PDA

View Full Version : Help

TonyDec
01-24-2012, 06:25 AM
Hi new at this!!
Started going to the gym 6 mth ago
Lost about 25 lb. I weight 153 lb now and 14% body fat trying to get a 6 pack but everyone keeps telling me that I look to skinny now and to stop dieting. Don't know what to do? should I keep going or should I start eating, put some weight on and then try to cut again. I go to the gym 5 days a week and I'm on a 1900 cal. A day diet

tsoden
01-24-2012, 06:41 AM
you should post a pict so that we can give you an honest opinion. But... for me, my lightest was 166 lbs. And at an inch taller than you, I felt I was too light. To be Honest, I was quite miserable at that weight and felt very weak. Looking at myself now, I appreciate the muscle mass I have added, but would like to still shed some fat.

In the end, only you can decide what works best for you.

MuscleTechMarc
01-25-2012, 01:04 PM
I think you should keep your diet consistent and focus on doign ab exercises with weight resistance. Doing endless amounts of crunches is great to tighten the stomach. But if you want your muscles to protrude from the stomach area, you have to add resistance to the exercises.

Try sit-ups holding a weight across your chest, weighted leg raises, or an ab crunch machine with resistance. These are all examples of the type of exercises you will have to do in order to get your 6-pack out of its cave!

ironwill2008
01-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Hi new at this!!
Started going to the gym 6 mth ago
Lost about 25 lb. I weight 153 lb now and 14% body fat trying to get a 6 pack but everyone keeps telling me that I look to skinny now and to stop dieting. Don't know what to do? should I keep going or should I start eating, put some weight on and then try to cut again. I go to the gym 5 days a week and I'm on a 1900 cal. A day diet

Your goals are your own, but at 5' 9,' 153, you don't have anything to cut down to. How do you think you'd look at about 140 pounds? If that's the look you want, then go for it.

If you're asking for advice, mine is to forget the 'cut,' get your nutrition squared-away, and work your tail off training mostly compound exercises over the next couple of years to build 20-30 pounds of muscle. When you've gotten that far, then might be the right time to consider a bodybuilding cut.

cmoore
01-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Six packs start in the kitchen. What's your typical 1900 calories consist of?
For me, I've always stayed much more cut by keeping my carbs to a minimum (<150g per day) and not really worrying too much about total calories.

CardinalRB34
01-25-2012, 06:52 PM
1900 calories a day is borderline anorexic for a male IMO - especially if you have been really active. If you've been doing this diet for all 6 months you're probably in a starvation/preservation state... where losing bodyfat becomes harder and harder and next to impossible. Too little calories for too long may do that to you. I would suggest go on a muscle building phase like IRONWILL suggests - no cardio - put yourself on a more suitable eating plan for a little while to see if you can build some good quality lean muscle and rev up your metabolism.