PDA

View Full Version : Legs recovery time

11201ny
01-30-2012, 07:47 AM
Does anyone know the general amount of time it takes for the legs to recover after a squat routine? I am a bicyclist, and have recently incorporated squats into my lifting routine. Since I do ride a fair amount I keep my squat routine simple & effective. For instance, my last routine consisted of 6 sets of strict squats, starting at 135lbs (20 reps) and ending at 225 (8 reps). I am still relatively new to squatting (4 months), so I am still figuring it out. Outside of that, I'm sure that most people would go with 4 - 10 reps for strength & size. My legs are already huge so I do not want any more size.

My legs days have been Tuesdays & Fridays. I do squats & calve extensions. My (made up) theory has been that because all I do is 6 sets of squats, I can do this workout twice a week (give or take how my legs feel).

Any recommendations?

ironwill2008
01-30-2012, 07:55 AM
My legs are already huge so I do not want any more size.

Any recommendations?

From what you've posted, it sounds like you know what you're doing, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

mp9750
01-30-2012, 08:22 AM
Everyone is different. I do legs (heavy squats and Deadlifts) 3 times a week and i play competitive soccer with 2 solid games a week - and i can still run at the end of the week. In the summer as i play even more soccer, i workout my legs a bit less otherwise i'll be too tired. So really i suggest you experiment and do what works for you. There is no single recommendation. HTH.

OutOfStep
01-30-2012, 09:42 AM
My legs are already huge so I do not want any more size.

:rolleyes:

5'7" & 150 lbs. I think you need to look up the definition of the word huge. Do you realize you are on a bodybuilding website?

11201ny
01-30-2012, 12:54 PM
:rolleyes:

5'7" & 150 lbs. I think you need to look up the definition of the word huge. Do you realize you are on a bodybuilding website?

Just so you can understand the words written on this site, the word huge is relative, as well as objective.