PDA

View Full Version : Back from the doctors (results)

iAmMan
01-31-2012, 07:39 PM
Alright, i got a CAT scan, MRI or w.e

My brain is completely fine, nothing involving an aneurysm, so all my worries are gone from that.

The only thing detected was a tiny bit higher blood pressure then normal i guess, so i dont know.

so I still feel the tightness around my head, the tight feeling like theres a headband, it comes and goes through out the day.

Is it an exertion headache? I am still a little worried.

ironwill2008
01-31-2012, 07:56 PM
Is it an exertion headache? I am still a little worried.

What did the doctor who read your test results say?

iAmMan
01-31-2012, 08:10 PM
What did the doctor who read your test results say?

He just said everything was fine from the MRI. So why am i getting these feelings on my head.

drudixon
01-31-2012, 08:27 PM
So its all in your head?

iAmMan
01-31-2012, 08:30 PM
So its all in your head?

How can it be all in my head when i can physically feel it?

It feels like pressure on my brain or seomthing. I dont understand how no one can tell me if its an exertion headache or not, I even google'd the symptoms and nothing. The doctor said it was nothing to do with an aneurysm or anything dangerous.

so i am asking, is this what an exertion headache would feel like? I have never had one before.

ironwill2008
01-31-2012, 08:39 PM
So why am i getting these feelings on my head.

What did the doctor say when you asked him this question?

Kraken
01-31-2012, 08:53 PM

I see what you're doing, but I think this particular question was rhetorical.

MOst likely you had a CT scan. I am sure the doc also told you to follow up with your family doc if you went to the ER or, if the family doc is who ordered the test, to return if it didnt subside in a certain period of time or if it worsened. ER docs are usually very specific about giving patients orders to follow up with their family doc, because the ER doc is only responsible for looking for immediate life threatening issues, but a family doc can take more time and look in to the problem more and make sure it's not something that still needs to be treated etc.

Anyway, if he didnt tell you to fllow up with a family doc, I recommend it, especially with the criteria above. and before anyone asks, yes, I have been working in this field long enough to know the standards of care in the emergency department

iAmMan
01-31-2012, 09:24 PM

nothing he said everything was fine and nothing showed up on the cat scan, it means my head is fine.

I think its my anxiety/stress issues.

ironwill2008
01-31-2012, 09:50 PM
nothing he said everything was fine and nothing showed up on the cat scan, it means my head is fine.

I'm not qualified to add anything to what your doc is telling you. If you have, in fact, had anxiety and/or stress issues in the past, this may very well be what you're dealing with now. As a layman, I can't think of anything else to point to; your doc has pretty much ruled out physical issues.

drudixon
02-01-2012, 01:46 PM

It'll hurt if you hold your breath while lifting sometimes...