PDA

View Full Version : Please help...looking to build glutes thighs and hips

lyricskyy
01-31-2012, 03:48 PM
Hi I'm looking to make my thighs glutes and hips bigger. I dont want to lose to much weight but would also like to lose some belly fat nothing else. Really want to focus on glute area as much as possible. I just started doing squats any suggestions to help me build as quickly as possibe would be great.

Thanks,
Lyricskyy

ArchAngel'73
01-31-2012, 04:29 PM
I hope you're female...

You can't build hips, its bone and you can't diet or work off bone.

Squats, leg presses, extensions, and hamstring curls are the basics.

For ur azz try glute ham raises, walking lunges, and high foot placings on the leg press get both the glutes and hams.

If you want to burn fat, it does not come off one specific place, you should take care of that with your diet 1st, cardio 2nd.
Weight training is not as effective for burning fat as those mentioned.

x-trainer ben
01-31-2012, 05:10 PM
I also like to include the abducter/adducter hip/inner thigh machines. Also go as low as possible and squeeze your ass when squatting.

ljimd
01-31-2012, 05:16 PM
I hope you're female...

OP - age: 36 sex: Male ??????????????? Whatever. Good luck OP.

lyricskyy
01-31-2012, 06:55 PM
yes im female ad thaks for your help i will post a pic..lol

I hope you're female...

You can't build hips, its bone and you can't diet or work off bone.

Squats, leg presses, extensions, and hamstring curls are the basics.

For ur azz try glute ham raises, walking lunges, and high foot placings on the leg press get both the glutes and hams.

If you want to burn fat, it does not come off one specific place, you should take care of that with your diet 1st, cardio 2nd.
Weight training is not as effective for burning fat as those mentioned.

litljay
01-31-2012, 07:38 PM
Squat.

/endthread

discdoggie
01-31-2012, 08:54 PM
You can't spot *reduce.
Squats will build your glutes. BB or DB walking lunges will also make them VERY sore.

Google Brett Contreas, I think? Aka: "The Glute Guy". He has vids on YouTube and wrote a very good article in T-Nation a while back.

Personally, I don't like the abductor/adductor machines.

discdoggie
01-31-2012, 09:02 PM
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/dispelling_the_glute_myth

2nd_chance
01-31-2012, 09:14 PM
yes im female ad thaks for your help i will post a pic..lolYeah well you listed yourself as a male when you signed up. Says so right on your bodyspace page. How does one get confused about that question?!?!?!

CookAndrewB
01-31-2012, 10:13 PM
Google Brett Contreas, I think? Aka: "The Glute Guy". He has vids on YouTube and wrote a very good article in T-Nation a while back.

^^^^

This would be my suggestion.

Personally, I don't like the abductor/adductor machines.

I heard somebody call these "yes/no's" or "good girl/bad girls" and now when I see women (even old women) on these machines I laugh.

plumher
01-31-2012, 11:04 PM
I saw a powerlifter doing some hip thrusts last week with a mat wrapped around the bar. I have big legs and hams but no butt to speak of. Been doing walking lunges, bu7t gonna give these hip thrusts a spot on leg/hamstring day.

lyricskyy
01-31-2012, 11:15 PM
i was at work when i signed up i clicked female not sure how it jumped back to male. i tried to fix called support and they told me that had quite a few people with the same issue today. so i had to start a new ACCOUNT BECUZ THEY COULDNT FIX...LYRICSKYY1 INSTEAD OF LYRICSKYY

Yeah well you listed yourself as a male when you signed up. Says so right on your bodyspace page. How does one get confused about that question?!?!?!

jdtemple
02-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Heavy squats and lunges are good glute builders. You don't need anything fancy if you're a new lifter.