PDA

View Full Version : here's my Diet... any critiques

CardinalRB34
01-31-2012, 07:37 AM
8:00 a.m. - 10 egg whites, 2 whole omega fortified eggs, 2 medium sized red potatoes, 2 spoons of black bean/salsa mix

11:00 a.m. - 10 oz. lean steak, 2 cups of rice (50% brown, 50% white), 2 cups of mixed vegetables

1:00 p.m. - 1 serving of Essential Amino Energy by ON
1:00 p.m. - sip on SIZE ON by Gaspari Nutrition while I train
2:30 p.m. - 60g Hydro WHEY by ON, 1 serving of Vitargo CGL by Nutrex

4:00 p.m. - 10 oz. lean steak, 2 cups of rice (50/50) or 1 large sweet potato, 2 cups mixed vegetables

7:00 p.m. - 10 oz. lean chicken, 3-4 cups of mixed vegetables, 1 serving of raw almonds

10:00 p.m. - 10 oz. of tilapia or salmon, 2-3 cups of mixed vegetables, 1 serving of raw almonds

this is it for the next 4 weeks - starting next Monday. I'm back to training with almost my normal intensity. 1-2 cheat meals per week based on how I'm feeling - cheat meals are usually nutritionally decent such as tilapia with cheese sauce over pasta or a pizza loaded with chicken. Yes, once in a while I will have a serving of fruit with a cheat meal or if I'm feeling a little drained...

I'm aiming to cut up a bit, before I make some more adjustments.

Let me know your thoughts... thank you.

CardinalRB34
01-31-2012, 07:47 AM
^^ i forgot to mention that I take fish oil at night and a multivitamin/mineral in the morning.

-=FLEX=-
01-31-2012, 07:53 AM
Just curious as to why a guy who claims to have trained high profile bodybuilders for competition needs to have his own diet critiqued?

tsoden
01-31-2012, 07:56 AM
ok... my stomach rebeled at the sheer volume of food... cripes... I have a hard time consuming 6 oz of meat in one sitting.

CardinalRB34
01-31-2012, 08:03 AM
Just curious as to why a guy who claims to have trained high profile bodybuilders for competition needs to have his own diet critiqued?

well.. hahahahaha.. I don't need it to be critiqued. Just curious what your thoughts were. I didn't want to come off the wrong way, but I thought it would good reading for some of the noobs asking a lot of diet info. This is actually my cutter - some could calculate their needs by finding the ratio of my body mass to their body mass.

CardinalRB34
01-31-2012, 08:05 AM
ok... my stomach rebeled at the sheer volume of food... cripes... I have a hard time consuming 6 oz of meat in one sitting.

it does take some getting used to. hahahaaha. it literally gets to the point where I can't chew anymore and have to take a small bite of chicken and just swallow it with water. lol.

-=FLEX=-
01-31-2012, 08:08 AM
I don't need it to be critiqued. Just curious what your thoughts were.

But you asked for critiques. Why? So you could then argue with anyone that makes a suggestion?

Curious to see where this threads goes, but at first blush it's either absolutely pointless or a blatant troll thread.

CardinalRB34
01-31-2012, 08:25 AM
But you asked for critiques. Why? So you could then argue with anyone that makes a suggestion?

Curious to see where this threads goes, but at first blush it's either absolutely pointless or a blatant troll thread.

come on man. why do you make the accusations? I have nothing but good intentions. I like to chat and share my opinions just like the rest of you. I also enjoy a healthy debate. I'm not here to meet women or try to pick up clients. Sure... I'd be curious as to what kind of feedback I'd get. But more than anything.. I wanted to share what I'm doing with some of the NEWBS who have posted questions about eating... that's it.

ljimd
01-31-2012, 08:37 AM
Kinda hard to critique your diet without more info.

Stats: 5'7", 242 lbs - Ur b/s says 23% b/f = 56# of bodyfat - is that ballpark?

What are the macros on the posted diet? Seems like a lot of food (carbs) for a cut.

Your post "I'm aiming to cut up a bit, before I make some more adjustments."

Numbers look funky to me. Post a pic so we can see what you are working with.

If you are doing things we can't speak of - then I have no opinion.

induced_drag
01-31-2012, 08:59 AM

I was thinking the SAME thing.... but moving on...

When critiquing a diet, it is easier for me to just look at the raw numbers. I am sure you have calculated these so if you post them we can better analyze your intake.

-What is your daily calorie goal?
-What is your maintenance?
-Obviously from these we will get your structured maintenance
-Last what are your macro breakdowns

Also helps to know your LBM

ironwill2008
01-31-2012, 11:29 AM
I also enjoy a healthy debate. .

Lulz. Your idea of a "debate" is to post a bunch of unsubstantiated BS and then ignore any requests for proof that your "methods" are valid.

You got your ass handed to you by Alan Aragon in your last Opus here. I don't expect this thread to turn out any different.

TenThreeFive
01-31-2012, 11:53 AM
This feels like a diet from the 90's. Nothing new or exciting here to see. Start a journal and post pictures, macro breakdown etc....

BrotherWolf
01-31-2012, 01:14 PM
All I know is that I would kill myself before having such a dull boring diet .. I agree with TenThreeFive looks outdated
and no dessert?? wtf

OutOfStep
01-31-2012, 01:22 PM
Looks bro-tastic but needs more apples and fruit!

Getsum
01-31-2012, 01:25 PM

lol, I have a hard time limiting myself to a single 12oz steak. I've been known to eat two and still end up looking around for more a couples of hours later.

CardinalRB34
01-31-2012, 02:27 PM
Looks bro-tastic but needs more apples and fruit!

if ur being serious... then - thank you!!

freebirdmac
01-31-2012, 02:56 PM
Have you gotten a fasted blood panel lately?

tsoden
01-31-2012, 03:26 PM
lol, I have a hard time limiting myself to a single 12oz steak. I've been known to eat two and still end up looking around for more a couples of hours later.I don't know where you store it bro...

Getsum
01-31-2012, 04:39 PM
I don't know where you store it bro...

Sometimes I think I have ferocious feral tapeworm in there. Seriously though, I really love steak and what I actually do is eat an 8oz or 12oz steak with a load of veggies, like a whole can or frozen bag. That usually does the trick.

Claim Jumper serves a 24 oz prime rib and I can down that thing no problem. My wife always trips out but in the end, it's gone. Got to love them stretchy pants! :D

Corbi
01-31-2012, 04:48 PM
Sometimes I think I have ferocious feral tapeworm in there. Seriously though, I really love steak and what I actually do is eat an 8oz or 12oz steak with a load of veggies, like a whole can or frozen bag. That usually does the trick.

Claim Jumper serves a 24 oz prime rib and I can down that thing no problem. My wife always trips out but in the end, it's gone. Got to love them stretchy pants! :D

I eat the 16 oz steak at Texas Roadhouse along with a side of ribs and the potatoes, but there is no way I could eat 2-10oz steaks as well as another 20 oz of chicken and fish every frickin day.

silverlightning
01-31-2012, 04:50 PM
why would fruit be cheating? nothing should be off limits. eat according to your activity level.

ntrllftr
01-31-2012, 04:54 PM
if ur being serious... then - thank you!!

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd387/asward678/steve-harvey_o_GIFSoupcom2.gif

Getsum
01-31-2012, 04:54 PM
I eat the 16 oz steak at Texas Roadhouse along with a side of ribs and the potatoes, but there is no way I could eat 2-10oz steaks as well as another 20 oz of chicken and fish every frickin day.

I couldn't do it with chicken, no way. I eat chicken 8oz at a time and I could two a day if I split them up for like lunch and dinner or something. Steak, no problem at all...especially right off the grill. I grill year round down here, hell, we even grill when it's raining out. I got this little patio overhang right out the kitchen door and the grill is under that. I'm having left over grilled chicken tonight, not nearly as good as steak. :(

I think I could probably do it with fish, shrimp, crab or lobster...that doesn't fill me up like chicken or beef. That dipping butter they serve with the lobster has been jacking up my stomach the last few times I've had it.

silverlightning
01-31-2012, 04:58 PM
on second thought. more carbs and nutella. and wheyz proteinz shakez post workout

-=FLEX=-
01-31-2012, 05:01 PM

How about a macro breakdown on that?

If this thread was serious it's beyond me why you wouldn't have posted that along with the details...

x-trainer ben
01-31-2012, 05:07 PM
8:00 a.m. - 10 egg whites, 2 whole omega fortified eggs, 2 medium sized red potatoes, 2 spoons of black bean/salsa mix

11:00 a.m. - 10 oz. lean steak, 2 cups of rice (50% brown, 50% white), 2 cups of mixed vegetables

1:00 p.m. - 1 serving of Essential Amino Energy by ON
1:00 p.m. - sip on SIZE ON by Gaspari Nutrition while I train
2:30 p.m. - 60g Hydro WHEY by ON, 1 serving of Vitargo CGL by Nutrex

4:00 p.m. - 10 oz. lean steak, 2 cups of rice (50/50) or 1 large sweet potato, 2 cups mixed vegetables

7:00 p.m. - 10 oz. lean chicken, 3-4 cups of mixed vegetables, 1 serving of raw almonds

10:00 p.m. - 10 oz. of tilapia or salmon, 2-3 cups of mixed vegetables, 1 serving of raw almonds

this is it for the next 4 weeks - starting next Monday. I'm back to training with almost my normal intensity. 1-2 cheat meals per week based on how I'm feeling - cheat meals are usually nutritionally decent such as tilapia with cheese sauce over pasta or a pizza loaded with chicken. Yes, once in a while I will have a serving of fruit with a cheat meal or if I'm feeling a little drained...

I'm aiming to cut up a bit, before I make some more adjustments.

50 oz of protein, a shake, aminos,potatoes, mixed veggies, almonds, just do all brown rice. Old school and fine by me.

CardinalRB34
01-31-2012, 05:48 PM
yeah... right now my bodyfat is high. I just had neck surgery less than 2 months ago. I started lifting again... almost 2 weeks ago after a 6 month layoff. My strategy is somewhat different because of the circumstances. I am most definitely considering my former stats with this diet. The reason? I'm hoping my body's normal state of homeostasis and muscle memory will have added benefit with this amount of food. When I started a similar diet about 1 year ago... my stats were 5'7" 260 at about 18% which was a weight that I maintained for over a year in reasonable shape. And in 8-9 weeks with a similar diet with what I posted... I was able to trim down to 235 at about 9%.

Now because of my layoff and eating depression... hahahaha.. I'm much smaller and fatter. 240 ish at recently calipered at 24%. Here's the good news over the last month. I cleaned out my eating about a month ago.. got down to 228 as my bodyfat dropped some. The last 2 weeks I have gained back weight as I started lifting again... now I'm at 242 but am significantly leaner than I was 2 -4 weeks ago. I know the food amount is rather high for my current stats, but I'm hoping muscle memory really kicks in and I will continue to lean out as I put back on my muscle mass rather easily. So far... it has proven to be effective.

My daily totals are:

approximately 350g protein, 550g carbs, 70g fat. which is about a total of 4,230 calories per day. 33% protein, 51% carbs, 16% fat

CardinalRB34
01-31-2012, 05:50 PM
Have you gotten a fasted blood panel lately?

yeah. I had my blood work done 4 weeks ago before I started my diet.

CardinalRB34
01-31-2012, 05:52 PM
lol, I have a hard time limiting myself to a single 12oz steak. I've been known to eat two and still end up looking around for more a couples of hours later.

no doubt bro.. I can eat steak all day long!!

TenThreeFive
01-31-2012, 06:03 PM
Can you post a picture taken today? Thanks.

CardinalRB34
01-31-2012, 06:03 PM
Lulz. Your idea of a "debate" is to post a bunch of unsubstantiated BS and then ignore any requests for proof that your "methods" are valid.

You got your ass handed to you by Alan Aragon in your last Opus here. I don't expect this thread to turn out any different.

dude... in all seriousness. Alan is a knowledgeable guy.. no doubt. So is Farah, Glass, Nichols, Hany, Fak - they are the best of the best. Alan's real world results are pale in comparison to the guys I just mentioned. They train all the best. Their diet strategies... lifting strategies and theories are similar to mine. How much proof do you need? Do real world results not count for anything to you!?!?!? In all honesty - Alan didn't hand me anything. Scientific Jargon is only part of the equation. Physiques and real people have proven that those methods are not the best. are you seeking a gay bromance with Alan or something!?!?!? hahahahaah.. come on man - stop sucking @ss!!

CardinalRB34
01-31-2012, 06:05 PM
Can you post a picture taken today? Thanks.

nope. I'm a pale shadow of what I was. So try to understand my insecurities and embarrassment. thank you.

TenThreeFive
01-31-2012, 06:09 PM
nope. I'm a pale shadow of what I was. So try to understand my insecurities and embarrassment. thank you.Selective attention seeker huh? If you are for real you would have no problem putting up a picture just to show what can be done. I'm done with your attention whoring bullshiat! Goodluck to ya.

billb7581
01-31-2012, 06:31 PM
brb need to find my calorie calculator

freebirdmac
01-31-2012, 06:46 PM
yeah. I had my blood work done 4 weeks ago before I started my diet.

What was your LDL and triglycerides?

induced_drag
01-31-2012, 06:49 PM
...my stats were 5'7" 260 at about 18% which was a weight that I maintained for over a year in reasonable shape. And in 8-9 weeks with a similar diet with what I posted... I was able to trim down to 235 at about 9%.

........My daily totals are:

approximately 350g protein, 550g carbs, 70g fat. which is about a total of 4,230 calories per day. 33% protein, 51% carbs, 16% fat

OK dude...reality check. You claim to be a experienced trainer. I am calling total BS....sorry

Lets see.... 260@ 18% bf =47lbs fat and 213 lbs of muscle.....then as you say in 8-9 weeks you were at 235 and 9%bf (21lbs fat and 213 lbs muscle).

So you lost 26 lbs of fat....in 9 weeks and did not loose a single lb of muscle...AND did this at a caloric intake of aprox 4230.

Lets do some math shall we. Your 26 lbs of fat loss in 9 weeks is 2.88lbs per week, and would require a deficit of 1444 cal per day. So what you are saying is your maintenance cals would have to be almost 5700 cals per day to lose weight at the rates you are talking about at the cals you are eating.

Not only is this highly unlikely....but it is also ridiculous to say you can be on a 1450 daily caloric deficit, lose 26lbs of fat in 9 weeks and not lose any muscle.

You are just silly.....(cant even think of a better way to put it trying to be nice)

ironwill2008
01-31-2012, 07:54 PM
.. are you seeking a gay bromance with Alan or something!?!?!? hahahahaah.. come on man - stop sucking @ss!!

LOL. Homophobic much?

Good luck meeting your 30% body fat goal in 2012.

CardinalRB34
01-31-2012, 08:20 PM
Selective attention seeker huh? If you are for real you would have no problem putting up a picture just to show what can be done. I'm done with your attention whoring bullshiat! Goodluck to ya.

dude. My before and after pics with these 12 weeks will be posted soon enough.

CardinalRB34
01-31-2012, 08:38 PM
OK dude...reality check. You claim to be a experienced trainer. I am calling total BS....sorry

Lets see.... 260@ 18% bf =47lbs fat and 213 lbs of muscle.....then as you say in 8-9 weeks you were at 235 and 9%bf (21lbs fat and 213 lbs muscle).

So you lost 26 lbs of fat....in 9 weeks and did not loose a single lb of muscle...AND did this at a caloric intake of aprox 4230.

Lets do some math shall we. Your 26 lbs of fat loss in 9 weeks is 2.88lbs per week, and would require a deficit of 1444 cal per day. So what you are saying is your maintenance cals would have to be almost 5700 cals per day to lose weight at the rates you are talking about at the cals you are eating.

Not only is this highly unlikely....but it is also ridiculous to say you can be on a 1450 daily caloric deficit, lose 26lbs of fat in 9 weeks and not lose any muscle.

You are just silly.....(cant even think of a better way to put it trying to be nice)

I know the results are outstanding!! Have you tried eating similar to this or are you soooo fixed in the eating for calories and macro's only!?!? It simply works. That's why pro's eat an enormous amounts of food during their diets - they keep it clean - they keep it simple. I'm telling you - throw most of that crap out the window... there's sooo much more than calories in vs. calories out and macro ratios. that's only part of it. When you train balls to the walls - your body knows what to do with all the clean food... it knows how to utilize it. Do you want a scientific pie chart? There isn't any that I'm aware of. Check out Jay, Branch, Kai's eating plan!?!??! How the hell do they trim up during contest prep with the amounts of food? Say what you want about pharmaceuticals... there's no magic pill. There's a reason this madness works.

Let's pretend that some foods promote fat storage more readily and easily than others. While many on here think that 40g of sugar will basically do the same to your body as 40g from oats. Others here would argue that 50g whey is just as good for you as 50g from steak or chicken. Again.. if you wanna believe it's all about the macro - then that's fine. But what I can't understand is that the TEF isn't EVEN a factor to some of you people. While a lot of you eat your delicious meals that have virtually no TEF... I'm choking down food that has an average of 20-25% TEF. Now calculate the total NET calories. you're talking about my NET calories only being 3,400ish - 3,600 ish because of the TYPES of food I'm consuming. So... at around 240 ish to 250 pounds... my maintenance calories would be about 3,700+. I'm somewhat active with my kids, but I train BALLS to the WALLS in the gym when I'm healthy. So a huge deficit is created if you're comparing my maintenance to the NET number of calories I'm consuming... it's not the amount of calories that go in my mouth that is the only factor as many of you make it out to be. I gotta honestly say that it's still a lot of weight to lose... and the only explanation I can come up with is - the TYPES of food and the efficiency that your body utilizes it. With no scientific proof... I believe that your muscles and body know what to do with all those extra good nutrients... or eventually adapts to it.

The thing is.. I'm not here to sell anything. I have no clue why I am sharing what I have learned and know to a bunch of jerks that want to insult and mock every newbie that comes to this board. I can't believe some of your butts haven't been moderated... and now I'm probably pushing it too with this jargon.

here's the kicker... I was able to achieve that weight loss in that time with NO cardio. I don't do cardio until 4-8 weeks out. I was 7 weeks out when I last got injured.

CardinalRB34
01-31-2012, 08:42 PM
Selective attention seeker huh? If you are for real you would have no problem putting up a picture just to show what can be done. I'm done with your attention whoring bullshiat! Goodluck to ya.

at 179 pounds and 8.7% bodyfat... I would post my current pic too. Well... maybe not. That's not impressive by any means. SO you play soccer 3 hours a day. WOW!! You talk like ur Lou Ferigno. Go through the depression I went through with this neck issue... then talk.

CardinalRB34
01-31-2012, 08:43 PM
LOL. Homophobic much?

Good luck meeting your 30% body fat goal in 2012.

actually no... no I'm not homophobic. Just wonder why you kiss his butt and not Hany's?

CardinalRB34
01-31-2012, 08:44 PM
What was your LDL and triglycerides?

normal. thank you for asking. How's ur health? and why do you want to know mine?

CardinalRB34
01-31-2012, 08:46 PM
forgot to mention... I do drink 1 cup of coffee in the morning... black. and once in a while.. I will have a diet POP. But I always drink 1 and 1/2 - 2 gallons of water daily.

ironwill2008
01-31-2012, 08:49 PM
.... a bunch of jerks that want to insult and mock every newbie that comes to this board. I can't believe some of your butts haven't been moderated... and now I'm probably pushing it too with this jargon.

LOL. Paranoid much?

You seem to be the only poster in this thread spouting ad hominems. Perhaps you should be concerned about the moderators here.

CardinalRB34
01-31-2012, 08:56 PM
LOL. Paranoid much?

You seem to be the only poster in this thread spouting ad hominems. Perhaps you should be concerned about the moderators here.

why? The only reason why I would get kicked off is for being too nice to you... who clearly deserves the same treatment you give others (not just myself) - disrespectful, insulting, and just plain mean. are you here to help others and encourage or are you here to say that you're better than everyone?? Believe it or not... my hearts intentions... are not to boast or be prideful. Like I said in other posts.. I share my thoughts and opinions to try to help. I give freely. You take. later

ironwill2008
01-31-2012, 09:03 PM
why? The only reason why I would get kicked off is for being too nice to you... who clearly deserves the same treatment you give others (not just myself) - disrespectful, insulting, and just plain mean. are you here to help others and encourage or are you here to say that you're better than everyone?? Believe it or not... my hearts intentions... are not to boast or be prideful. Like I said in other posts.. I share my thoughts and opinions to try to help. I give freely. You take. later

Lulz. The level of irony in ^^^^this post is only surpassed by it's condescension.

TenThreeFive
01-31-2012, 09:20 PM
at 179 pounds and 8.7% bodyfat... I would post my current pic too. Well... maybe not. That's not impressive by any means. SO you play soccer 3 hours a day. WOW!! You talk like ur Lou Ferigno. Go through the depression I went through with this neck issue... then talk.

Soccer? I am Canadian, I hate soccer. Never played it in my life. While I love Lou, I also know his big toe is greater then I will ever be. What did you think was going to happen when you posted 'critique my diet'? Did you think we would all fall over our computers and gush at the greatest of it all? Did you think we would all ask how you put together such a well executed and well thought out plan for getting shredded? Did you think green skittles would be spilling over in your account based on your diet putting together greatness? It looks like you just ripped a page out of a 90's Flex magazine and scanned it for us. Why not do what everyone else does and either put this in a journal or the nutrition section? (you think we are tough here, hardcore is the nutrition section) Anyway, I wish you get to where you want to, just chill.

freebirdmac
02-01-2012, 03:46 AM
normal. thank you for asking. How's ur health? and why do you want to know mine?

Because your age and weight would indicate otherwise and that should be factored into diet.

CardinalRB34
02-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Because your age and weight would indicate otherwise and that should be factored into diet.

ur right. Even when I'm leaner.. my BMI says I'm still morbidly obese. I know I carry a lot of weight. I do get a COMPLETE blood profile panel done every 6 months. The only time my LDL, triglycerides, and blood pressure are high is when I go through a phase when I don't watch the types of food I'm consuming. Funny that this is mentioned... When I come off my diets.. I still train, thought not as intense, but my total caloric intake is lower than what I'm doing with this diet on a daily average, but I end up putting on bodyfat. That's why I'm so convinced that it's not a simple equation. I eat less calories... I get fatter. I eat more with clean food... I get leaner, maintain all my lean body mass, might actually gain some muscle, actually get stronger, etc...

I remember thinking the same thing as some of you guys. How the hell can Kai, branch, and Jay eat all that food and lean up!?!?!? They put my eating to shame.

CardinalRB34
02-01-2012, 08:56 AM
Soccer? I am Canadian, I hate soccer. Never played it in my life. While I love Lou, I also know his big toe is greater then I will ever be. What did you think was going to happen when you posted 'critique my diet'? Did you think we would all fall over our computers and gush at the greatest of it all? Did you think we would all ask how you put together such a well executed and well thought out plan for getting shredded? Did you think green skittles would be spilling over in your account based on your diet putting together greatness? It looks like you just ripped a page out of a 90's Flex magazine and scanned it for us. Why not do what everyone else does and either put this in a journal or the nutrition section? (you think we are tough here, hardcore is the nutrition section) Anyway, I wish you get to where you want to, just chill.

bro. all I ever wanted to do was share my opinions with a bunch of you and particularly any of the newbies. My OPINIONS are very different to a lot of opinions being shared here. It's just something to stimulate thought and give some OTHERS a different perspective. What gets me off is the accusations being thrown my way. If you knew in person... you'd know my hearts intentions. I'll give you what you all want at the end of March... my before and after pics will be posted. Hopefully I won't let you down. hahahahaha..

freebirdmac
02-01-2012, 09:10 AM
ur right. Even when I'm leaner.. my BMI says I'm still morbidly obese. I know I carry a lot of weight. I do get a COMPLETE blood profile panel done every 6 months. The only time my LDL, triglycerides, and blood pressure are high is when I go through a phase when I don't watch the types of food I'm consuming. Funny that this is mentioned... When I come off my diets.. I still train, thought not as intense, but my total caloric intake is lower than what I'm doing with this diet on a daily average, but I end up putting on bodyfat. That's why I'm so convinced that it's not a simple equation. I eat less calories... I get fatter. I eat more with clean food... I get leaner, maintain all my lean body mass, might actually gain some muscle, actually get stronger, etc...

I remember thinking the same thing as some of you guys. How the hell can Kai, branch, and Jay eat all that food and lean up!?!?!? They put my eating to shame.

We all know you can ignore BMI. It's a rotten metric but it's the best thing doctors have with expensive dexascan testing.

There's no way you can gain body fat on fewer calories. You can however puff up from increasing carbs and getting the associated water bloat and refilling of glycogen stores. Also, you may have food sensitivities that you're not aware of.

CardinalRB34
02-01-2012, 09:22 AM
We all know you can ignore BMI. It's a rotten metric but it's the best thing doctors have with expensive dexascan testing.

There's no way you can gain body fat on fewer calories. You can however puff up from increasing carbs and getting the associated water bloat and refilling of glycogen stores. Also, you may have food sensitivities that you're not aware of.

I'm at my all time fattest as of a month ago. I was eating way LESS calories than what I'm eating now. I agree that water retention, stomach bloat is associated, but bodyfat is bodyfat. There's no sugar coating it. The only explanation of fewer calories leading to more bodyfat, and more calories leading to muscle gains and bodyfat loss is - the types of foods we choose. TEF, insulin release, whatever!?!??! but the equation is not just about the calorie amount.

OutOfStep
02-01-2012, 09:39 AM
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv288/rpa4745/Things-We-Used-to-Believe--.jpg

induced_drag
02-01-2012, 10:59 AM
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv288/rpa4745/Things-We-Used-to-Believe--.jpg

Yes.....I would respond in more detail, but I am working though 5 sets of 1000 crunches so I can get super ripped abs. :)

Smokedduck
02-01-2012, 11:31 AM
I cant believe i just wasted 10-15 minutes of my life reading this thread.

induced_drag
02-01-2012, 11:36 AM

Yea....but now you know all the secrets of Kai, Branch, and Jay !

ljimd
02-01-2012, 11:56 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^ Tip of the iceberg.

CardinalRB34
02-01-2012, 12:56 PM
gettin blasted by guys who are an average of 175 pounds. priceless... hahahahaha.... for the 2 of you with respectable size and strength - your opinions matter.

ArchAngel'73
02-01-2012, 12:57 PM
I remember thinking the same thing as some of you guys. How the hell can Kai, branch, and Jay eat all that food and lean up!?!?!?

Except for Jay, many here have no idea who you're even talking about.;)

dude... in all seriousness. Alan is a knowledgeable guy.. no doubt. So is Farah, Glass, Nichols, Hany, Fak - they are the best of the best.

Glass is a PT, not a prep coach.
Farah, Hany, and Fak have absolutely NO academic credientials.
They all have experience, Farah's bullet wounds alone earn my respect but ALL of them bring COMPETITIVE UNTESTED PROFESSIONAL or damn close to becoming UNTESTED PROFESSIONAL bodybuilders to the stage, that is their specialty.

On the other hand you have Dr. Layne Norton, Alan Aragorn, and Dr. Joe Klemczewski with academic credentials.
All specialize in TESTED ATHLETES, usually amateurs, and help make them the best they can be, not just for the stage.
-and they don't charge 5-10k/show.

You have the wrong audience in the over 35.
We tend to be nattie folks and tend not to be fans of the IFBB.

You spout off a lot of names in the professional bodybuilding industry...why don't you go over the Muscular Development's website and go and talk to Hany, Fak, Glass, and Farah in person.
Ask them what they think of your diet, get input from those professionals you admire so much.

See if your stuff holds water.

Go ahead...

I dare ya.

I'll be watching for you to get owned there too.

induced_drag
02-01-2012, 01:22 PM
gettin blasted by guys who are an average of 175 pounds. priceless... hahahahaha.... for the 2 of you with respectable size and strength - your opinions matter.

To be honest, without the use of substances we can't speak of here, at your height, 5'7", 175 in contest shape is very good good. Hell, Frank Zane (2" taller, 5'9") was 185 for his contest weight. Now with the use of compounds, yea....it makes natties look small by comparison.

As ArchAngel said, the vast majority of the >35 section are natural guys. Dont crap on people that have chosen not to use. There are many guys on here who have done awesome things with what god gave them...and that is it.

When training naturally, diet and nutrition is even MORE important. This is where the SCIENCE part comes in.

TenThreeFive
02-01-2012, 02:17 PM

Anyone can get fat, that's easy. Most guys that are big are also fat. Been there done that and its not for me, I feel much sexier being cut. I can't wait until I get to 165, I am going to be aesthetic and sexy as fuuuuuurck.

freebirdmac
02-01-2012, 03:26 PM
I'm at my all time fattest as of a month ago. I was eating way LESS calories than what I'm eating now. I agree that water retention, stomach bloat is associated, but bodyfat is bodyfat. There's no sugar coating it. The only explanation of fewer calories leading to more bodyfat, and more calories leading to muscle gains and bodyfat loss is - the types of foods we choose. TEF, insulin release, whatever!?!??! but the equation is not just about the calorie amount.

The only time we see fat loss stalled and restarted with calorie increases is when someone had been at too large of a deficit for way too long. Long term under eaters would also see fat gains with slight increases in calories which is why they never ate more. Until we got them to push past that point. Somehow, I doubt that's the case with you. But whatever. We see these type of explanations all the time and sans a hidden medical condition it's always calories when we dig deep enough.

bustasinclair
02-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Here's my diet: (notsrs)

Bodybuilding Diet

Meal 1 (7 AM)
1 cup of dry oats mixed with water
1 cup of egg beaters

Meal 2 (9 AM)
Meal replacement packet mixed with water or

a protein powder (with around 40 grams of protein) mixed with 40 grams of carbs from cream of rice, grits, or oatmeal.
1 Tablespoon of Flaxseed Oil (Spectrum brand is best)

Meal 3 (12 Noon)
1 cup of brown rice, or medium sized baked potato, or 1 cup of oatmeal
2 cups of green beans, broc**** or any other desired vegetable
6-8 ounces of chicken, turkey, or lean fish

Meal 4 (3 PM)
Same as Meal 2

Meal 5 (6 PM)
1 cup of brown rice, or medium sized baked potato, or 1 cup of oatmeal

Meal 6 (8 PM)
Same as Meal 2

Piece of advice: If you're truly not trolling and want ppl to take you seriously--then post a damn picture.....it's not that hard to blur out your face if you're shy. Personally I don't think you're serious, but whatever. Enjoy your trolling man!

CardinalRB34
02-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Here's my diet: (notsrs)

Piece of advice: If you're truly not trolling and want ppl to take you seriously--then post a damn picture.....it's not that hard to blur out your face if you're shy. Personally I don't think you're serious, but whatever. Enjoy your trolling man!

so. our diet philosophies are the same with the types of food we ingest. The only difference is the quantities. This is my starting point. When a wall is hit, I may cut back on carbs or cycle them. Glad to see another brother choose his foods wisely to get lean. All this BS started when a few people were telling a newbie that it basically doesn't matter what type of food he eats.. all that matters is calorie total and Macro ratio. When I shared a different opinion - stating that food choices matter... and explained why... people here went bananas. Do you feel your food selection matters when it comes to getting ripped? You look great BTW!!

Can all of you give me until the end of my transformation March 30th to post before and after pics. If I look like sh!t.. I will leave this place alone.

Sorry for my latest comments... I've been blasted by guys 160 pounds here telling me it's senseless to eat like this. When I started changing my eating habits is when I grew from a competition weight of about 175 ish... now competing at over 210 pounds.

Make as many accusations as you want... FOOD IS the MOST anabolic SUBSTANCE on the PLANET. It's easy to blame another mans success on substances rather than to acknowledge he has lifted and has eaten a lot harder and smarter than most of you. I'm sharing this sh!t with you guys. I guarantee you... if you spoke to a "guru" they would tell most of you that you're eating too much Sh!t... and you're not eating nearly enough good food. I'm guessing most of us want to be bigger, leaner, and stronger... if you don't... then ignore my posts. Just trying to share the truth. later.

TenThreeFive
02-01-2012, 08:38 PM
so. our diet philosophies are the same with the types of food we ingest. The only difference is the quantities. This is my starting point. When a wall is hit, I may cut back on carbs or cycle them. Glad to see another brother choose his foods wisely to get lean. All this BS started when a few people were telling a newbie that it basically doesn't matter what type of food he eats.. all that matters is calorie total and Macro ratio. When I shared a different opinion - stating that food choices matter... and explained why... people here went bananas. Do you feel your food selection matters when it comes to getting ripped? You look great BTW!!

Can all of you give me until the end of my transformation March 30th to post before and after pics. If I look like sh!t.. I will leave this place alone.

Sorry for my latest comments... I've been blasted by guys 160 pounds here telling me it's senseless to eat like this. When I started changing my eating habits is when I grew from a competition weight of about 175 ish... now competing at over 210 pounds.

Make as many accusations as you want... FOOD IS the MOST anabolic SUBSTANCE on the PLANET. It's easy to blame another mans success on substances rather than to acknowledge he has lifted and has eaten a lot harder and smarter than most of you. I'm sharing this sh!t with you guys. I guarantee you... if you spoke to a "guru" they would tell most of you that you're eating too much Sh!t... and you're not eating nearly enough good food. I'm guessing most of us want to be bigger, leaner, and stronger... if you don't... then ignore my posts. Just trying to share the truth. later.

Haha, what part of (notsrs) did you not get? And you competed at over 210 pounds is laughable. Not one single picture to prove it huh. Most people who are fat like you think they have more muscle then they really do. Then if they actually learn how to diet properly they find out the truth.

FOOD IS the MOST anabolic SUBSTANCE on the PLANET
This would have a better affect if you bolded like this. FOOD is the most ANABOLIC substance on the planet.

CardinalRB34
02-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Haha, what part of (notsrs) did you not get? And you competed at over 210 pounds is laughable. Not one single picture to prove it huh. Most people who are fat like you think they have more muscle then they really do. Then if they actually learn how to diet properly they find out the truth.

This would have a better affect if you bolded like this. FOOD is the most ANABOLIC substance on the planet.

where do you get off making fun of fat people? I have plenty of comp pics @sshole!! Why do I have to share every bit of my personal life with you!?!?!? I like to have some privacy... especially on a forum with creeps such as you and that old gay guy.

Prove that pic is actually you. Let me see a pic of your photo ID right next to it. I don't care if it's you or not.... but why would you post a pic of a twelve year old and say that's you!?!?! that's just creepy. I have plenty of pics posted in some of my PERSONAL chat and networking places... not this place. Even if I posted pics - you jerkoffs would find something negative to say... or make false accusations. I've already subjected myself to your abuse. for what!?!?!? what the hell did I do to you!?!? All I did was try to help a newbie... while idiots like you told him to eat Big Macs to lose weight as long as he stayed within his calorie range for the day. Then you babble out the oldest fallacy in the world of bodybuilding - "calories in vs. calories out." There's sooo much more to it than that... I share these theories and opinions then you, some old guy, and some other guy with rage wants to blast my opinions. You all want to discover my true identity.. hahahahah.. What kind of creeps are you guys!?!?!? I'm not into this sausage fest you all are trying to arrange. Screen somebody else. Can you or can't you wait until my transformation is over dip sh!t!?!? COme on man. Call me fat... I could break you. hahahahaha..

CardinalRB34
02-01-2012, 11:04 PM
BTW. what the hell is wrong with my profile pic I have!?!?! It's less than 18 months ago. Were all of your pics taken yesterday!?!? hahahaha.. I happen to love this pic with my daughter. In this pic I'm 235 ish at about 14% and I have certainly gotten bigger and leaner since then until my injury. How is my jargon sooo unbelievable for all of you!?!??! there's a pic ^^ right there!! half you others talk sh!t but don't show your face - who's hiding something?? I put a face behind it... and I get accused of hiding!?!?!?! If I was trolling - I'd be advertising everything. But I'm keeping some privacy... so how do you guys get off calling me a troller!?!?!?

CardinalRB34
02-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Then if they actually learn how to diet properly they find out the truth.

diet properly by your advice? eat a big mac, eat what you want as long as your within your calorie range... that's some BS right there bro. Do your diet - you'll drop to 165, but you'll lose mostly muscle. yeah... that's smart.

TenThreeFive
02-01-2012, 11:27 PM
where do you get off making fun of fat people? I have plenty of comp pics @sshole!! Why do I have to share every bit of my personal life with you!?!?!? I like to have some privacy... especially on a forum with creeps such as you and that old gay guy. I never made fun of fat people. You called yourself fat, but I have never heard Iron call himself gay.

I could break you. hahahahaha..Probably, but I don't anticipate having to duel you any time soon.
You need to relax a bit, you are too high strung. This extra energy you are expending on typing your defense so furiously must be good for a burning calories I would imagine.

BrotherWolf
02-01-2012, 11:39 PM
diet properly by your advice? eat a big mac, eat what you want as long as your within your calorie range... that's some BS right there bro. Do your diet - you'll drop to 165, but you'll lose mostly muscle. yeah... that's smart.

why would a big mac be worse than anything else with equal nutritional values ??
and I am speaking strictly fat gain/loss

Big Mac
Serving size 1 sandwich
Energy 540 kcal (2,300 kJ)
Carbohydrates 47 g (16%)
- Sugars 8 g
- Dietary fiber 3 g (14%)
Fat 30 g (47%)
- saturated 10 g (52%)
Protein 25 g (45%)
Vitamin A 120 IU
Vitamin C 2 mg (2%)
Calcium 250 mg (25%)
Iron 2 mg (15%)
Sodium 1010 mg (67%)
Energy from fat 270 kcal (1,100 kJ)

Meal 5 (6 PM)
1 cup of brown rice,
that breaks down like this

calories 853
carbs 101.5gr
Fat 11.7
proteins 81.5

Your meal #5
has 300 more calories
more than double the carbs
more proteins (the patties in the big mac are 1.6oz each so total 3.2oz of meat)
and the the only thing that the big mac beats your meal at
is the total fat because saturated fat is only 11gr
and that is without counting whatever added fat you use to cook the chicken,veggies & rice in your meal
the other macros are irrelevant to weight gain/loss

looks to me that a big mac and some vegetables is not that bad of a meal and has a place in any diet whether you're cutting, bulking maintaining
matter of fact, if you are trying to watch your carbs the big mac is a better choice

TenThreeFive
02-01-2012, 11:43 PM
matter of fact, if you are trying to watch your carbs the big mac is a better choice

I lol'd, best line ever.

OutOfStep
02-02-2012, 12:06 AM
where do you get off making fun of fat people? I have plenty of comp pics @sshole!! Why do I have to share every bit of my personal life with you!?!?!? I like to have some privacy... especially on a forum with creeps such as you and that old gay guy.

Prove that pic is actually you. Let me see a pic of your photo ID right next to it. I don't care if it's you or not.... but why would you post a pic of a twelve year old and say that's you!?!?! that's just creepy. I have plenty of pics posted in some of my PERSONAL chat and networking places... not this place. Even if I posted pics - you jerkoffs would find something negative to say... or make false accusations. I've already subjected myself to your abuse. for what!?!?!? what the hell did I do to you!?!? All I did was try to help a newbie... while idiots like you told him to eat Big Macs to lose weight as long as he stayed within his calorie range for the day. Then you babble out the oldest fallacy in the world of bodybuilding - "calories in vs. calories out." There's sooo much more to it than that... I share these theories and opinions then you, some old guy, and some other guy with rage wants to blast my opinions. You all want to discover my true identity.. hahahahah.. What kind of creeps are you guys!?!?!? I'm not into this sausage fest you all are trying to arrange. Screen somebody else. Can you or can't you wait until my transformation is over dip sh!t!?!? COme on man. Call me fat... I could break you. hahahahaha..

BTW. what the hell is wrong with my profile pic I have!?!?! It's less than 18 months ago. Were all of your pics taken yesterday!?!? hahahaha.. I happen to love this pic with my daughter. In this pic I'm 235 ish at about 14% and I have certainly gotten bigger and leaner since then until my injury. How is my jargon sooo unbelievable for all of you!?!??! there's a pic ^^ right there!! half you others talk sh!t but don't show your face - who's hiding something?? I put a face behind it... and I get accused of hiding!?!?!?! If I was trolling - I'd be advertising everything. But I'm keeping some privacy... so how do you guys get off calling me a troller!?!?!?

Watch those cortisol levels bro you don't want to go catabolic.

CardinalRB34
02-02-2012, 12:08 AM
why does everyone here think that a carb is a carb. All Carbs are not the same. all fats are not the same either. Quality of protein isn't an issue either!?!? does no one here believe that some foods store more readily as bodyfat than other foods!?!?!? This place has gone insane!! hahahaahaha.. oh great. I give up. Maybe the 2 of you can get away with throwing junk in your diets, but I have tried that method too - and it won't work for me. I gotta keep it clean if I want to lose fat efficiently. you're both already lean... Imagine how much more ripped you'd both be!?!?!? dammm... you'd both be sliced. I give on trying to convert any of you or influencing any newbies. hahahahaah.. I give the frick up. later. hahahaha

CardinalRB34
02-02-2012, 12:09 AM
Watch those cortisol levels bro you don't want to go catabolic.

finally - we agree on something!!!!! thank you!! hahahahaha

JerryB
02-02-2012, 12:22 AM
Why do people post the details of their diet? Do we care?

-=FLEX=-
02-02-2012, 07:02 AM
I give up.

Promise?

Corbi
02-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Go through the depression I went through with this neck issue... then talk.

get the fuk over it already, plenty of us here have gone thru our share of $hit, ID almost died in a plane crash, BH was crippled in an accident as was DD, I had open heart surgery yet we all sucked it up and aren't using that crap as an excuse for anything.

BTW. what the hell is wrong with my profile pic I have!?!?! It's less than 18 months ago. Were all of your pics taken yesterday!?!? hahahaha.. I happen to love this pic with my daughter. In this pic I'm 235 ish at about 14% and I have certainly gotten bigger and leaner since then until my injury.

14% BF? laughable at best.

Why do people post the details of their diet? Do we care?

I don't and wouldn't spend 2 seconds reading or critiquing it.

discdoggie
02-02-2012, 02:06 PM
get the fuk over it already, plenty of us here have gone thru our share of $hit, ID almost died in a plane crash, BH was crippled in an accident as was DD, I had open heart surgery yet we all sucked it up and aren't using that crap as an excuse for anything.

Well, to be fair, I did kinda use it as an excuse when that dude who was boohoo-ing about us critquing his gf's pullup form told me my lat development is unbalanced. :D

induced_drag
02-02-2012, 02:29 PM
. Go through the depression I went through with this neck issue... then talk.

Corbi.... I missed that one.

Yes....I guess we can talk now :). Suffered a broken neck along with a brain injury 3 years ago. The broken neck was the easy part,...hell I just had to lay around isolated in a brace 24/7 for 12 weeks. Lost 30 lbs during that time. The brain injury was much more difficult to deal with. Amnesia, short term memory problems.....personality changes... Thought I had just about recovered, but a recent physical and bloodwork shows I am not out of the woods. The brain injury has caused hormonal issues which explain a lot of difficult issues I have been dealing with. In short, it has left me hypogonadal with a free test level below the bottom of the scale.

See lots of us with issues around here....we are a motley bunch for sure! ;)

I still cant figure you out man....but to be honest, there really is no way to tell you this other then your ideas you hold so true to are outdated and wrong on so many levels. I am sorry....just no other way to say it.

CardinalRB34
02-04-2012, 08:02 PM
@ Corbi ^^ not using it as an excuse or sympathy. My surgery was a little over a month ago... the dudes keep badgering me to post a VERY UPDATED PIC. I give my reasons of being embarrassed of my CURRENT physique... and I get provoked or I get more accusations thrown at me. ANd because of that judgment I was getting - I threw out those words. If you've been out of the gym for 6 months and WERE depressed, fattened up a bit - would you post those pics!?!?! And trust me - I will post those pics WHEN i have my after pic to go with it.

SOme of you have been respectful but in reality... is this bodybuilding.com or basheveryone.com?? most of you guys are pathetic. THis should be a place of encouragement or constructive criticism... go bash people face to face like you would here. That takes a whole other set of balls.... which I highly doubt any of you have. It's coward to sit behind a computer and talk sh!t about other people. All I asked for was a critique.

And for those that wonder why anyone would post the details of a diet... more or less... it's for the newbie's that could use a few samples to look at. TO give them some insight or a reference. Not only would they have my sample, they would've had some of your insightful critiques or what works good for you. I did get one other diet sample.. thank you for that.

ANd for those that think my ideas and methods are inferior... they might or might not be. But I'm telling some of you - this type of eating was the difference of how big I used to be to compared to how big I have gotten. Again... I used to be 170-180 too. Wait until my after pics.

OutOfStep
02-05-2012, 05:19 AM
So what does your training and cardio look like right now? Maybe we can all find some common ground there. The diet thing has been beaten to death.

ljimd
02-05-2012, 06:14 AM
SOme of you have been respectful but in reality... is this bodybuilding.com or basheveryone.com?? most of you guys are pathetic. THis should be a place of encouragement or constructive criticism... go bash people face to face like you would here. That takes a whole other set of balls.... which I highly doubt any of you have. It's coward to sit behind a computer and talk sh!t about other people. All I asked for was a critique.

^^^^^^^^^^^ Agree with you here. I wish you a speedy recovery and success with your comeback. I don't agree with all your dietary ideas, but some of them I do.

TenThreeFive
02-05-2012, 06:30 AM
So what does your training and cardio look like right now? Maybe we can all find some common ground there. The diet thing has been beaten to death.Hahaha, opening a can of worms.

Corbi
02-05-2012, 07:03 AM
most of you guys are pathetic. That takes a whole other set of balls.... which I highly doubt any of you have.

^^^^Not helping the situation at all.

bustasinclair
02-05-2012, 08:19 AM
the dudes keep badgering me to post a VERY UPDATED PIC. I give my reasons of being embarrassed of my CURRENT physique... and I get provoked or I get more accusations thrown at me.

This place is a very encouraging place when you introduce yourself properly. Youredoingitwrong

Here's the sloppy pic I posted during my first week on the boards.....at that time I was very new to the world of bodybuilding and with the assistance of people on this site and doing alot of research on my own, I was able to succeed at attaining a physique I could bring to the stage and be proud of--granted I'm still a relatively small guy.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt108/bustasinclair/015-1.jpg

Here's November 2010

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt108/bustasinclair/RSFP--00000290.jpg

Guinea-pig
02-05-2012, 08:20 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^ agree with you here. I wish you a speedy recovery and success with your comeback. I don't agree with all your dietary ideas, but some of them i do.

x-2

ljimd
02-05-2012, 09:41 AM
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt108/bustasinclair/RSFP--00000290.jpg

Damn I'm jelly.

CardinalRB34
02-05-2012, 03:39 PM
^^ dammm bro. great transformation!! I didn't know there was a proper way of introducing yourself. I guess the difference was - my experience... I wanted to share that with everyone here. I did.. and I got scrutinized. But looking back now... I would've done it differently. Maybe another difference is people were more respectful when you joined up too.. hahahahaha..

CardinalRB34
02-05-2012, 03:45 PM
So what does your training and cardio look like right now? Maybe we can all find some common ground there. The diet thing has been beaten to death.

adding some cardio starting this week. 4-5 days first thing in the morning, low intensity at 30 minutes. I'm lifting at about 30-40% intensity still recovering from my injuries. I usually lift 5 days a week around 1:30 after I get at least 2 meals in me. Here's my split:

Monday - BACK, light bi's
Tuesday - CHEST, light tri's
Wednesday - QUADS, HAMS
Thursday - SHOULDERS, CALVES
Friday - BI's, TRI's, ABS

As I progress I will probably add SAT. which will be HAMS. and QUADS alone will be done on wed.