PDA

View Full Version : Anyone juice each day? and by juice, I mean juice fruts and veggies lol

majorchamp
01-25-2012, 10:38 AM
Got got a cheap juicer from my mother in law so have spent the last few days getting into juicing my stuff. I don't get enough fruits/veggies in my diet anyways, but I am enjoying it thus far.

It's not a replacement for a diet or anything like others are doing, just an addition to my daily food intake. I'm not really sure if I will start feeling better, more energized, or anything but its good knowing I am at least putting that stuff in my body daily.

The only recipe I am really following right now is

- 1 pear
- 1 orange
- 1 apple
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 carrots
- 1 lemon
- 1 inch ginger root
- 2 stalks celery
- add in 1/4 - 1/2 cup of grapefruit juice (100%).

I then split the drink with my wife since it produces around 20oz's.

Any recipes you would recommend and how has using a juicer affected your health (in any noticeable way)?

mhovanes21
01-25-2012, 11:48 AM
Got got a cheap juicer from my mother in law so have spent the last few days getting into juicing my stuff. I don't get enough fruits/veggies in my diet anyways, but I am enjoying it thus far.

It's not a replacement for a diet or anything like others are doing, just an addition to my daily food intake. I'm not really sure if I will start feeling better, more energized, or anything but its good knowing I am at least putting that stuff in my body daily.

The only recipe I am really following right now is

- 1 pear
- 1 orange
- 1 apple
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 carrots
- 1 lemon
- 1 inch ginger root
- 2 stalks celery
- add in 1/4 - 1/2 cup of grapefruit juice (100%).

I then split the drink with my wife since it produces around 20oz's.

Any recipes you would recommend and how has using a juicer affected your health (in any noticeable way)?

I have the massive Jack LaLanne juicer....Im a big fan of juiced veggies/fruits but I admit I haven't used it much after the first month of ownership bc it is such a pain in the ass to clean. If I could juice a gallon at a time and save it for a few days it would be different, but apparently it degrades in less than an hour.

One of my favorite recipes was a combo of watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberry, and orange.

chillenword
01-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Mean green! I love that stuff.. it is yummy and full of nutrients. I don't care about what anyone says.. when I drink fresh juiced products I feel amazing, and love life. reps for you OP, glad to see other people are into juicing as well, not just eating tons of meats ONLY.

have you ever watched the documentary on netflix "food matters" I recommend that and "food inc", and "forks over knives" (take each with a grain of salt, but absorb the knowledge they include).

MikeK46
01-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Juicing gets rid of the pulp and skin, which is where the majority of the micronutrients are. You're throwing away all the good stuff.

Blend the whole fruit instead.

D0ctor
01-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Juicing gets rid of the pulp and skin, which is where the majority of the micronutrients are. You're throwing away all the good stuff.

Agreed, plus alot more filling.

chillenword
01-25-2012, 01:03 PM

I agree.

offtopic: Wow another BB from LI NY who is in the Information Technology realm..

WonderPug
01-25-2012, 01:10 PM
If I recall correctly, the poster JasonDB (http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/JasonDB/) is an expert on this topic, as I think he has been juicing for many years.*

As a lifetime natural bodybuilder, he needs to get lots of nutrients, and fruit and vegetable juices (especially when freshly juiced) are a great ways to achieve such. You might want to contact him for recipe ideas.

--------------
* He might even have owned a Jack LaLanne juicer when he was a kid.

majorchamp
01-25-2012, 01:14 PM
thanks for the responses guys.

Christiffer
01-25-2012, 01:36 PM
If I recall correctly, the poster JasonDB (http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/JasonDB/) is an expert on this topic, as I think he has been juicing for many years.*

As a lifetime natural bodybuilder, he needs to get lots of nutrients, and fruit and vegetable juices (especially when freshly juiced) are a great ways to achieve such. You might want to contact him for recipe ideas.

--------------
* He might even have owned a Jack LaLanne juicer when he was a kid.

Hahahaha. This sh!t made me lol. Puggles bringing the lulz. On spread!

SoccerMuscle5
01-25-2012, 01:39 PM
Everytime I hear someone mention a juicer (in the kitchen) I think of Jack Lalane...R.I.P. buddy

majorchamp
01-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Everytime I hear someone mention a juicer (in the kitchen) I think of Jack Lalane...R.I.P. buddy

that is the juicer I have LULZ