PDA

View Full Version : above maintenance

fatdad34
01-26-2012, 07:11 AM
how long does it take the body to adapt on average when you increase your daily intake for the new intake to become your maintenance?. I'm about 300-400 above maintenance at the moment, or I was. it seems to stall after about 3 to 4 weeks.

WonderPug
01-26-2012, 07:13 AM
That depends on how much of your weight gain is in the form of fat and how much is in the forum of lean body mass.

Anyway, the best method for maintaining progress is to titrate caloric intake based on biweekly delta in weight.

fatdad34
01-26-2012, 07:28 AM
That depends on how much of your weight gain is in the form of fat and how much is in the forum of lean body mass.

Anyway, the best method for maintaining progress is to titrate caloric intake based on biweekly delta in weight.

sorry if my question sounded a little stupid, I wasn't necessarily looking for a definite answer. I was looking more for other peoples experiences.

lee__d
01-26-2012, 07:35 AM
sorry if my question sounded a little stupid, I wasn't necessarily looking for a definite answer. I was looking more for other peoples experiences.

That's pretty much it though, once weight stalls for ~2 weeks or so, time to up the calories.

tjwoody
01-26-2012, 08:08 AM
I dont have that strong of data to really be able to provide a reasonable answer.

I can say though that when I went from 2k-2500 cals my weight jumped quickly say from 200-210 in like a week. lol. I had mostly raised carbs though and came from low carb for a online contest I was doing.

I sort of stayed around 210 a lil but but then I went to 3k cals and jumped another 5 lbs rather quickly.

Fast forward a bit eating 4k cals of delish food I jumped to 220 lbs but my mind is blurry with calorie goodness!

I didnt track BF% so have no way to give a fair answer but as total weight is concerned my weight gains (total weight gains) are stalling out at 4k cals.

I can tell you though I first got bloated then gained in the gut and now I feel I am adding some muscle but who knows how much.

gawd i love eating 4k cals!

fatdad34
01-26-2012, 11:04 AM
is there any benefit to eating at maintenance or slightly below for a week or two while bulking before increasing my daily intake?. whenever I bulk I seem to hit a wall where I'm eating as much as I can, lose my appetite , and end up feeling bloated. As if my body is saying no, enough is enough.