PDA

View Full Version : I'm 38(in March) and I am a janitor. At least 7 hours of walking per day........

JanitorJimmy
01-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Greetings JJ here!

This is my first post.

I work as a janitor and I walk at least 7 hours a night and I als walk to work and the grocery store. I live in a very walkable area of my city. I walk everywhere.

How would this hurt me as it relates to gaining mass/muscle?

Thanks and look forward to being a active member.

ArchAngel'73
01-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Greetings JJ here!

This is my first post.

I work as a janitor and I walk at least 7 hours a night and I als walk to work and the grocery store. I live in a very walkable area of my city. I walk everywhere.

How would this hurt me as it relates to gaining mass/muscle?

Thanks and look forward to being a active member.

It won't hurt you one iota.

Just factor in your activity levels while making up your diet.
If you've even made 1 up?

Furthermore, if you will be doing cardio, do not confuse manual labor, yard nor house work with cardio.
Its not the same.

-=FLEX=-
01-26-2012, 04:43 PM
It won't hurt you one iota.

^^^ This.

When I was a young bodybuilder I was an order picker in a warehouse. I walked and lifted heavy boxes nonstop from 7am to 3pm every day, with only two 20 minute breaks.

At the end of the day I'd go to the gym and work out for 2 more hours.

I made sure I ate enough. That was it.

JanitorJimmy
01-28-2012, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the replies

securekey
01-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Having the energy after walking all day will be the hard part... A good night sleep and appropriate diet will go a long way.

cowboy778
01-28-2012, 09:28 PM
Welcome... I turn 38 in March as well and am in the Army I just make sure I eat enough and the right foods and I lift angry as my Soldiers tell me... Good luck...

JanitorJimmy
01-28-2012, 11:41 PM
Having the energy after walking all day will be the hard part... A good night sleep and appropriate diet will go a long way.

Great point but I work 2nd shift. I don't go in until 4pm. I could workout early in the morning before work and still have time to get a nice long nap in.

JanitorJimmy
01-28-2012, 11:42 PM
Welcome... I turn 38 in March as well and am in the Army I just make sure I eat enough and the right foods and I lift angry as my Soldiers tell me... Good luck...

Thanks for the reply and the military service.

March 26th here, what about you?