PDA

View Full Version : Work schedule only allows lifting every third week, help me get the most out it.

kljjr0456
01-25-2012, 08:53 AM
I work for 2 weeks straight and then have every third week off. We stay in hotels while at work and not all of them have a fitness center. We also dont get much time off so going to a local gym isn't an option. At best I do sit-ups and push ups daily to at least do something. On my week off I lift pretty serious. Give me some ideas on ways I can still gain muscle on my limited schedule.

OutOfStep
01-25-2012, 08:59 AM
I work for 2 weeks straight and then have every third week off. We stay in hotels while at work and not all of them have a fitness center. We also dont get much time off so going to a local gym isn't an option. At best I do sit-ups and push ups daily to at least do something. On my week off I lift pretty serious. Give me some ideas on ways I can still gain muscle on my limited schedule.

Find a new job.

Old-Time-Lifter
01-25-2012, 09:23 AM
Find a new job.

LOL..... qft. :)

-=FLEX=-
01-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Have you already been doing this for a period of time?

If so, how long and what results have you seen?

Call it broscience but I think lifting that infrequently wouldn't allow for much muscle growth, and you'd probably just make yourself excruciatingly sore on the weeks when you did lift.

larryinpa
01-25-2012, 10:20 AM
There are other excercises you can do in a hotel. Do some research on this. Or buy some exercise bands as they're easy to pack. Or take up running instead.

DocTats
01-25-2012, 10:46 AM
I think exercise bands are a great idea and keep doing push ups and crunches. One thing I would do is look into getting a weighted vest (I know it'll make your bag a bit heavy but that's why they made those bag with wheels). Running up the stairs in them will keep your legs in shape and can also use them to add some resistance to pushups. Lift chairs, tables, the sofa (like they do the car lifts in strongman comps). Do these in circuits...it won't make you look like Arnold circa 1974 but it will keep your muscles working

kljjr0456
01-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Have you already been doing this for a period of time?

If so, how long and what results have you seen?

Call it broscience but I think lifting that infrequently wouldn't allow for much muscle growth, and you'd probably just make yourself excruciatingly sore on the weeks when you did lift.

Actually I was injured last summer and during the time off I dropped some weight and put on muscle. Now that I have been back to work for awhile I want to continue to add muscle and stay in shape.

emp1acur
01-25-2012, 11:30 AM
There are threads on here where people have asked for suggestions while away on travel in terms of body weight exercises and resistance bands. Search for those and you'll come up with ideas.

The only other thing I can think of, beyond finding a new job, are to seek hotels where there is a fitness room, or somehow try and find time to go to a gym. I travel to places where there is sometimes no gym close by, other times there is one. The weeks where there isn't either of those are rare but on those trips I consider it a deload week.

x-trainer ben
01-25-2012, 11:34 AM

here
http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/body-weight-exercises