PDA

View Full Version : CNS epiphany

billb7581
02-01-2012, 06:20 AM
I am doing All Pro's Simple Beginner routine. I worked out my heavy day last night on short rest because I had a dentist appointment today. 4 weeks in I need to do 11 reps, which I thought was going to be difficult because I struggled with 10 reps last week. About 8 reps into my second set of bench I felt like I was going to be done, but something with my mind/body clicked and it felt like I was firing the muscles necessary to get that bar up 3 more times in the most efficient manner possible. The weight didnt feel any lighter, it just seemed like I was doing the exercise more efficiently, if that makes any sense.

Really digging this program. The arm work you get prior to doing even curls is insane. My arms are like rubber and saying "LOL wut" when I pick up the barbell to do curls LOL.

drudixon
02-01-2012, 11:06 AM
I am doing All Pro's Simple Beginner routine. I worked out my heavy day last night on short rest because I had a dentist appointment today. 4 weeks in I need to do 11 reps, which I thought was going to be difficult because I struggled with 10 reps last week. About 8 reps into my second set of bench I felt like I was going to be done, but something with my mind/body clicked and it felt like I was firing the muscles necessary to get that bar up 3 more times in the most efficient manner possible. The weight didnt feel any lighter, it just seemed like I was doing the exercise more efficiently, if that makes any sense.

Really digging this program. The arm work you get prior to doing even curls is insane. My arms are like rubber and saying "LOL wut" when I pick up the barbell to do curls LOL.

Glad it clicked. For me, it's not about making the weight easier/harder to move, but feeling the target muscle groups engage properly. I can do bench and just feel it in my shoulders/tris. Or, I can reposition slightly and feel it in my pecs, which is where the focus for me is intended. I've had to deload sometimes to do exercises properly, but each time I've been rewarded with better growth. My goal isn't getting crazy strong, it's looking like it.

billb7581
02-01-2012, 11:20 AM
That was the thing, the weight felt no lighter. At first I was like wtf, then I sorta zoned out and my brain told my body to stop complaining and get the reps LOL.

bigtallox
02-01-2012, 11:38 AM
something with my mind/body clicked and it felt like I was firing the muscles necessary to get that bar up 3 more times in the most efficient manner possible. The weight didnt feel any lighter

Sounds like a mental thing to me. If you were actually firing your muscles more efficiently, the weight would feel lighter.

Glad you're liking your program.