PDA

View Full Version : PHAT Workout-Week 3

Zeke5
01-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Got done over Christmas with a month layoff due to an injury and decided to come back to something different and a friend at the gym recommended Layne Norton's PHAT workout.

I'm starting my third week on it and so far I'm pretty happy. I'm recovering my strength very quickly, it's an interesting workout, and my joints are doing really well with it.

Anyone else had any luck with with it?

Zeke

PHAT training- http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html

InExileVt
01-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Did it the last two months of the year. Got the flu and have been away from the gym. Like it a lot. Was bored with just bb routines and think the power days are just awesome. The variety is a great change and I was making gains before I got sick. The only change I made was to add a day just for shoulders and traps. Felt they were being under worked.

Rowyn
01-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Did it the last two months of the year. Got the flu and have been away from the gym. Like it a lot. Was bored with just bb routines and think the power days are just awesome. The variety is a great change and I was making gains before I got sick. The only change I made was to add a day just for shoulders and traps. Felt they were being under worked.

So you ended up with three days of shoulder work??

I love PHAT and ran it for around 6 months or so I think. Transformation pics in my profile that mirror the start and end of the program.

SideSteal
01-24-2012, 07:22 PM

Mind=blown.

I understand the lack of direct shoulder volume but I have to REDUCE shoulder work on my rather highly modified PHAT. Amazed.

Zeke5
01-26-2012, 02:51 PM
...in my rather highly modified PHAT...

I'm sticking pretty close to Norton's plan for a while, I've only exchanged bench press for his dumbbell press. After a month or so I may make other changes.

Zeke

Vanguard1965
01-26-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm sticking pretty close to Norton's plan for a while, I've only exchanged bench press for his dumbbell press. After a month or so I may make other changes.

Zeke

You guys do know its not a routine its a system. You can change out exercise, order, and rep ranges to fit your specific training goals.

Tifflex
01-26-2012, 06:34 PM
You guys do know its not a routine its a system. You can change out exercise, order, and rep ranges to fit your specific training goals.
^^^this

Rowyn
01-26-2012, 07:25 PM

That's IF you are already an intermediate/advanced trainee who would know enough to be able to intelligently modify. Many do not.