pipios
01-26-2012, 06:53 PM
I got to the gym usually 5 days a week. My normal routine is:

M - Chest and Trapezius
T - Biceps,Triceps Abs
W - run between 30 - 55 minutes
T - Back and Shoulders
F - Legs

I have been working out for like 8 months and people have noticed the difference because I have bulked. My diet is usually like this during the week:

6:15am Morning 1 boiled egg, ham and cheese sandwich, 1 omega 3 pill, 1 500mg vitamin c and like 8 ounces of coffee with milk and sugar

9:00am a banana with peanuts

11:00 to 12:00 am any lunch, usually rice and beans and some chicken or meat

3:00 raisin bran with milk

5:00 GYM

after that I drink a shake of ON Whey Gold Standard with some milk, water and oats.

At night I just eat some stuff watching TV, some cookies, cheese, different stuff every time. On weekends I drink :-)

I am 35 and looking to bulk more but I am concerned about health. Should I add creaine to my diet ? For how long ? Even on non-workout days ?

Should I take more protein shakes ? I also tried jack3d once and felt like I was gonna die of a heart attack at night so I threw it away. Any other preworkout ? testosterone booster ? bcaas ?

I am asking because I think creatine is bad because it retains water, and don't know if it is healthy for my kidneys to eat too much protein. Also testosterone is supposed to be produced by my body and I don't know my levels.

Thanks in advance.

Tifflex
01-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Frankly, you should take a look at your diet before adding supplements as it's seriously lacking.

pipios
01-26-2012, 07:10 PM
Frankly, you should take a look at your diet before adding supplements as it's seriously lacking.

I know. I was not into bulking completely, just working out, but no I will add more chicken and meet. I just want to know if those things that I asked are healthy way of bulking.

Thanks

rand18m
01-26-2012, 07:12 PM

Listen to this advice^^

Go to the nutrition forum and read the stickies on how to calculate your energy needs and compose a proper diet. Then add 10-20% calories to the calculation you make determining your energy needs if you plan to bulk. Good luck!

bamazav
01-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Frankly, you should take a look at your diet before adding supplements as it's seriously lacking.This. You may have gotten leaner from under eating but I have a hard time seeing any bulking going on.

tsoden
01-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Agree with everyone... Your diet is not bad (but not great) until you work out..and then it falls apart. You need to realize that bodybuilding is 80% diet, and 20% lifting.

CardinalRB34
01-26-2012, 10:04 PM
you gotta eat to grow. ur probably eating half of what you should be eating to gain muscle.

add 4-5 more eggs to your breakfast

your 9:00 snack.. eat 2 servings of cottage cheese, 2 servings of fruit, and some almonds

lunch is fine... make sure you're getting around 8oz. of meat and eat plenty of that rice and beans

3:00 is ok... need some more protein here...

post workout is good. you could have a serving of fruit with that

late night... repeat either your 9:00 or your lunch.

good luck. eat more first.. then look at the product SIZE ON. it's the best product I have ever tried.

pipios
01-27-2012, 02:17 AM
This. You may have gotten leaner from under eating but I have a hard time seeing any bulking going on.

I used to only run so I was really skinny

pipios
01-27-2012, 05:23 AM
you gotta eat to grow. ur probably eating half of what you should be eating to gain muscle.

your 9:00 snack.. eat 2 servings of cottage cheese, 2 servings of fruit, and some almonds

lunch is fine... make sure you're getting around 8oz. of meat and eat plenty of that rice and beans

good luck. eat more first.. then look at the product SIZE ON. it's the best product I have ever tried.

4 or 5 eggs ? Whole eggs or removing the yolk ?

Any creatine or beta alanine ? Thanks fot your post

muttytwist
01-27-2012, 05:32 AM
4 or 5 eggs ? Whole eggs or removing the yolk ?

Any creatine or beta alanine ? Thanks fot your postI would go with whole eggs if trying to bulk. If you add in more beef you will get more creatine ( and protien). Cardinal gave some great advice and size on is a good product, but yuo need your diet in check first.

pipios
01-27-2012, 06:20 AM
I would go with whole eggs if trying to bulk. If you add in more beef you will get more creatine ( and protien). Cardinal gave some great advice and size on is a good product, but yuo need your diet in check first.

Thank you. I was just aking because I think 5 wholr eggs is too much cholesterol. Or not ?

tmonkey
01-27-2012, 06:42 AM
not sure if this is a diet thread or supp thread but if you are looking to add strength creatine is a great option - mono at 5g a day everyday

bamazav
01-27-2012, 07:14 AM
Thank you. I was just aking because I think 5 wholr eggs is too much cholesterol. Or not ?Myth.

muttytwist
01-27-2012, 07:27 AM
Thank you. I was just aking because I think 5 wholr eggs is too much cholesterol. Or not ?I eat 6 for breakfast every day and my colesterol is fine. Eggs have alot of good fat.

crupiea
01-27-2012, 08:08 AM
Why do you take those supplements? What do they really do for you? Are they worth the expense?

Ask yourself some of these questions and answer them honestly.

Fix your diet with food. cant go wrong with that and recipes are free.

pipios
01-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Why do you take those supplements? What do they really do for you? Are they worth the expense?

Ask yourself some of these questions and answer them honestly.

Fix your diet with food. cant go wrong with that and recipes are free.

Thankx

chodan9
01-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Should I take more protein shakes ?
only if you cant get enough protein from your diet, you may need to study up and find out how much that should be

I also tried jack3d once and felt like I was gonna die of a heart attack at night so I threw it away.

just as well, its not a bad sup but not everyone can tolerate its effects, makes me a bit nauseous

Any other preworkout ? testosterone booster ? bcaas ?
T booster not needed and generally not effective barring a couple of exceptions, and you should be getting plenty of bcaa's from your protein powder or meat.

I am asking because I think creatine is bad because it retains water, and don't know if it is healthy for my kidneys to eat too much protein.

these are old outdated notions, creatine doesnt cause water retention like most people think, it hydrates the muscle cells, but it doesn't cause subcutaneous water retention or bloating in most people. And the idea that excess protein causes damage to healthy kidneys was disproved in the 80's I think, yet the old wives tale about it still lingers to this day.

good luck man

pipios
01-29-2012, 06:20 AM
only if you cant get enough protein from your diet, you may need to study up and find out how much that should be

just as well, its not a bad sup but not everyone can tolerate its effects, makes me a bit nauseous

T booster not needed and generally not effective barring a couple of exceptions, and you should be getting plenty of bcaa's from your protein powder or meat.

these are old outdated notions, creatine doesnt cause water retention like most people think, it hydrates the muscle cells, but it doesn't cause subcutaneous water retention or bloating in most people. And the idea that excess protein causes damage to healthy kidneys was disproved in the 80's I think, yet the old wives tale about it still lingers to this day.

good luck man

Thanks my friend

powerlifter62
01-29-2012, 07:13 AM
I agree - creatine is far more beneficial and far more safe than you are giving it credit for. Don't take it if you are working out hard on restricted water (such as "sucking weight" for wrestling), but otherwise it is fine to take.

Smokedduck
01-29-2012, 01:41 PM

good luck. eat more first.. then look at the product SIZE ON. it's the best product I have ever tried.This

KingCarlisimo
01-29-2012, 02:15 PM
DHEA is great for over 30 age group.