PDA

View Full Version : I need demotivation

-=FLEX=-
01-26-2012, 10:44 AM
Help me out here guys.

I've been training for two years and I still love it and I'm still making gains. I get up at 4:30am every weekday morning and run downstairs like a kid on Christmas morning. Even those rare days when I feel like going back to sleep I get up anyway.

I plan and visualize my workouts and sometimes even dream about them; when I get to the gym I try to focus so I can achieve what I envisioned. I consult my journal and try to do better each week. When I am injured I figure out a way to work around it. Heck, I even pre-prepare my food and bring it with me to work each day so I don't need to ask total strangers how to feed myself.

I look forward to achieving both the short-term and long-term goals I've set myself and I don't plan on stopping.

So what's wrong?

Any advice is appreciated.

-=FLEX=-

zarch
01-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Personally, I see nothing wrong with everything you stated, boss. I do the same exact thing. Fitness is a lifestyle, most people will just never understand it.

marcello696
01-26-2012, 10:49 AM
go and read the stickies, you can't expect the internet to help demotivate you!!!!

mp9750
01-26-2012, 10:53 AM
Get a life... no just kidding :)

I'm on the same boat and i have not found a "solution" to this problem... yet. But is this really a problem?

I guess the only advices I have are to avoid overtraining and try to avoid injuries... and take some well deserved rest outside the gym (1 week off) every 2-3 months.

Marius_Ursus
01-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Big musecls are bad for ur heart and slow u down. what u need is watfh doctor phil an eat ice cream for a cuppla weeks.

cmoore
01-26-2012, 11:06 AM
LOL. I think he's just trying to hurt my feelings.

ArchAngel'73
01-26-2012, 11:06 AM
Its all about perspective.
We all had hopes and dreams once, even me. But later in life we relalize what was important than isn't necessarily important now.
Now you pursuing a childhood dream is an honorable thing but look at what cost.
You are short changing your governments plan for you for an early death, you have decreased health care costs and by staying healthy you're just pissing your tax dollars down the drain.
You increased productivity at work has made your co-workers jealous and has been the cause of no less then 2 maritial break ups and a suicide attempt.
How can you live with yourself while continuing to participate in an activity that most of society considers you an outcast for?
For phucks sake sir, its time to put your balls away, pussy up, and become a sheep.

-no copy and pasta
AA'73 original brah! :D

Smokedduck
01-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Sounds like you need a week of Face Book, Soda, Potato Chips and Moon Pies.....Instead of preparing meals in advance just buy prepackaged sandwiches or go thru a Drive-thru, If ya want Warm food Drive thru, cold food,have a packaged sandwich. Your possibilities are endless.

x-trainer ben
01-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Help me out here guys.

I've been training for two years and I still love it and I'm still making gains. I get up at 4:30am every weekday morning and run downstairs like a kid on Christmas morning. Even those rare days when I feel like going back to sleep I get up anyway.

I plan and visualize my workouts and sometimes even dream about them; when I get to the gym I try to focus so I can achieve what I envisioned. I consult my journal and try to do better each week. When I am injured I figure out a way to work around it. Heck, I even pre-prepare my food and bring it with me to work each day so I don't need to ask total strangers how to feed myself.

I look forward to achieving both the short-term and long-term goals I've set myself and I don't plan on stopping.

So what's wrong?

-=FLEX=-

First is pre-prepare a real word?

Good luck with your goals in 2012, 2013, 2014 and beyond! :P

Bo_Flecks
01-26-2012, 11:30 AM
Help me out here guys.

Look OP... I am going try and help demotivate you with the best advices I have.

From your avi, you seem to be a very muscular and imposing man with a great deal of strength. From what I have read here on BB.com, that is not attractive to the regular people. They love the Abercrombie look.

That means you need to STOP lifting so heavy. Do a lot of cardio, and just work on getting toned and having abs. Problem solved.

amidoingitright.jpg?

ironwill2008
01-26-2012, 11:31 AM
You need to stop lifting heavy, and for gosh sakes, quit taking that multi!!!!

mslman71
01-26-2012, 11:33 AM
I could send you my shoulder x-rays if you think it might help? :D

Kodokan
01-26-2012, 11:36 AM
jeez dude. don't you know the world is ending later this year? might want to rethink all those healthy *long term* goals and start living the good life.

MrNismo
01-26-2012, 11:44 AM
This post belongs in the Misc forum.

Please in the future try to restrict your usage of this forum for questions on 'loosing' fat and mesh shirts.

otiskii
01-26-2012, 11:45 AM
Geez FLEX, take some weight off the bar. Everybody knows 500 pounds squats will ruin your knees if you go all the way down. Why do you want to be so bumpy? Why not just try to "tone" up like everybody else? And preparing food ahead of time? What are you, a girl? Cancel that membership and get a bowflex.

Big_Sky_Guy
01-26-2012, 11:53 AM
Dude, where's your spirit? You got to come harder than that if you really want to quit working out. You gotta want to stop! Until that happens you are just going to keep getting bigger and stronger. Is that what you really want? Really?

tsoden
01-26-2012, 12:01 PM
UR DOING IT ALL WRONG!!!!! didn't you read??? CHICKS DON'T DIG DUDES WITH BIG MUSCLES!!!! I agree with Arch....time to turn into a sheep.

I think Lisa is only into you because you drive a dodge......oh wait...

:D

baker
01-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Where is *STEVE* when you need him.....

crupiea
01-26-2012, 12:13 PM
Your problem is too much testosterone.

ironwill2008
01-26-2012, 12:17 PM

^^^^This.

You need something to reduce your t level, OP. One of those supps that bbdotcom hawks to boost it should do the trick.

Iceman1800
01-26-2012, 12:19 PM
It's probably gas related.

mslman71
01-26-2012, 12:20 PM

Subscribe to the OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) and watch a few hours of it. You'll feel your testicles starting to retreat within the first few seconds.

pharmamarketer
01-26-2012, 12:25 PM
I would start to ask what tee shirts to wear to the gym, make a journal of what others are doing at the gym and report back (vids help). More zumba

Where is *STEVE* when you need him.....

Erasing journals

ljimd
01-26-2012, 12:40 PM
You didn't start eating apples did u?

ironwill2008
01-26-2012, 01:02 PM
Try eating an apple, OP. If that doesn't totally screw you up, nothing will.

ntrllftr
01-26-2012, 01:10 PM
You know what they say...

an apple a day keeps teh curlers in teh squat rack away.

or sumthin like that.

TenThreeFive
01-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Whenever I find myself needing demotivation, I repeat these quotes to myself daily.

"My life is like stepping onto a boat which is about to sail out to sea and sink. "

"Why bother trying, someone else will always be bigger, stronger, or sexier then me"

"Life is a horizontal fall."

"Everything in life seems pointless, because I will be dead soon"

"Sure the sun will shine the next day but dark night will always follow"

"There is no point to life, I should start smoking"

Hope this helps. Cheers.

flairon
01-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Help me out here guys.

So what's wrong?

-=FLEX=-

damn over motivation!

latebloomingmom
01-26-2012, 02:22 PM
well if you want a female's perspective...Lisa is probably just being kind-hearted...no chick really digs a guy with muscles...what we really want is the scrawny and weak kind...you know the ones that might want to open a door for ya but cant because its just too darn heavy...may want to open that jar of pickles but might break a nail:)

MichaelCJ
01-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Clearly, you have deviated far from societal norms, and therefore, I cannot in good conscience not recommend that you promptly get thyself to a psychologist or psychiatrist (whichever appeals less), to be brought in line with all things average.

llahhsoj
01-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Admitting that you have a problem is the first step towards recovery, lol! I totally get it. I have worked out every day since the day after Christmas. I am making myself take Saturday and Sunday off. We'll see how that goes.

-=FLEX=-
01-26-2012, 03:17 PM
LOL. I think he's just trying to hurt my feelings.

I didn't even know ya had any feelings.

But regardless, I'm just trying to free your mind...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hggb3pG93wQ/TVR-6z6Np0I/AAAAAAAAKVA/Z0acxcOTGR8/s1600/free_your_mind.jpg

cowboybiker
01-26-2012, 04:02 PM
http://pooool.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/tldr_trollcat1.jpg

Brackneyc
01-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Go read my journal. It is about as demotivating as it gets around here. It works for me anyway. :)

Frnkd
01-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Ever seen the movie "Groundhogs Day"....you just decribed it.

Karl_Hungus
01-26-2012, 05:01 PM
You just need to tone brah .... Join a step aerobics and spin classes -- and eat lots of salads and sh!t with some low fat dressing and what not. No mother f'cking animal products. Then, maybe meditate with some goddamned Yanni and commune with some f'cking nature. That sh!t will de-hardcore you ... Come on bro, you can suck if you really put your mind to it.

chodan9
01-26-2012, 05:08 PM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm50/chodan9/demotivatorsite-com-81.jpg

chodan9
01-26-2012, 05:09 PM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm50/chodan9/facepalm-2.jpg

tmonkey
01-26-2012, 05:28 PM
just one question op

where do you get dem dar shirts??

IronCharles
01-26-2012, 05:34 PM
For phucks sake sir, its time to put your balls away, pussy up, and become a sheep.

Pretty much this. Take some sensitivity classes, contemplate your vagina, and embrace the emo whimpering within.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxoftdA6vy1qziam7.gif

Oh, and forget all those heavy weights. This is the only workout program you need! All the fellas will be checking out your sexy glutes! ;)

http://latestweightloss.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Brazil-Butt-Lift-Workout-DVD.jpg

latebloomingmom
01-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Pretty much this. Take some sensitivity classes, contemplate your vagina, and embrace the emo whimpering within.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxoftdA6vy1qziam7.gif
uhhh contemplate all you want but you gonna have a hard time finding it;)

IronCharles
01-26-2012, 05:41 PM
uhhh contemplate all you want but you gonna have a hard time finding it;)Sorry, I won't be the one looking for -=FLEX=-'s mangina. :rolleyes:

....oh, wait! You were taking this thread seriously! My bad........ :)

cowboybiker
01-26-2012, 06:25 PM
Sorry, I won't be the one looking for -=FLEX=-'s mangina.
http://www.unitethecows.com/content/attachments/12239t-acs-bs.gif.html?cid=18

pvsampson
01-26-2012, 06:40 PM
You didn't start eating apples did u?

Try eating an apple, OP. If that doesn't totally screw you up, nothing will.

You know what they say...

an apple a day keeps teh curlers in teh squat rack away.

or sumthin like that.

Maybe try blackberries...

Tifflex
01-26-2012, 07:09 PM
You shouldn't squat 500+ lbs; all you need for shapely legs is this:

wkxFWVGqUCg

2nd_chance
01-26-2012, 08:39 PM
Help me out here guys.

So what's wrong?

-=FLEX=-

Undoubtedly one of the greatest posts ever in the o35!!! On spread Jim.

JerryB
01-26-2012, 08:48 PM
I wish I was that dedicated.

Oh, maybe I am!

StressMonkey
01-26-2012, 11:01 PM
This post belongs in the Misc forum.

Please in the future try to restrict your usage of this forum for questions on 'loosing' fat and mesh shirts.

There's been threads about shirts?

Tyrbolift
01-26-2012, 11:13 PM
Flex, you need to read "The Little Engine That Couldn't"

taylor9569
01-27-2012, 02:31 AM
O.K. First off, getting up at 4.30am and running down stairs is just dangerous. What if you tripped and fell? At your age you would never heal!!!

Second: Squats are very bad for your knees. Not only that, but you are hogging the squat rack and stopping people from doing curls.

Third: DEADLIFTS!!!!!!! Why would you want to put your back through lifting all that heavy weight.

Fourth: Preparing your own food :eek: Don't you know Mc Donalds do a very good selection of food to go.

Fifth and most important: YOU CAN'T BUILD MUSCLE AFTER FORTY.

If you really want to continue down the path you are on now, then you will end up a beast.

Do you really want that???????????

WELL, DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tyrbolift
01-27-2012, 02:54 AM
and you need to sh*tcan that black sporty car and get yourself a nice beige Buick Lesabre.

plumher
01-27-2012, 03:01 AM
After reading OP , I was like ???? . But then after reading some replies I was like..... ?????? , but then I was like oh .allrightythen!!

drudixon
01-27-2012, 03:36 AM
Women will view you as meat and not take your brains and soul into account.

tsoden
01-27-2012, 04:09 AM
and you need to sh*tcan that black sporty car and get yourself a nice beige Buick Lesabre....

I was thinking more in lines of a Pinto... or even better ... a LADA SAMARA!!!

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q558/Malibu_Jack/Flex-2.jpg

john-t-b
01-27-2012, 04:39 AM
You live in Canada and it's winter. Isn't that enough to demotivate you. :)

I wish i could stay that motivated. I'll be out of town for work from Sunday to Teusday for work. Staying at a hotel with no gym and i have yet to find a gym close to it. :(

cowboybiker
01-27-2012, 04:41 AM
http://www.miscupload.com/upload/34659758455469152209778.gif

latebloomingmom
01-27-2012, 04:59 AM
Flex, you need to read "The Little Engine That Couldn't"
did the engine make it up the hill? nope. why not? he was too puffy in the middle, got out of breath, sat down on the side of the tracks,
cried, rusted and felt sorry for himself...the end.:(

Firminator4
01-27-2012, 05:51 AM
Why go through all that - just do arms every Friday and you'll be pumped all weekend. All that muscle is just gonna turn to fat when you quit lifting anyway....

JOHN GARGANI
01-27-2012, 12:00 PM
okay, FLEX, here is your demotivation: Lisa just told me that she is filing for divorce because you have too many "muscles".....

actually, in the lawyer's copy, they said too many "lumps and bumps" or something to that effect......

if you don't lose 30 pounds of lean weight, and up your skinny fat percentage to 30 percent, the deal goes through.

She is also filing an order of protection on the part of the iron: if you go anywhere near it, you will be in violation....

DocHoss
01-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Whenever I find myself needing demotivation, I repeat these quotes to myself daily.

"My life is like stepping onto a boat which is about to sail out to sea and sink. "

"Why bother trying, someone else will always be bigger, stronger, or sexier then me"

"Life is a horizontal fall."

"Everything in life seems pointless, because I will be dead soon"

"Sure the sun will shine the next day but dark night will always follow"

"There is no point to life, I should start smoking"

Hope this helps. Cheers.

Don't forget my favorite:
"Remember son, trying is the first step on the road to failure" - Homer J. Simpson

tsoden
01-31-2012, 04:03 AM
You want demotivation?

I think this would suit you more than your Dodge:

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q558/Malibu_Jack/YUGO.jpg

Skidmarx
01-31-2012, 04:10 AM
Demotivation...

You suck. You're weak and your posts are ghey.

AndroShock
01-31-2012, 06:24 AM
Lifting should enhance your life, not control it. As long as you can see the difference I think one is OK. I once new a guy that had just lost his wife and child several months prior. I came to the gym and meet up with him, just furious one day. Why? because my step daughter had a role in the Christmas play and I had to go to it the next day and it was going to throw off my workout schedule. I will never forget the look my friend gave me, nor the leason I learned that day.