PDA

View Full Version : gaing size at 48

adkenzo
01-31-2012, 02:03 AM
hey guys my uncle is 48 this year leads an ctive enough lifestyle ans is aerobicly fit , hes currently around 203 lbs at about 5'10. he has a bit of a gut that he is trying to lose but wants to build up upper body like arms , shoulders etc , what results would you expect to notice in three months if he started tomoro or would it take longer to even notice gains at this age , was wondering what info you guys may have that could help thanks

dazlittle
01-31-2012, 02:15 AM
I started 2 years ago and expect to invest a minimum of 5 years before I get anywhere near where I want to. Even at that point I'm 100% sure I'll still be striving to add more muscle. That said I am 11 years younger than your uncle.

Just tell him to get started on a good solid beginners routine, ensure his nutrition is in check and he's getting plenty of rest.

mrmrbill
01-31-2012, 02:25 AM
hey guys my uncle is 48 this year leads an ctive enough lifestyle ans is aerobicly fit , hes currently around 203 lbs at about 5'10. he has a bit of a gut that he is trying to lose but wants to build up upper body like arms , shoulders etc , what results would you expect to notice in three months if he started tomoro or would it take longer to even notice gains at this age...

Did a major recomposition last May (at 46). First 3 months went from about 200-210 to 170. The fat loss gave the appearance of more muscle even though I picked up little actual LBM in that initial period. Poor training decisions on my part limited that initial period to maybe 2-4lbs LBM gain. Depending on the type of training he chooses, he could get better LBM gains than I did but it will still be slow. Whatever the result, he'll look and feel considerably better dropping the tire.

adkenzo
01-31-2012, 07:14 AM
thanks a lot for the feed back men was exactly what i was lookin for

2nd_chance
01-31-2012, 07:50 AM
First pic when I started at almost 46...

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Super_2nd_Chance/IMG_8463-4-1.jpg

-=FLEX=-
01-31-2012, 07:59 AM
what results would you expect to notice in three months if he started tomoro or would it take longer to even notice gains at this age

If he started what tomorrow?

You've given no info and therefore won't get any meaningful feedback. Maybe get your uncle to come on here and post his planned routine and diet as a start...

Because right now this thread is pointless.

Some people are very successful at bodybuilding in their 40's, and others go nowhere.

adkenzo
01-31-2012, 09:54 AM
If he started what tomorrow?

You've given no info and therefore won't get any meaningful feedback. Maybe get your uncle to come on here and post his planned routine and diet as a start...

Because right now this thread is pointless.

Some people are very successful at bodybuilding in their 40's, and others go nowhere.

yea i know what you mean now i was basically lookin for sucess stories

MadJasper
01-31-2012, 10:38 AM
Still blows my mind. (no homo)

First pic when I started at almost 46...

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Super_2nd_Chance/IMG_8463-4-1.jpg

ironwill2008
01-31-2012, 11:23 AM
yea i know what you mean now i was basically lookin for sucess stories

If that's what you're after, have a look through the O35 Workout Journals forum.

-=FLEX=-
01-31-2012, 11:28 AM
If that's what you're after, have a look through the O35 Workout Journals forum.

And start with his ^^^ :)