PDA

View Full Version : Losing 60 lbs. got me back into snowboard jumping shape after 25 years (pic)

highiso
01-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Went boarding the other night for 5 hours straight after 25 years away from the slopes. Not a single bit of soreness the following day. However, I did do my squat workout the day before I went. Some runs it felt as though my quads were bleeding on the inside, lol. I am 15 again and it feels great!!!

http://i.imgur.com/FW4qw.jpg

Whatanejit
01-28-2012, 01:11 AM
Great pic and congrats on feeling so good :)

painthappy
01-28-2012, 09:26 AM
60 lbs??!! That's great!

I can second this... I've been skiing every year, but last season was ~ 30 lbs heavier. Hit a jump, and the landing was more than solid. I fell down most of the time on the landings.

Now that I'm lighter, and can actually "squat" something, my legs can fully take it and I'm back to doing some old tricks. Makes me feel like a teenager again.

67fastback
01-28-2012, 01:59 PM
Congratlations. Your comments bring back the meomory, of when I finally lost the big #.
You're a ball of energy. Keep eating good, and you can maintain a good energy level.

Just for fun, throw a couple of bags of cement on your shoulders, and walk for a bit. That's what you were carrying around!

bigtallox
01-28-2012, 02:45 PM
I love skiing, I live 10 minutes from the greatest snow on earth and ski around 60 days a year. Here, watch thi... it's me on my fat powder skis up at snowbird after about 20" of new snow fell the night before. Fresh tracks down Gad II in knee deep powder...

gUgPEHP2xf4

This one's pretty good too, May 2nd up at snowbird after 8 feet of snow in about 5 days. Man I miss my helmet cam

R5nKttdmkME

highiso
01-29-2012, 08:46 AM
Thats some awesome pow man & holy **** ive never seen someone 6'8", 345 on skis. Im sure you get all kinds of looks. Nice riding through them trees! Wish i lived where u do. Im really gonna get back into boarding, just ordered one, itll be here this week. How many months a year is Snowbird open?