmowers for the last 18 months single arm db rows that is.well now l know.

GnomusMaximus
03-06-2012, 05:23 AM
I desperately need to add rows to my workout. I absolutely suck at Atlas/McGlashen stones and that first move in the pic is part row.

mtdman
03-06-2012, 02:53 PM
Love me some rows! My fave is sorta like a pendlay row except I feel stretching all the way out without touching the floor is best for me. Seems to work the lats better by keeping tension on the muscle.

Someone stated they dont go all the way down on db rows. I personaly think the full range of motion and stretch at the bottom is key to fully developing the lats.

I have always heard that the stretch at the bottom is the most important part of the row. If you're doing heavy weight so that you can't pull out of that stretch you're probably doing too much, imo. I also try to get the db as far away from my body as possible, almost like an arc when I pull them up.

I just bought some attachments to make my bb into a tbar for rowing. I've always wanted to be able to do tbar rows at home. It was pretty cheap too.

powernpain
03-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Well a little of the topic, but i have uploaded profile pic with another progress pic. ( never thought I would ever be doing it though, cheers!) Pops! che**ie !!

nixter
03-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Deads, lat pulldowns, and seated cable low rows.

EasyStreets
03-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Lately, reverse grip rows with an ez bar.

Interesting....cant believe I havent tried this. Should be easy on the wrists.

I love rows and I use quite a few variations usually changing up secondaries every week.
My favorites are wide and narrow grip seated rows and bent dumbell rows. Ill throw in machine work and barbell rows every once in a while as well.