PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard would play in Boston

Crobroh
01-26-2012, 12:07 PM
Danny Ainge will undoubtedly put in a call to Team Dwight.

The question is whether he’ll answer.

“Always. Always,” Howard told the Herald. “I’d always listen to a team like that.

“My thing is I want to win. It’s not something like I’m doing this for money. I win. I want to do it my way.”

“The first thing is basketball,” he said. “I want to win a championship, and it takes a certain type of team to win a championship. You know, there’s a lot of teams who are great during the regular season. They play well, but it’s different once you play in those playoffs, you know? It’s gut-check time.

“Like I told the Magic, I just want to win. I don’t want a team that doesn’t know how you have to win in the playoffs. I want a team that’s going to go out every night and forget about stats, forget about who scores the most points or who is the fan favorite. Just go out and play, play for each other and play to win. That’s the only thing.”

“You know,” said Howard, “you look at a team like Boston and look at a team like LA who’s won . . . especially Boston. Man, those guys came together and they didn’t care who scored all the points. They had done all the individual stuff.

“You know, for me, I’ve done a lot of things individually, but I want a championship. All those accolades that I’ve got over the years, they mean a lot, but it’s just different watching teams hold up that trophy and knowing how hard you have to work to get it.

“They have the championship mentality,” he said of the Celts. “It means a lot. Like I said, I like the team. They play hard and they go after it, and that’s what I like.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1398798&format=text

Dwight is such a phaggot.

Brb your team is 12-5
Brb you want to "win" so you pick teams like the NETS LOL
Brb could of recruited allstars if you would stay
Brb talking sh*t about your teammates

Speaking on behalf of Magic fans brb this is how we feel

http://i.imgur.com/7N1rx.png

Corey_Ellis
01-26-2012, 12:13 PM
He's just posturing and being a politician.

He wouldn't really come to Boston. No reason to.

mag1c
01-26-2012, 12:17 PM
I don't see how you can possibly be mad at Dwight Howard. Yes, I understand he is a part of your franchise and you would wish that he would stay, however he has made it absolutely clear his goal is to win a championship. He has given the Magic plenty of time to assemble a team capable of winning a championship and they have not done so. Not only this, but he has made it clear that the Magic have spurned his input on potential personnel additions.

He is not holding the Magic hostage. He has made it clear to management that he will leave at the end of the season for a better team. Unlike another famous player named LeBron James who left the Cavaliers with absolutely nothing at the end of the season. He is not sitting around saying things like "I have a big goal, to win a championship here in Orlando, and I'm not going to stop until I do it."

This is not a hate on LeBron, this is a history lesson. Dwight has given all he has to the Magic and is putting them in the best position to be a contending team next season without sacrificing his personal goals in the future.

Get over it. Dwight is his own man and he has displayed nothing but class. He doesn't owe you anything.

forevercapone
01-26-2012, 12:17 PM
He's just posturing and being a politician.

He wouldn't really come to Boston. No reason to.

Dwight for Jermaine O'Neal

book it

Crobroh
01-26-2012, 12:27 PM
Name: mag1c

I don't see how you can possibly be mad at Dwight Howard. Yes, I understand he is a part of your franchise and you would wish that he would stay, however he has made it absolutely clear his goal is to win a championship..

He wants to win a championship yet asks to be taded to the Nets? Get real.

He has given the Magic plenty of time to assemble a team capable of winning a championship and they have not done so. Not only this, but he has made it clear that the Magic have spurned his input on potential personnel additions.

Otis is terrible, I'll give you that. Yet even with Otis the magic went to the Finals and ECF. Also Dwight just developed his offensive game in the last 2-3 years, lets not act like he was an offensive beast before that. Also, have you seen his personnel wishlist? LMAO. How about Anthony Morrow and Stephen Jackson.

He is not holding the Magic hostage. He has made it clear to management that he will leave at the end of the season for a better team. Unlike another famous player named LeBron James who left the Cavaliers with absolutely nothing at the end of the season. He is not sitting around saying things like "I have a big goal, to win a championship here in Orlando, and I'm not going to stop until I do it."

Actually, he said he might stay just a month ago: (http://cnsnews.com/news/article/rep-ron-paul-signs-personhood-pledge-reservations)

"There's no place I would rather be but here in Orlando," Howard said as he was surrounded by reporters and cameramen during the Magic's media day at Amway Center.

"And I just want to make sure that we have the right things here so we can win a championship. And I'm all about change. If you're willing to change and you're willing to do what it takes to win, then, you know, you've got me."

He is not sitting around saying things like "I have a big goal, to win a championship here in Orlando, and I'm not going to stop until I do it."

Troll confirmed

cantevenread
01-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Dwight is such a phaggot.

Brb your team is 12-5
Brb you want to "win" so you pick teams like the NETS LOL
Brb could of recruited allstars if you would stay
Brb talking sh*t about your teammates

Speaking on behalf of Magic fans brb this is how we feel

http://i.imgur.com/7N1rx.png

The Nets are a better team than the Magic without Howard.

So yeah, if he signs there after the post-season is over he would have a better team. Also he'd have a team that would draw attention to other supporting players that he couldn't get in Orlando.

So the team is only going to recruit all-stars AFTER they find out that he wants to be traded? They couldn't have done this the past 2 years while they were losing in the early rounds of the playoffs? Yeah, okay.

rafiki121
01-27-2012, 07:37 AM
dwight is leaving if he doesnt get back up soon!

Bowyermania
01-27-2012, 08:01 AM
No chance, superstar free agents just don't want to come to Boston. Boston has never signed a big name free agent ever.

dankydank
01-27-2012, 08:05 AM
no all stars can come to orlando since they cant pay them because of their massive amount of ****ty contracts
but the magic are a good team
i think if all their players are playing well they could get to the finals
but they play well maybe once in every 10 games
dwights surrounded by soft players whove proven they just fade away during important moments
just look at last years playoffs
dwight had like a 50/20 game and they lost
the one game they won was the game where jj reddick and a few other people actually contributed anything

Beliedat
01-27-2012, 08:07 AM
http://i.imgur.com/jMjsx.jpg

MtMostWanted
01-27-2012, 08:10 AM
No chance, superstar free agents just don't want to come to Boston. Boston has never signed a big name free agent ever.

Is this sarcasm? Kevin GarNett, Ray Allen

Bowyermania
01-27-2012, 08:15 AM
Is this sarcasm? Kevin GarNett, Ray Allen

Those were trades not free agents.

rafiki121
01-27-2012, 08:20 AM
Those were trades not free agents.

good point

efoi
01-27-2012, 08:26 AM
feels bad man

Corey_Ellis
01-27-2012, 08:36 AM

This man is correct.

The biggest free agent Boston has ever signed is arguably James Posey. How sad is that?