PDA

View Full Version : Albany strength

Caracalla
01-27-2012, 06:18 AM
I know a few of you live in the Albany ny area. I am moving back to the area and I have some questions about albany strength. I belonged to the golds when I was there but I think I would like strength more. Would anyone chime in with opinions or we can pm. Thanks

Marius_Ursus
01-27-2012, 07:22 AM
I know a few of you live in the Albany ny area. I am moving back to the area and I have some questions about albany strength. I belonged to the golds when I was there but I think I would like strength more. Would anyone chime in with opinions or we can pm. Thanks

They're awesome.

GnomusMaximus
01-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Give a look a Cutting Edge fitness in Vatrano industrial park. I can honestly say if I lived anywhere near there I would be a member. If someone goes there and does not get seriously strong then it is their own darn fault. Seriously...it's that good.

erinlee01
01-27-2012, 12:17 PM
They're awesome.

Haven't been there, but I have heard this. ^^^^

GnomusMaximus
01-27-2012, 02:20 PM
While on the subject of Albany. We're doing a Highland Games in town on May 12. 9 events, not a whole festival, just us heavy guys. Three Bears will be setting up there for food.

BrotherWolf
01-27-2012, 08:16 PM
While on the subject of Albany. We're doing a Highland Games in town on May 12. 9 events, not a whole festival, just us heavy guys. Three Bears will be setting up there for food.
keep me posted I'll be there...

BrotherWolf
01-27-2012, 08:20 PM

Although I've never been in there I know they are great
also I'll be there for a USAPL meet on April 28th well I haven't sent in the paperwork but I will soon...

Marius would be fun if you did it too

BROLZ
01-28-2012, 03:22 PM
That place is ideal. The name says it all. Pus they just put in a lot of new equipment.

Marius_Ursus
01-30-2012, 08:07 AM

May 12th? I might be able to compete at that one.

BrotherWolf
01-30-2012, 08:19 AM
May 12th? I might be able to compete at that one.

what are the events?

GnomusMaximus
01-30-2012, 08:42 AM
9 events: Open Stone (shotput with a 16# stone), Braemar Stone (standing shot with a 22# stone), Heavy (42# or 56#) Weight for Distance, Light (28#) Weight for Distance, Heavy and Light Hammers (22# and 16#), Sheaf Toss (I frikken hate sheaf....it is stuuuuuuupid), Caber (flip very big stick), and Weight over Bar (again 56 or 42# depending on the class). If we have some time Corey Clark will probably bring some strongman toys to play with.

BrotherWolf
01-30-2012, 08:58 AM
9 events: Open Stone (shotput with a 16# stone), Braemar Stone (standing shot with a 22# stone), Heavy (42# or 56#) Weight for Distance, Light (28#) Weight for Distance, Heavy and Light Hammers (22# and 16#), Sheaf Toss (I frikken hate sheaf....it is stuuuuuuupid), Caber (flip very big stick), and Weight over Bar (again 56 or 42# depending on the class). If we have some time Corey Clark will probably bring some strongman toys to play with.

mhhh.. can I compete too ?? sounds like fun

Marius_Ursus
01-30-2012, 09:02 AM

Is this one going to be in Tivoli Park again?

erinlee01
01-30-2012, 10:37 AM
I marked the date on my calendar. I'd like to go watch.

GnomusMaximus
01-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Yep it will be in Tivoli park. The ghetto Highland Games. Wolf I'll get you the email of the guy running the show. Marius I think you already have it but will do it again. Expect a PM from me later this afternoon/evening. I'm pretty sure Jasen would welcome you guys. Actually I'm positive but I'll leave that to him. This games is very beginner friendly and really low key since it is not part of a festival. BW I have a spare kilt you can use, my waist is probably a good bit larger than yours, but we can make it work.

GnomusMaximus
01-30-2012, 10:41 AM
I marked the date on my calendar. I'd like to go watch.

ehhh...I've heard that one before...you better be there this time...and bring cookies....Highland Games guys love cookies....

Marius_Ursus
01-30-2012, 11:06 AM
Yep it will be in Tivoli park. The ghetto Highland Games. Wolf I'll get you the email of the guy running the show. Marius I think you already have it but will do it again. Expect a PM from me later this afternoon/evening. I'm pretty sure Jasen would welcome you guys. Actually I'm positive but I'll leave that to him. This games is very beginner friendly and really low key since it is not part of a festival. BW I have a spare kilt you can use, my waist is probably a good bit larger than yours, but we can make it work.

Above excellent.

I haven't gotten the e-mail on the games yet, so do please send it on to me. In the meantime I'll check out NASGA.

erinlee01
01-30-2012, 12:26 PM
ehhh...I've heard that one before...you better be there this time...and bring cookies....Highland Games guys love cookies....

Cookies - check!