PDA

View Full Version : getting back into weighted pull-ups

chodan9
01-24-2012, 07:16 AM
I haven't done weighted pull-ups in over a year and decided to get back into them this morning.
not bad considering...
didnt nail my +70 attempt though :(
give me a couple weeks though :)

nm1MpLjdcFg

lllDBOlll
01-24-2012, 07:20 AM
Good job man, I'm going for +110 next week. Drop in my log, most I've managed is +90lb for 3.

chodan9
01-24-2012, 07:39 AM
Good job man, I'm going for +110 next week. Drop in my log, most I've managed is +90lb for 3.

awesome!

I still have to nail +70 but its going to be a little while.
body weight pulls just got too easy honestly unless I want to do tons of reps/sets

lllDBOlll
01-24-2012, 07:50 AM
Cheers man, check it out here:

enWWE8FXaEs

You'll get it no sweat mate, your signature is the only thing you need!

taf1968
01-24-2012, 07:55 AM
Inb4Discdoggie!

:D

Nice work, guys! Chodan, on spread with you but will hit you up when I can. I've been adding weighted pull-ups back in as well . . . had some elbow issues that I was getting over and the weighted versions were aggravating it. Probably won't be adding a ton of weight for awhile just to be careful, but am cranking out reps with 25# added to start off back day.

123D321
01-24-2012, 08:09 AM
Good work on the chins

chodan9
01-24-2012, 08:32 AM
Holy!! I just started with 10 lbs... Gotta start somewhere I guess. Great job and good luck on your goals
hey
I started pull-ups on a counter balanced machine at the gym with like 80 pounds subtracted from my weight LOL
so your doing way better than I did

chodan9
01-24-2012, 08:33 AM
had some elbow issues that I was getting over and the weighted versions were aggravating it.

thats why I strap in on the weighted ones,
saved my elbow back a couple years ago.

jdtemple
01-24-2012, 08:44 AM
I started adding weight to my pullups a while back and while the weight was piling on, my form got sloppy. I'm back to basics, pumping out bodyweight sets. The most I can manage in one set is 8 or 9, now that I've put on some weight.

induced_drag
01-24-2012, 08:57 AM
Very nice!

Just wanted to share one thing....not sure if it will be an issue for you. A while back I started doing heavy(1-3 reps) weighted chins in prep for a competition for max pull. Before that, I had never done them that heavy.

Doing this aggravated my bicep tendons and I am STILL nursing them months later! Before in my training, I would never experience bicep tendon pain, even with heavy straight bar curls. Now, I am struggling to let them heal up. (Last two weeks did almost no direct bicep work with pronated grips).

Just my experience....but I would be very careful about low reps on pullups. For now, I do not do anything less then I can do for 10+ reps in the healing process and if I ever do go down to lower reps again.... I will be much more careful.

Good luck!

chodan9
01-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Just my experience....but I would be very careful about low reps on pullups. For now, I do not do anything less then I can do for 10+ reps in the healing process and if I ever do go down to lower reps again.... I will be much more careful.

Good luck!
I try to be pretty careful on all my lifts.
its kept me injury free for 6+ years (knock on wood)

cmoore
01-25-2012, 06:16 AM
Nice work! Keep it up big guy!

Instead of the wraps, id recommend working your wrists (lightly) before you pull. For me I found this REALLY helped with elbow issues (especially pronation/supinations --twisting movements).

FWIW I like using a curl bar instead of a belt At 33seconds: youtube.com/watch?v=LIhJOox2cmk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

discdoggie
01-25-2012, 06:53 AM
Inb4Discdoggie!

Damn! :mad:

Very nice Chodan. :)

Why don't any of you all Pull Up Extrordinaires enter any of the ExtremePullUpsCrew comps? :confused:

tomsfish
01-25-2012, 07:11 AM
nice job on the weighted pulls.just started back to adding weight to mine as well.

CookAndrewB
01-25-2012, 09:03 AM
I found that weighted pull ups (and pull ups in general as I do them with a variety of grips, rope/neutral on a peg board/etc) have really helped keep my shoulders healthy. I don't use straps, but my grip is pretty rock solid from strongman, so frankly that isn't the "hard" part of the pullup for me. I'm up to 3x4 at +70lbs currently.

To the poster with the bicep tendon issues: were you doing chins, or pullups?

induced_drag
01-25-2012, 09:24 AM

To the poster with the bicep tendon issues: were you doing chins, or pullups?

Wide grip Pull-ups. I normally dont do them real heavy (nothing less then 10) but was working towards doing a comp of max pull.

With reg wide grip pullups, I can do 35+. I hurt my bicep tendons by going down into singles with 150-160. I never before experienced bicep tendon pain despite moving decent weights in other areas. I normally rep with 80-90.

After aggravating it, I now can feel the pull-ups put about the most strain possible on them. I was not saying not to do them by any means. I just say be careful going down to heavy low reps. (3-1) That is how I hurt mine and have been nursing for almost a month and a half now. Staying in the 7-10 range, I never felt strain.

cmoore
01-25-2012, 09:46 AM
Why don't any of you all Pull Up Extrordinaires enter any of the ExtremePullUpsCrew comps? :confused:

Don't know anything about it. What is an "extreme" pull up? If you mean Muscle Ups? I love those.

induced_drag
01-25-2012, 10:49 AM
Don't know anything about it. What is an "extreme" pull up? If you mean Muscle Ups? I love those.

Just checked out your vid. Very nice! Beastly.

CookAndrewB
01-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Wide grip Pull-ups. I normally dont do them real heavy (nothing less then 10) but was working towards doing a comp of max pull.

With reg wide grip pullups, I can do 35+. I hurt my bicep tendons by going down into singles with 150-160. I never before experienced bicep tendon pain despite moving decent weights in other areas. I normally rep with 80-90.

After aggravating it, I now can feel the pull-ups put about the most strain possible on them. I was not saying not to do them by any means. I just say be careful going down to heavy low reps. (3-1) That is how I hurt mine and have been nursing for almost a month and a half now. Staying in the 7-10 range, I never felt strain.

Interesting. I assume that you are talking about the elbow side of the bicep attachment and not near the shoulder...

I really don't feel pullups in my bicep at all. Not sure why that is, but chins... it feels like it is all bicep, and it causes a certain amount of discomfort in my wrists as well.

My thoughts on low reps is that they are fine so long as you can control the movement. You certainly don't want to be swinging, jerking, and crashing back to the hang position with a lot of weight on top of your full BW. In these cases where you try to generate a lot of body momentum to move a weight that you can't "muscle" up, you get a lot of times where a joint goes from high tension to low tension then back to high tension as you load, use momentum, then decelerate. In this case you would be using your connective tissue like a rubber band, as your muscle will likely be in full contraction. This means your joints take a lot of beating and the connective tissue bears the brunt of the trauma. Basically, anything beyond a weight that you can move through controlled muscle contraction tends to be bad news at some point. Whether it is trying to jerk up on a DL, swinging curls, bouncing a barbell off your chest in bench... these are all methods to try and load up heavier than your body has adequately developed for.

mrmrbill
01-25-2012, 11:50 AM
thats why I strap in on the weighted ones,...

are those the versa straps in the vid, or regular canvas loops?

induced_drag
01-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Interesting. I assume that you are talking about the elbow side of the bicep attachment and not near the shoulder...

Yes....elbow side. Never had any problems either until I started doing low reps with high weight (1-3 reps). No jerking or swinging....but something about that movement puts a lot of strain on that bicep tendon. When you add in my bodyweight it is pulling well over 330lbs..so that may be an issue. I heard other guys in the comp complain of bicep tendon issues as well.

Anyway....just saying that from what I have seen, I have not seen an exercise that places as much strain on the bicep tendon as does heavy weighted pullups. Not a bad thing....but just something to watch out for doing low reps.

Removed vid from PR thread...respect to the OP! Sry..

discdoggie
01-25-2012, 12:57 PM

www.extremepullups.com

One of the dudes (screen name here extremistpullup) is the current world's record holder in most weight pulled up.

They run contests several times throughout the year via FB and here in the Big Misc.

So far they've had 2 max rep bodyweighted, 2 1RM weighted, and one max reps with 45 lb plate. Great fun and motivations, even greater prizes! ;)

cmoore
01-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Just checked out your vid. Very nice! Beastly.

Thanks!

One of the dudes (screen name here extremistpullup) is the current world's record holder in most weight pulled up.

They run contests several times throughout the year via FB and here in the Big Misc.

So far they've had 2 max rep bodyweighted, 2 1RM weighted, and one max reps with 45 lb plate. Great fun and motivations, even greater prizes! ;)

That's cool! I'll check it out. I haven't 1 RM'd a weighted pull-up in forever but I'm usually good for 10 reps at 300lb (BW +115). BW wise I'm not all that, highest reps I did last year was only 72 and I'm not sure I could do much better than 60 or so right now.

induced_drag
01-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Thanks!

That's cool! I'll check it out. I haven't 1 RM'd a weighted pull-up in forever but I'm usually good for 10 reps at 300lb (BW +115). BW wise I'm not all that, highest reps I did last year was only 72 and I'm not sure I could do much better than 60 or so right now.

Dont sell yourself short.... I think that will put you way over the top. I think the most pullups in their comps is high 30's. Most % of bodyweight was right at 100%. Meaning 184 for you. If you can do 115 for 10, dont think you would have trouble at 185 or close to it. Think you could come in and wipe of the floors with almost anyone with those numbers.

OK ....I just gotta ask????.... are you freakishly strong with all your lifts?....or is your back strength just out there?.

discdoggie
01-25-2012, 01:32 PM
Thanks!

60 would have easily had you in first place.

cmoore
01-25-2012, 06:12 PM
Dont sell yourself short.... I think that will put you way over the top. I think the most pullups in their comps is high 30's. Most % of bodyweight was right at 100%. Meaning 184 for you. If you can do 115 for 10, dont think you would have trouble at 185 or close to it. Think you could come in and wipe of the floors with almost anyone with those numbers.

OK ....I just gotta ask????.... are you freakishly strong with all your lifts?....or is your back strength just out there?.

IDK. It's all speculation until it's done and on vid. Next time I'm feeling up to it, I might give it a go. That website looks like just the inspiration I need to get back above the bar.
Freakishly strong? I'm no power lifter but I'm pretty well rounded and generally move enough weight to feel good about what I'm up to.

Sorry Chodan9, didn't mean to distract your thread. Please keep us posted. I'm looking forward to following your progress and learning from your experiences.

GreenWave1
01-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Excellent man. You've inspired me to try them. I just do body weight.

chodan9
01-25-2012, 08:08 PM
are those the versa straps in the vid, or regular canvas loops?
versa's
love em
I use more out of habit and comfort zone though now, I dont think I have the issues with my elbows as much as before, they have adjusted over time to the stresses of lifting.

vladoversic
01-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Very good man! Keep it up!

chodan9
01-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Damn! :mad:

Very nice Chodan. :)

not sure I have the time to devote to a competition, but I have thought about it.
If I get my numbers decent I might consider it.

cmoore
01-29-2012, 06:02 AM
not sure I have the time to devote to a competition, but I have thought about it.
If I get my numbers decent I might consider it.

Update? When's your next up day?

chodan9
01-29-2012, 06:57 AM
Update? When's your next up day?
gonna hit em again this teusday (back day)

cmoore
01-29-2012, 07:08 AM
gonna hit em again this teusday (back day)

Cool. What's your workout split?

chodan9
01-29-2012, 07:13 AM
Cool. What's your workout split?
mon- chest tris
teus - back bis
wed - leg
thur - shoulders
fri - bis-tris

weekend - jack squat

cmoore
01-29-2012, 07:19 AM
mon- chest tris
teus - back bis
wed - leg
thur - shoulders
fri - bis-tris

weekend - jack squat

Does your chest workout affect your back routine? I know if I do chest day 1 my back especially pull ups are down the next day.

chodan9
01-29-2012, 07:41 AM
Does your chest workout affect your back routine? I know if I do chest day 1 my back especially pull ups are down the next day.
it doesn't appear to that much, that said I used to do back on Monday and had really good results, but I have regular workout partners who prefer chest on Monday so in order to keep good spotters etc I acquiesce to their wishes LOL

cmoore
01-29-2012, 12:10 PM
Hope you don't mind if I jump in on this thread and post how my weighted pull ups go too.

Did back today. I'm still screwed up in the head (can't seem to focus or even contract my muscles as hard lately). I took yesterday off hoping today would be my big comeback day. It wasn't.

I poked around on the extreme pull-up website and it seems I need to switch back to a straight bar (instead of the gym handles).
The gym was empty so I used a smith rack so I wouldn't have to jump or step up so high to pull up.

Weighed in at 186.2 w/belt. Started off ok, the bar and my hand position were different but seemed ok at first.
Easy warm up, BW+25, BW+45, BW+90, BW+135 all went well although the dip belt wasn't very comfortable. I felt pretty good actually so I jumped up to BW+180. Heh. I hung/struggled with it for way too long getting about half way maybe and seriously wore myself out. Not having used a belt in years I forgot how much the load works to rotate my pelvis. I just couldn't get my trunk in the right alignment for my lats to get their power position. :-( Fail. SO I went back to my old habit of holding the curl bar in the knees with a neutral grip on the gym monkey bars. I was pretty taxed but surprisingly my muscles were anything but pumped (felt cold and flat even). Did BW+curlbar (95). Then BW+curlbar (115 which felt woefully heavy really). Moved up to BW+curlbar (135) felt not so great but at this point I was pretty irked so I went higher anyway and went to BW+curlbar (185) which resulted in a major fail pulling just short of 90 degrees. Dropped down to BW+curlbar (165) and pulled to 90 degrees. Then a crappy 5 reps at BW+curlbar (115). Ugh. Muscles just felt numb so I went back to the straight bar and did 3 sets of 20 pulls. At the 3rd set my muscles seemed to wake up and puff a little but I was totally spent.

I think with practice I'll get +185 in the coming month or so. It's ironic that I can one arm pull up with either arm but couldn't two arm pull the +185. I think I need to work on my core strength so I can control the load and better position my trunk to get into a power position for my lats. IDK we'll see.

induced_drag
01-29-2012, 12:33 PM
.....I forgot how much the load works to rotate my pelvis. I just couldn't get my trunk in the right alignment for my lats to get their power position. ....

Yes, when you get a bunch of weight on there, it is almost impossible to rotate back and it ends up being an almost vertical pull.

Again.... just be careful of the bicep tendons. That is exactly how I aggravated mine....trying for while to keep pulling while I was stalled out on a heavy weight about 3/4 the way up. From what these guys that do them all the time say, do not try to just sit there and hold it if you cant get it. Seems to cause a bunch of injury.

cmoore
01-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Yes, when you get a bunch of weight on there, it is almost impossible to rotate back and it ends up being an almost vertical pull.

Again.... just be careful of the bicep tendons. That is exactly how I aggravated mine....trying for while to keep pulling while I was stalled out on a heavy weight about 3/4 the way up. From what these guys that do them all the time say, do not try to just sit there and hold it if you cant get it. Seems to cause a bunch of injury.

Thanks for the input and encouragement.

Here's a link to the footage from today. Mostly Fail but I'm keeping it as a reference point so I can see progress as I get better.

DAF9Vi60wMs

E_P_C
01-30-2012, 04:29 PM
Thanks!
That's cool! I'll check it out. I haven't 1 RM'd a weighted pull-up in forever but I'm usually good for 10 reps at 300lb (BW +115). BW wise I'm not all that, highest reps I did last year was only 72 and I'm not sure I could do much better than 60 or so right now.come on man lettuce be cereal for a min

Chris Partlow
01-30-2012, 04:34 PM

Lol. No.

ExtremistPullup
01-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Lol. No.

What's going on in here

induced_drag
01-30-2012, 04:55 PM
come on man lettuce be cereal for a min

Lol. No.

What's going on in here

Maybe??? who knows? He might have great endurance....

His weights for weighted are slightly higher then mine 10-15lb aprox and we are about the same BW. I think I would hit the high 30's at least. I have not repped out in a long time (fresh). Last time I did was at the end of a long back session and 3 sets of weighted chins prior to it.

I got 32 and probably could have squeezed a few ugly extra ones out, but did not even try. I am guessing I could do 35-40 fresh?...but just a guess. I too thought 60-70 sounded a little crazy.... I would love to see it though!

Here was the 32 from a while back.

pYhxzZ4jyMk&feature=player_embedded

ExtremistPullup
01-30-2012, 05:35 PM
Its funny how reps go up as ROM goes down.

induced_drag
01-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Its funny how reps go up as ROM goes down.

Was that directed at me? Or a comment on that vid?

ExtremistPullup
01-30-2012, 05:58 PM
Was that directed at me? Or a comment on that vid?

just in General

In your video you could have used more ROM.
Half reps are fine if your training involves half reps.
If your going for shear numbers, as a test of strength everyone has to be done the same way.

induced_drag
01-30-2012, 06:04 PM
just in General

Gotcha....FWIW....I would not call that vid true "dead hang" as would be required by your contests. I like to keep tension on the back and never want to come to a point where I am relaxed and just hanging on connective tissue alone.

I just posted that vid, cause it was all I had and dont like to talk smack without putting up something of my own. But if you look close at it, it is very close to full ROM. I went to full screen and if you put your mouse pointer on my neck where I start my first rep, you will see I hit that point on almost every rep. Again, I was not doing those for anything other then fun at the end of a workout. As for the top....I am well over the chin height on each one by a few inches. (Probably wasting a bunch of energy if just trying to do a regulation pull-up where you just clear). You could argue though I am a few degrees short of "lockout" at the bottom of each, but it is minimal., but I am going over at the top.....either way...it was just for fun and I like the way they feel when I do them this way.

I agree with your statement though....yes partial reps are easier.

chodan9
01-30-2012, 06:08 PM
I didn't start this as a competition thread as there is already one of those, this is just for fun and learning (by me hopefully)

induced_drag
01-30-2012, 06:11 PM
just in General

In your video you could have used more ROM.
Half reps are fine if your training involves half reps.

Dude....I just saw your edit. You are kidding me. Half reps? I am only a few degrees short of lockout for reasons I mentioned in my previous post (keeping tension on muscle)....BUT I am going WAY over at the top of each rep. You either have to look again closer....or get a reality check.

Half reps.....geesh...

ExtremistPullup
01-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Dude....I just saw your edit. You are kidding me. Half reps? I am only a few degrees short of lockout for reasons I mentioned in my previous post (keeping tension on muscle)....BUT I am going WAY over at the top of each rep. You either have to look again closer....or get a reality check.

Half reps.....geesh...

Ok 3/4 reps

Have you tried full rom?

I'm saying if your counting reps do the standard.

If you have 5 people doing 20,32,40,27,16 all using diff ROM numbers are pointless.
If your keeping tention that's fine for training, not for a test of strength comparison.

induced_drag
01-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Ok 3/4 reps

Have you tried full rom?

I'm saying if your counting reps do the standard.

If you have 5 people doing 20,32,40,27,16 all using diff ROM numbers are pointless.
If your keeping tention that's fine for training, not for a test of strength comparison.

You must not have read my post. See above.

I was not taping that for a submission to one of your contests. No more do I want to do a dead hang on every pullup, then do I want to let the weight stack come all the way down on every rep of leg extensions. I WANT the constant tension on the muscle.

It was just banging them out for fun.....not a competition entry. Were it for a competition, I would NOT waste all the energy I did bringing my chin probably and extra 2" ABOVE the bar on every rep. So you might say I am not going down all the way by a few degrees for lockout at the bottom, but you neglect going way over on the top.

I really dont care how many pullups I can do. It is just something fun to do every once in a while. I uploaded that vid in Oct and have not done above 15 reps since then. Not one of my top priorities. Not everyone lifts just to see how many pullups they do.....you should remember that sometime. Different goals are OK.

Frankly, I am more worried about hitting a 3x bw deadlift and 2x bw bench then I ever will worry about how many pull-ups I can do. To me....and maybe this is just me....my other goals are a much more expression of overall strength then hanging from a bar like a monkey and banging out reps. Sure, I would do it for fun, but would never take it too serious. Next thing we will be doing push-up competitions....how about squat thrusts too?

As for Cmoore ....he is one strong dude. He posted another thread doing lunges with 315. He deserves more respect then you pull-up jockeys give him. Please post up your 315 lunge videos...till then, I think a little more respect is in order.

ExtremistPullup
01-30-2012, 06:39 PM
I didn't start this as a competition thread as there is already one of those, this is just for fun and learning (by me hopefully)
I know you didnt

E_P_C
01-30-2012, 06:54 PM
Frankly, I am more worried about hitting a 3x bw deadlift and 2x bw bench then I ever will worry about how many pull-ups I can do. To me....and maybe this is just me....my other goals are a much more expression of overall strength then hanging from a bar like a monkey and banging out reps. Sure, I would do it for fun, but would never take it too serious. Next thing we will be doing push-up competitions....how about squat thrusts too?

As for Cmoore ....he is one strong dude. He posted another thread doing lunges with 315. He deserves more respect then you pull-up jockeys give him. Please post up your 315 lunge videos...till then, I think a little more respect is in order.Well first no one was attacking the OP, i subbed the thread as i do all threads about pullups to answer any questions. i didnt see any questions from him, all i saw was cmoore's postings

it sounds like you are implying that we just sit around and do pullups all day? i would think you would be smarter than that to assume that we dont lift and if pullups are such a joke why is that very few people can even do 1

as for cmoore, if you post ridiculous/WR type numbers without proof you are gonna get called out on it, thats how a bodybuilding forum works

SoccerMuscle5
01-30-2012, 06:56 PM
with form like that you will def. nail it! Good job bro

AlexxM
01-30-2012, 06:56 PM
You look way fit for a guy over 35. Nice

ExtremistPullup
01-30-2012, 07:17 PM
it sounds like you are implying that we just sit around and do pullups all day? i would think you would be smarter than that to assume that we don't lift and if pullups are such a joke why is that very few people can even do 1

as for cmoore, if you post ridiculous/WR type numbers without proof you are gonna get called out on it, thats how a bodybuilding forum works

X2
I train muscle all my muscle groups 5 days a week. It's just that I know a lot about pull up training, and that's where I try and help.
Each week someone will E-mail me from over the world. I write them back answering any questions they may have.
Sometimes it hard to get though when a thread turns into a people are playing the irrelevant numbers game.

tinywrist
01-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Lol @ pull up jockeys. Cmoore, watching your video, you do have some really good pull up strength. No where near what you were claiming earlier, but really good. As it was already stated, I would really avoid holding the heavy weights in the 1/2 to 3/4 up position for several seconds, that will surely lead to injury.

cmoore
01-30-2012, 07:52 PM
I honestly don't know what number I can rep right now fresh.. I also dont know if any of my pulls meet your criteria or not as I don't dead hang the bottom. I'm not in your comp or club so it doesn't really matter does it? That being said , Thursday is my next back day so I guess I'll go for reps and see what I can do.

I have vid of me somewhere doing 10 at 115 but it's a neutral grip and more of a pump set than what I'm guessing you're looking for. I'll post it anyway when I get to a computer.

Im not a trash talker and Im not here to celebrate myself. Came back here to help get myself focused again and back in shape. meh.

cmoore
01-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Thanks ID and Tiny for the insight to not hang/struggle.

Cmoore, watching your video, you do have some really good pull up strength. No where near what you were claiming earlier

I have not felt this weak in years. I've been in a serious funk lately. I'm here on the forum to learn and try to fix that issue.

I don't have a ton of vids and none of high reps (always seemed pointless).

Pull +115 curlbar x 10 reps: Not what you guys do I know. Please keep in mind until Sunday I hadnt used a dip belt in probably 10 years. It was totally different than the bar method I've gotten used to but I tried in the interest of bettering my lifts.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1703762888724&set=t.1677561836&type=3

One arm pull (I've done better ones but not many lately and have no other ones on vid):
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1872539668038&set=t.1677561836&type=3&theater

One arm half pikes with 25lb assist x5 on the cable:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2034750803215&set=t.1677561836&type=3&theater

After reading more on the various extreme pull-ups I'm sure none of the above counts for @#$% as I don't meet the ROM requirement. Which is fine with me as none of them were meant to do anything beyond work my back. My muscle ups are full rom though and unlike just about every other one of my lifts they have been slowly improving since my elbow pain resolved.

LIhJOox2cmk

tinywrist
01-30-2012, 09:56 PM
Like I said, you have a lot of really good pull up strength, I am seriously impressed. Why not work on your range of motion and see where you can take it? A year ago I was barely able to do 1 deadhang rep with 90lbs added to me. Less than a year later I was able to do 11 deadhang reps with 100lbs added to me. The guys who are part of the Extreme Pullups are not a part of it because they think it makes them better than anyone else, they are a part of it because its fun to push each other and improve.

Skidmarx
01-31-2012, 04:28 AM
This guy is a member of the forum here.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ExtremistPullup?blend=1&ob=0

taf1968
01-31-2012, 06:44 AM

Because I suck at them :D

The only vid I have is from about 1-1/2 years ago . . . only 35# added. Form I think is pretty good, but as for the weight . . . embarrassinglyweaksauce.jpg. I've been working on them again now that my elbow feels better. We'll see where it leads. Would love any advice on ways to improve. I'll try to get another vid up at some point, Chodan's thread has lit the fire a bit again.

r28nM1OBY_4

ExtremistPullup
01-31-2012, 08:17 AM
Because I suck at them :D

The only vid I have is from about 1-1/2 years ago . . . only 35# added. Form I think is pretty good, but as for the weight . . . embarrassinglyweaksauce.jpg. I've been working on them again now that my elbow feels better. We'll see where it leads. Would love any advice on ways to improve. I'll try to get another vid up at some point, Chodan's thread has lit the fire a bit again.

r28nM1OBY_4

Those are really good. If you do a faster controlled drop it might help get more reps.

cmoore
01-31-2012, 09:34 AM
Like I said, you have a lot of really good pull up strength, I am seriously impressed. Why not work on your range of motion and see where you can take it? A year ago I was barely able to do 1 deadhang rep with 90lbs added to me. Less than a year later I was able to do 11 deadhang reps with 100lbs added to me. The guys who are part of the Extreme Pullups are not a part of it because they think it makes them better than anyone else, they are a part of it because its fun to push each other and improve.

I will work on it. I would dispute the idea that even a dead hang pull up like you guys do is truly full rom unless we're talking about the elbow. It's way better than my form for sure (as it should be with a WR holder in your group) but for the shoulder to reach full rom (at least using my skeleton as an example) wouldn't the pull be closer to a xiphoid up? Ultimately, I think muscle ups are a better ROM movement for me (and my goal is 20 WITHOUT elbow pain or kip by my 40th this May). I love pull ups (even my short girly ones) and will continue to do them anyway I can for the rest of my life--that's why I'm in this thread. I appreciate your tips and input as I work to improve my movements. Thanks!

ExtremistPullup
01-31-2012, 10:01 AM
I would dispute the idea that even a dead hang pull up like you guys do is truly full rom unless we're talking about the elbow. our contest pullups are dead hand at the shoulders and elbows. It's going to be a challange finding a rep that isn't.

E_P_C
01-31-2012, 11:00 AM
I will work on it. I would dispute the idea that even a dead hang pull up like you guys do is truly full rom unless we're talking about the elbow. It's way better than my form for sure (as it should be with a WR holder in your group) but for the shoulder to reach full rom (at least using my skeleton as an example) wouldn't the pull be closer to a xiphoid up? Ultimately, I think muscle ups are a better ROM movement for me (and my goal is 20 WITHOUT elbow pain or kip by my 40th this May). I love pull ups (even my short girly ones) and will continue to do them anyway I can for the rest of my life--that's why I'm in this thread. I appreciate your tips and input as I work to improve my movements. Thanks!

Your training style is your training style. To claim the numbers you are claiming without them being full Rom is the same as people coming on here and claiming insane bench with half Rom or squat with quarter Rom numbers, everyone would be calling you out. Again I don't care how you train, I wanted to see what 72 or 60 pullups looked like. No one hits those numbers by casually doing pullups so I was curious to what exactly you were doing. It's already been said that you have a lot of pulling strength.

And like extremist said you won't find better Rom than what we are doing

cmoore
01-31-2012, 11:28 AM
our contest pullups are dead hand at the shoulders and elbows. It's going to be a challange finding a rep that isn't.

I understand. For comps, your rule makes perfect sense. I'm not picking on you guys. You guys are picking on me. :-p

Your training style is your training style. To claim the numbers you are claiming without them being full Rom is the same as people coming on here and claiming insane bench with half Rom or squat with quarter Rom numbers, everyone would be calling you out. Again I don't care how you train, I wanted to see what 72 or 60 pullups looked like. No one hits those numbers by casually doing pullups so I was curious to what exactly you were doing. It's already been said that you have a lot of pulling strength.

And like extremist said you won't find better Rom than what we are doing

I'll work on it and keep you posted. :-)

chodan9
01-31-2012, 02:39 PM
did some more today but reset my weight to a single plate (45 lb) and did 5 sets of 5 for as clean as possible, they felt really good though.
got my camera to close and it didnt show the full image (still learning my kodak playsport).

cmoore
01-31-2012, 02:47 PM
did some more today but reset my weight to a single plate (45 lb) and did 5 sets of 5 for as clean as possible, they felt really good though.
got my camera to close and it didnt show the full image (still learning my kodak playsport).

Nice work.

chodan9
02-01-2012, 05:35 PM
not sure whether to feel bad or just want to work harder LOL
stumbled across this little girl doing pull-ups on youtube
very impressive
MjYToATPUXg

jdtemple
02-01-2012, 06:20 PM
very impressiveok. I suck

chodan9
02-01-2012, 06:24 PM
ok. I suck

LOL
I know right
funny how she does a few 1 handed dead hangs in between some of her last reps like its no big deal LOL

ExtremistPullup
02-01-2012, 06:28 PM
very impressive
MjYToATPUXg

Very impressive better then 90% of bb.com

chodan9
02-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Very impressive better then 90% of bb.com

better than %99.9 of everywhere else

flat6nut
02-01-2012, 07:12 PM
thats how a bodybuilding forum works

Any "bodybuilder" knows dead hang pullups are not the best for training purposes. You guys jumped all over this thread like your skinny asses are the end all be all. Your not! I can do a ****load of pullups and a ****load of weighted pullups....but I sure as hell dont give a **** what you "extreme" punks think.

Sorry Anna...but your friends are dicks.

Chris Partlow
02-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Any "bodybuilder" knows dead hang pullups are not the best for training purposes. You guys jumped all over this thread like your skinny asses are the end all be all. Your not! I can do a ****load of pullups and a ****load of weighted pullups....but I sure as hell dont give a **** what you "extreme" punks think.

Lol. Calm down man. Its not good to get excited at your age.

You sound strong and awesome, but I think everything has been settled.

ExtremistPullup
02-01-2012, 07:44 PM
He mad

E_P_C
02-01-2012, 08:36 PM

Sorry Anna...but your friends are dicks.http://www.wordans.com/wordansfiles/images/2011/10/5/101092/101092_340.jpg?1317810557

strong maturity for a 45 y/o

way to take 6 words and spin em how u like

oh and yes we are the end all be all ;)

jdtemple
02-02-2012, 07:54 AM
LOL
I know right
funny how she does a few 1 handed dead hangs in between some of her last reps like its no big deal LOLI'd like to see her do that many at 197 lb bodyweight. In your face, little girl! :D

induced_drag
02-03-2012, 06:31 PM
http://www.wordans.com/wordansfiles/images/2011/10/5/101092/101092_340.jpg?1317810557

strong maturity for a 45 y/o

way to take 6 words and spin em how u like

oh and yes we are the end all be all ;)

Sorry.....I just cant help myself... I came across your journal log in the supp section and I have to comment. Especially after seeing your comment to Flat6

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141021351&page=5

Took me a while...but I actually found a squat in your program....on day 16! You could do a lot to learn from Flat6Nut. Dude has made awesome progress and gone from about your bodyweight up to now holding 190+ benching and squatting big numbers too.

Your lower body training is woefully lacking. And only squatting just over your bodyweight for 3 is pathetic....sorry but I call it like I see it. I would rather only be able to do 10 pullups and squat 400 then be able to do 30 pullups and only squat 225.....by the way....I can do both. :) (30 pullups and squat over 400 :) )

Pay Flat6Nuts journal a peak and take some notes.....

tinywrist
02-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Sorry.....I just cant help myself... I came across your journal log in the supp section and I have to comment. Especially after seeing your comment to Flat6

Took me a while...but I actually found a squat in your program....on day 16! You could do a lot to learn from Flat6Nut. Dude has made awesome progress and gone from about your bodyweight up to now holding 190+ benching and squatting big numbers too.

Your lower body training is woefully lacking. And only squatting just over your bodyweight for 3 is pathetic....sorry but I call it like I see it. I would rather only be able to do 10 pullups and squat 400 then be able to do 30 pullups and only squat 225.....by the way....I can do both. :) (30 pullups and squat over 400 :) )

Oh no he didnt...LOLs.

E_P_C
02-03-2012, 06:50 PM

Pay Flat6Nuts journal a peak and take some notes.....lol just lol

congrats on finding my weakness :D and no i dont have to justify it

i guess you guys can keep squatting heavy while i run my ultra marathons and pls post a legit 30 pull up video ;)

live.laugh.love

induced_drag
02-03-2012, 07:05 PM
lol just lol

congrats on finding my weakness :D and no i dont have to justify it

i guess you guys can keep squatting heavy while i run my ultra marathons and pls post a legit 30 pull up video ;)

live.laugh.love

You do know that being able to bench more then you squat is not normal.....right? Even for the un-trained.

Actually it is pathetic....for just about anyone unless you are handicapped. Runner or not....plain pathetic. Your kind...is the butt of many a joke around here. You are one of the guys curling in the squat rack. Yes you! Post your bench and squat numbers on any forum, any thread, and see if even one person can justify such a pitiful display. Sorry dude....I dont care how many pullups you can do when most girls can squat more then you.

As I said...I was going to keep my mouth shut....but when you come off on other people and then I see your "training" numbers....I just had to call you out.

discdoggie
02-03-2012, 07:19 PM

Dude, these guys are my heroes and have inspired and encouraged me to attempt and accomplish more than I ever believed I could. I owe them both big.

induced_drag
02-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Dude, these guys are my heroes and have inspired and encouraged me to attempt and accomplish more than I ever believed I could. I owe them both big.

DD....I think they need to be inspired by you! I think you got EPC covered on squats at 2/3 the bodyweight (srs!)

discdoggie
02-03-2012, 07:26 PM
DD....I think they need to be inspired by you! I think you got EPC covered on squats at 2/3 the bodyweight (srs!)

I have yet to squat 225. :( I'm close, though. By April for certain. And a 3 plate deadlift.

flat6nut
02-03-2012, 07:31 PM

I respect that. I know you have worked hard at it.

The only thing these girls inspire me to do is take a ****. But thats a waste of food...so Ill hold out a bit longer.

induced_drag
02-03-2012, 07:31 PM
I have yet to squat 225. :( I'm close, though. By April for certain. And a 3 plate deadlift.

Neither has he :).....last I saw in his log was 170x3. Go get um girl!

cmoore
02-03-2012, 07:36 PM
while i run my ultra marathons and pls post a legit 30 pull up video ;)

Endorphin junkie eh? Very cool. What's your favorite 100 miler?

I did some of that stuff, had a blast but I wasnt very fast. The funnest 100 mile I ever ran was the Iditasport 100 (for those that don't know it's a 100 mile run on the Iditarod trail in the snow in February in Alaska). I still have my Ulu lying around somewhere...

Some of my friends and even my mom were big deals back in the day for ultras and adventure races. I bet we know a lot of the same people.

GreenWave1
02-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Did weighted for the first time today. Got 45 for 2. Dropped down to 25 on my second set and got 5. I normally get 10 or 11 bodyweight first set.

Weak sauce compared to all of you, but I felt good about it. Gonna keep at it.

wheyshakes
02-03-2012, 09:55 PM
That's cool man. Maybe I should try it some day. Haven't tried weighted chin ups before. I can only do around 15 reps without weights. Don't want to build big muscles like you guys ;p

I haven't done weighted pull-ups in over a year and decided to get back into them this morning.
not bad considering...
didnt nail my +70 attempt though :(
give me a couple weeks though :)

nm1MpLjdcFg

E_P_C
02-03-2012, 10:12 PM
You do know that being able to bench more then you squat is not normal.....right? Even for the un-trained.

Actually it is pathetic....for just about anyone unless you are handicapped. Runner or not....plain pathetic. Your kind...is the butt of many a joke around here. You are one of the guys curling in the squat rack. Yes you! Post your bench and squat numbers on any forum, any thread, and see if even one person can justify such a pitiful display. Sorry dude....I dont care how many pullups you can do when most girls can squat more then you.

As I said...I was going to keep my mouth shut....but when you come off on other people and then I see your "training" numbers....I just had to call you out.dude just stop posting you dont even sound like you're joking you just sound plain irate

this thread was about pull ups not a contest to see who's dick is bigger. oooohhhhhhh squats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you dont even know how i train anyways, and i give 0 ****s about heavy squats

but you just keep on being mad and i will keep on trolling you :D

;)

I respect that. I know you have worked hard at it.

The only thing these girls inspire me to do is take a ****. But thats a waste of food...so Ill hold out a bit longer.not good to hold it in dude, when u gotta go u gotta go

Endorphin junkie eh? Very cool. What's your favorite 100 miler?

I did some of that stuff, had a blast but I wasnt very fast. The funnest 100 mile I ever ran was the Iditasport 100 (for those that don't know it's a 100 mile run on the Iditarod trail in the snow in February in Alaska). I still have my Ulu lying around somewhere...

Some of my friends and even my mom were big deals back in the day for ultras and adventure races. I bet we know a lot of the same people.eh well if you consider ultras only 100+ then im not getting into this discussion. ive only been running seriously (well not seriously as it is just for fun) for about 14 months so 50 miles is my max right now. in time though, hopefully the Western States before im 30, everything is so expensive now and all the big races require a lottery to get in. much respect anyways as i know how much dedication and time that distance takes out of your life

cmoore
02-03-2012, 10:29 PM
eh well if you consider ultras only 100+ then im not getting into this discussion. ive only been running seriously (well not seriously as it is just for fun) for about 14 months so 50 miles is my max right now. in time though, hopefully the Western States before im 30, everything is so expensive now and all the big races require a lottery to get in. much respect anyways as i know how much dedication and time that distance takes out of your life

Just figured you were a century guy. Not banging on 50s. That too is a feat most will never see. Props mang. Western is brutal, good luck on getting your buckle. I didnt race that one, but I've crewed/paced it.

E_P_C
02-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Just figured you were a century guy. Not banging on 50s. That too is a feat most will never see. Props mang. Western is brutal, good luck on getting your buckle. I didnt race that one, but I've crewed/paced it.in time. being on a crew is alot of fun also, i wanted to crew Badwater this year but i cant get back in time from a trip

Badwater would be the ultimate goal in the next decade

TheReverend
02-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Neither has he :).....last I saw in his log was 170x3. Go get um girl!

I assume you got your username because you're a drag queen?

Chris Partlow
02-03-2012, 11:03 PM

Everyone has different training styles and goals. The bolded part is just an empty claim until proof is given. FYI.

The people who were in question are cool, and have talked about sh*t with everyone since. Only you and ***6nut seem to be upset.

67fastback
02-03-2012, 11:38 PM
http://youtu.be/T0G-Qkxnx_8

I like the way Kane does his pullups. I wonder what his GF weighs? ;)

induced_drag
02-03-2012, 11:50 PM
dude just stop posting you dont even sound like you're joking you just sound plain irate

this thread was about pull ups not a contest to see who's dick is bigger. oooohhhhhhh squats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you dont even know how i train anyways, and i give 0 ****s about heavy squats

As I said.... I am not mad. I was not even going to respond until I saw your comments to Flat6nut who I respect. Then I saw your journal....and well, I just could not help it.

Take it as you want dude....but I am sorry....I can never respect someone who can bench more then they squat. (unless they are physically impaired for some reason). I dont care that you run.... that is no reason to neglect your lower half...sorry....I just dont respect it....period.

I would never speak out against you except for what I have seen as an undertone of your posts. Sure you come in here with advice for people on pullups only to get all Nazi on a guy because his pullups dont meet your ROM requirements.

And remember....just as you said...

you won't find better Rom than what we are doing

Get over yourself dude....that is why I am giving you crap. I usually have respect for anyone and their goals...big and small....but I am having a hard time finding this in your case.

I assume you got your username because you're a drag queen?

No... Induced Drag is the portion of total drag which is the result of producing lift. Guess it went over your head.

Everyone has different training styles and goals. The bolded part is just an empty claim until proof is given. FYI.

The people who were in question are cool, and have talked about sh*t with everyone since. Only you and ***6nut seem to be upset.

I agree....you guys ought to take your own advice....coming in and criticizing rom...just as Extremist called my reps....1/2 pullups.... give me a f'n break. You guys are a joke. My reps are great reps when your goal is to keep constant tension on the muscle. So take your own advice about everyone having different goals. Mine have NOTHING to do with getting the most pull-ups I can do.....especially ones by your standards.

By the way guys.....you dont have to come into every thread that has the word pull-up in it either ;)....that is part of the funny thing here.

Trust me.....we in the >35 will give much better advice on how to improve pull-ups. Build a strong back! My advice however would never include neglect your legs...sorry guys....just the way I see it.

TheReverend
02-04-2012, 08:33 AM
No... Induced Drag is the portion of total drag which is the result of producing lift. Guess it went over your head.

It didn't. But judging from how much of a bitch you're acting like in this thread, I figured that was the most likely conclusion.

Why don't you just calm down. You came in completely e-stating and then threw a girl fit when you got called out. Settle down, take your medicine and get on with your life.

<3 Live, Laugh, Love <3

induced_drag
02-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Why don't you just calm down. You came in completely e-stating and then threw a girl fit when you got called out.

Ummm.....no. If you look through the thread, I actually came in to share my experience with bicep tendon issues in relation to heavy weighted pulls......

After all three of the pull-up guys called him out....I posted a vid of mine and said....maybe he can?... I thought it was pertinent as he and I are about the same size and I can rep out pull-ups fairly easily.

Anyway....checked out your journal and at least I can give you props for working your entire body not like some of your buddies. Congrats on that and best of luck to you in your fitness goals.

TheReverend
02-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Ummm.....no. If you look through the thread, I actually came in to share my experience with bicep tendon issues in relation to heavy weighted pulls......

After all three of the pull-up guys called him out....I posted a vid of mine and said....maybe he can?... I thought it was pertinent as he and I are about the same size and I can rep out pull-ups fairly easily.

Anyway....checked out your journal and at least I can give you props for working your entire body not like some of your buddies. Congrats on that and best of luck to you in your fitness goals.

Thanks and all, but while you clearly know how to train, you have to see your own culpability in this.

You claimed 72 pullups and 10+ weighted at 300, then posted a vid of roughly 30 half rep pull-ups.

How do you not expect to get called out on that?

Brb claiming I can bench 600, then posting a vid of me half repping 265 as proof.

ExtremistPullup
02-04-2012, 09:07 AM
This would be the same thing as me boasting a 450 lb squat for 12 and they turnout to be 1/2 reps.

induced_drag
02-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Thanks and all, but while you clearly know how to train, you have to see your own culpability in this.

You claimed 72 pullups and 10+ weighted at 300, then posted a vid of roughly 30 half rep pull-ups.

How do you not expect to get called out on that?

Brb claiming I can bench 600, then posting a vid of me half repping 265 as proof.

This would be the same thing as me boasting a 450 lb squat for 12 and they turnout to be 1/2 reps.

Hey guys....I agree with you yes in principle. But your ultra strict form is really a minority in the training world. I will equate it more like this...

Guy comes in claiming a 400 lb bench...posts up vid and gets called out because he did not do a full pause at the bottom, and on the push, he raised his head off the bench.

If I saw that vid....I would tell the guy that was a damn strong bench....not be the first to jump in and say it would not be accepted by any powerlifting federation so it was not really a demonstration of strength.

Sorry guys...different strokes. Props for what you guys are doing and props to ExremistPullup for some impressive feats for sure, but not everyone doing pullups is doing them to meet your standards.....just like very few benchers do rest pause even though it is the standard for powerlifting. Hell....I dont do rest pause either!

E_P_C
02-04-2012, 09:54 AM
As I said.... I am not mad. I was not even going to respond until I saw your comments to Flat6nut who I respect. Then I saw your journal....and well, I just could not help it.

Take it as you want dude....but I am sorry....I can never respect someone who can bench more then they squat. (unless they are physically impaired for some reason). I dont care that you run.... that is no reason to neglect your lower half...sorry....I just dont respect it....period.

I would never speak out against you except for what I have seen as an undertone of your posts. Sure you come in here with advice for people on pullups only to get all Nazi on a guy because his pullups dont meet your ROM requirements.

And remember....just as you said...

Get over yourself dude....that is why I am giving you crap. I usually have respect for anyone and their goals...big and small....but I am having a hard time finding this in your case.

I agree....you guys ought to take your own advice....coming in and criticizing rom...just as Extremist called my reps....1/2 pullups.... give me a f'n break. You guys are a joke. My reps are great reps when your goal is to keep constant tension on the muscle. So take your own advice about everyone having different goals. Mine have NOTHING to do with getting the most pull-ups I can do.....especially ones by your standards.

By the way guys.....you dont have to come into every thread that has the word pull-up in it either ;)....that is part of the funny thing here.

Trust me.....we in the >35 will give much better advice on how to improve pull-ups. Build a strong back! My advice however would never include neglect your legs...sorry guys....just the way I see it.

Hey guys....I agree with you yes in principle. But your ultra strict form is really a minority in the training world. I will equate it more like this...

Guy comes in claiming a 400 lb bench...posts up vid and gets called out because he did not do a full pause at the bottom, and on the push, he raised his head off the bench.

If I saw that vid....I would tell the guy that was a damn strong bench....not be the first to jump in and say it would not be accepted by any powerlifting federation so it was not really a demonstration of strength.

Sorry guys...different strokes. Props for what you guys are doing and props to ExremistPullup for some impressive feats for sure, but not everyone doing pullups is doing them to meet your standards.....just like very few benchers do rest pause even though it is the standard for powerlifting. Hell....I dont do rest pause either!well while i drink my morning coffee...

1. Flatnut talks **** for no reason, pls let him back up his mouth you dont need to do that for him
2. I dont care about your respect. If you are still mad that you didnt get a video approved for the contests, get over it
3. I didnt even call you out, i called out the 70+ pull ups, still i know we will never see that video. You do realize that to be able to do 70+ pull ups you would have to dedicate your training to that
4. Deadhang pull ups have to have a deadhang for them to be deadhang pull ups
5. I will get over myself when i am good and ready

Why do i need a heavy squat eh? I work my legs plenty, just because its not with heavy squats is really irrelevant unless im listening to your opinion. Please post up your big 3 numbers now that i am interested in them since the ones on your bodyspace are out of date.

and no thats not the same at all. it would be the same if the guy went half way down on the press and came back up. no one would consider that a 400lb bench press. oh and i will continue to post in EVERY thread that has pull ups in it until people stop e-statting and butchering the exercise

tomsfish
02-04-2012, 10:19 AM
on a side note and no offense intended,if some of you guys posted some of your totals in the million pullup thread,we would be done by now gd it.
anyway already repped the op on a good job.

induced_drag
02-04-2012, 10:46 AM
... Please post up your big 3 numbers now that i am interested in them since the ones on your bodyspace are out of date.

My training is not based around increasing my 1rm strength so I would never claim to be truly strong guy by any stretch. I would say my strength is respectable but quite unremarkable. My training focuses on the 5-10 rep range. Anyway...after those excuses, ;)....My bench is about 330-335, squat somewhere in the low 400's (410-425) and deadlift is just over 500. (510-525). I hope to be increasing my numbers steadily but I have only been back training for a solid year.(much of that time spent in caloric deficit) I am happy with my progress thus far, but not really satisfied. Here is to a new year!

TheReverend
02-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Sorry guys...different strokes. Props for what you guys are doing and props to ExremistPullup for some impressive feats for sure, but not everyone doing pullups is doing them to meet your standards.....just like very few benchers do rest pause even though it is the standard for powerlifting. Hell....I dont do rest pause either!

That's more than reasonable.

flat6nut
02-04-2012, 11:13 AM
1. Flatnut talks **** for no reason, pls let him back up his mouth you dont need to do that for him

I really have nothing for you except...
You quoted the term bodybuilding while calling someone out, (A Marine...which I was respecting) but your "dead hang" pullups are not a bodybuilding movement to begin with.
You are not Over35, but still choose to dribble in here about a movement that the OP was not posting about. The OPs post was about weighted pullups for bodybuilding purposes.

Now that you guys have **** in this section...why not go to the powerlifter section and tell them they are doing it wrong as well.

discdoggie
02-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Unfortunately, I can't link the thread, because dude got all butthurt and deleted when the responses weren't what he wanted to hear. But about a week ago some kid posted in female forum a vid of his gf's 9 Pull ups. Someone awared me of the thread via link on a different group I belong to so I went in to check it out. Sorry, not only is 9 not all that impressive, but they were beyond sorry. So I told him so plus posted a vid of my 15 that were done with full ROM. He came back crying with how my lat development was uneven as were my pulls. I told him he was a dumb ass crybaby because I was plowed over by a truck that left me with a titanium leg, a permanently separated right shoulder, and blind in one eye. :D. Plus I'm not a physique competitor so I don't give a fuxk anyway about uneven lat development.

So flat6nut you know I love you but if they're dicks I'm Queen of Dickettes because I also get sick of reading on female forum "oh only 16 pull ups? I can do 25!" and when you ask for a vid the ROM is utter dog ****.

flat6nut
02-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the cowardly neg...

02-04-2012 02:41 PM
lbeezle
Thread: getting back into...
lol uh extremist has a world record in pull ups. how many do you have in anything?

E_P_C
02-04-2012, 02:24 PM
I really have nothing for you except...
You quoted the term bodybuilding while calling someone out, (A Marine...which I was respecting) but your "dead hang" pullups are not a bodybuilding movement to begin with.
You are not Over35, but still choose to dribble in here about a movement that the OP was not posting about. The OPs post was about weighted pullups for bodybuilding purposes.

Now that you guys have **** in this section...why not go to the powerlifter section and tell them they are doing it wrong as well.lol more than half this thread are Marines

really? ok pls define and list all bodybuilding movements

pretty sure i can post wherever i want and the only thing i wanted to see was these 70 pull ups.

and what are you taking about, srs i wont insult you cause at 45 you may have some issues. this thread was about pull ups, you guys are the ones throwing in bench/squat but hey keep on spewing that crap out of your mouth

/ end of a riveting tale chap

mandarock
02-05-2012, 06:21 AM
Wow, Thanks For Sharing :D

tmonkey
02-05-2012, 12:24 PM
wow

different goals for different bros.

You know I can understand the threads with the guys that do everything wrong and a question then shoot everyone down when they give good honest answers but what wee have here is two groups of people that both workout well with just different training goals wft is the arguing about!?!?!?

not everyone has the same goals but that does not mean they are doing it wrong.

discdoggie
02-05-2012, 12:41 PM
wow

different goals for different bros.

You know I can understand the threads with the guys that do everything wrong and a question then shoot everyone down when they give good honest answers but what wee have here is two groups of people that both workout well with just different training goals wft is the arguing about!?!?!?

not everyone has the same goals but that does not mean they are doing it wrong.

Monkeyman, did you even read the entire thread? Someone posts 70 reps, they're gonna get called out for proof. Why is everyone acting like this is the first time they've read "Vids or it didn't happen?" That's all that went on here. That's it. When UI've done it in Female forum you've had my back and supported me. Please don't tell me that was only because you're secretly in love with me and not that you agreed with what I was saying!!!! :(

:p

chodan9
02-05-2012, 12:56 PM
ok guys
aside from just doing pull-ups, what auxiliary exercise would you guys (and gals) recommend to increase pull-up weight and reps?
or are there any?

acrawlingchaos
02-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Monkeyman, did you even read the entire thread? Someone posts 70 reps, they're gonna get called out for proof. Why is everyone acting like this is the first time they've read "Vids or it didn't happen?" That's all that went on here. That's it. When UI've done it in Female forum you've had my back and supported me. Please don't tell me that was only because you're secretly in love with me and not that you agreed with what I was saying!!!! :(

:pIs secretly in love with you, uneven lat development and all :D :P

OK, now that we have a few extreme pull up guys in here AND DD, what is the record for FEMALE weighted pull up as far as actual weight AND percentage of BW?

My gf wants an actual number to shoot for. EPC... Extreme... any clue?

creeleano
02-05-2012, 12:58 PM
опера для андроида опера обновить опера мини 4 2 финал опера мини для смарта opera browser download opera официальный сайт скачать плагин windows media player для opera скачать internet browsers for linux
icxsyvu hostingsociety com/tele2-bezlimitnaja-opera-mini html
Изначально поисковая система Google была установлена по умолчанию в Opera Mini[17], но 8 января 2007 года, Opera Software и Yahoo! объявили о сотрудничестве и намерении сделать Yahoo! поисковой системой по умолчанию взамен Google[18] 27 февраля 2008 года Opera Software объявила о том, что в Opera Mini и Opera Mobile будут использовать по умолчанию Google Это вызвано жалобами пользователей по поводу сложности системы Yahoo! и простоте в использовании Google С 13 мая 2008 года в русскоязычной версии Opera Mini в качестве поисковой системы по умолчанию используется Яндекс[19]
mkjbjrq hostingsociety com/skachatj-operu-mini-na-samsung-star html]скачать оперу мини на самсунг стар

E_P_C
02-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Is secretly in love with you, uneven lat development and all :D :P

OK, now that we have a few extreme pull up guys in here AND DD, what is the record for FEMALE weighted pull up as far as actual weight AND percentage of BW?

My gf wants an actual number to shoot for. EPC... Extreme... any clue?

Look up Crystal West I believe she holds all the women's weighted records but as far as I know none are through GWR

acrawlingchaos
02-05-2012, 01:03 PM
ok guys
aside from just doing pull-ups, what auxiliary exercise would you guys (and gals) recommend to increase pull-up weight and reps?
or are there any?I am currently just running weighted pull ups on shoulder day using a 3x5 with last set AMRAP and increase monthly.

I think you really should account for your own bodyweight when you do these. I was very discouraged when I bulked up and went from pulling 45 pounds for reps, to pull 25 for the same reps.

Soon, I may go back to just BW, but using a dynamic effort. I think this technique is bound to help increase my top end.

tomsfish
02-05-2012, 02:13 PM
опера для андроида опера обновить опера мини 4 2 финал опера мини для смарта opera browser download opera официальный сайт скачать плагин windows media player для opera скачать internet browsers for linux
icxsyvu hostingsociety com/tele2-bezlimitnaja-opera-mini html
Изначально поисковая система Google была установлена по умолчанию в Opera Mini[17], но 8 января 2007 года, Opera Software и Yahoo! объявили о сотрудничестве и намерении сделать Yahoo! поисковой системой по умолчанию взамен Google[18] 27 февраля 2008 года Opera Software объявила о том, что в Opera Mini и Opera Mobile будут использовать по умолчанию Google Это вызвано жалобами пользователей по поводу сложности системы Yahoo! и простоте в использовании Google С 13 мая 2008 года в русскоязычной версии Opera Mini в качестве поисковой системы по умолчанию используется Яндекс[19]
mkjbjrq hostingsociety com/skachatj-operu-mini-na-samsung-star html]скачать оперу мини на самсунг стар

vid or it didnt happen!

ExtremistPullup
02-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Look up Crystal West I believe she holds all the women's weighted records but as far as I know none are through GWR

http://crystalwestfitness.com/id11.html

acrawlingchaos
02-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Cool, that means my GF could probably take World Record. Her (Ms West) best is 79 pounds. I know my gf is probably a little heavier than Ms. West, but here is her 90 pull. She was from an obvious dead hang. I know this vid doesn't meet your comp requirements, but input would be cool.

2fz-_QwVTF4

acrawlingchaos
02-05-2012, 05:15 PM
I just read her site... Crystal West did her record w a neutral grip on the weighted, Val did hers as a true pull up with a pronated grip.

So she pretty much smashed world record :D

ExtremistPullup
02-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Cool, that means my GF could probably take World Record. Her (Ms West) best is 79 pounds. I know my gf is probably a little heavier than Ms. West, but here is her 90 pull. She was from an obvious dead hang. I know this vid doesn't meet your comp requirements, but input would be cool.

2fz-_QwVTF4

Looks very good I'm sure she got it. She will probably need to do it on a straight bar facing the camera.

Contact Dale Harder for rules and details to make it official.

http://www.strengthospeedia.org/

ExtremistPullup
02-05-2012, 07:03 PM
I just read her site... Crystal West did her record w a neutral grip on the weighted, Val did hers as a true pull up with a pronated grip.

So she pretty much smashed world record :D

I wish it was over hand grip for everyone, I don't think my record should be beat by a neutral grip or god forbid a chinup.

GWR is strict over hand grip rule and straight legs.
Here are the rules they sent me.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/59139861

discdoggie
02-05-2012, 08:27 PM

2fz-_QwVTF4A

<<<>>----feelslike****/10

Truly chaos, she is amazing; so is her bench. If feel silly and foolish for bragging now. :o. Although I Proabably DO have a few years on her.

tmonkey
02-05-2012, 09:45 PM

:p

I did not read the whole thread to be honest. I just saw two groups of guys i respect arguing and it pisses me off because there is a lot more to argue about on here then guys that actually workout.

I agree with what you are saying but it is ok to still be in love with you?

I am a big fan of vids or it didn't happen.

discdoggie
02-05-2012, 10:13 PM
I agree with what you are saying but it is ok to still be in love with you?.

What do you think? Of course! : D

acrawlingchaos
02-06-2012, 05:51 AM
If feel silly and foolish for bragging now. :o. Although I Proabably DO have a few years on her.You're out of your freaking mind DD. Your accomplishments are unique to you and amazing. Trust me, there are gaps in her strength. You have an amazing DL and squat, the gf does neither.

And yes, she is only 33, but you also have to remember she is also 5'10" 145 lbs. So.... pound for pound, you and her are neck and neck for ratio.

Tyrbolift
02-06-2012, 06:15 AM
I agree with what you are saying but it is ok to still be in love with you?

What do you think? Of course! : D:eek:

:mad:

(j/k ;))

tmonkey
02-06-2012, 08:08 AM
:eek:
:mad:
(j/k ;))

don't worry i love you too - NO HOMO

tinywrist
02-06-2012, 09:41 AM

2fz-_QwVTF4

Very impressive. Any info on her other pull up lifts/reps?

litljay
02-06-2012, 10:00 AM

2fz-_QwVTF4

Reps to your GF AC. That's fantastic.

discdoggie
02-06-2012, 11:24 AM
You're out of your freaking mind DD. Your accomplishments are unique to you and amazing. Trust me, there are gaps in her strength. You have an amazing DL and squat, the gf does neither.

Thanks. :)

Back to the original topic (boy, do we really go way, way, waaaayyyy off topic sometimes!) I returned to PHAT-style training today and for auxilliary work for Power Upper I did weighted pulls and dips.

Pullup
bw + 25/6
bw + 25/5
bw + 30/5
bw + 35/4

Dips
bw + 10/8
bw + 15/6
bw + 25/3
bw + 25/2

I don't have vids, but it really, really truly happened. :)

Tyrbolift
02-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Thanks. :)

Back to the original topic (boy, do we really go way, way, waaaayyyy off topic sometimes!) I returned to PHAT-style training today and for auxilliary work for Power Upper I did weighted pulls and dips.

Pullup
bw + 25/6
bw + 25/5
bw + 30/5
bw + 35/4

Dips
bw + 10/8
bw + 15/6
bw + 25/3
bw + 25/2

I don't have vids, but it really, really truly happened. :)I'm thinking if you took a random female and hung approximately 1/3 her bw off a chain around her waist and got her hanging off two handles suspended up in the air, she'd be hanging on for dear life. Not to mention even doing one solitary rep. :)

discdoggie
02-06-2012, 01:11 PM
I'm thinking if you took a random female and hung approximately 1/3 her bw off a chain around her waist and got her hanging off two handles suspended up in the air, she'd be hanging on for dear life. Not to mention even doing one solitary rep. :)

Random females, sure. But just "being better than average or typical" is no great feat. Being best of the best is.

acrawlingchaos
02-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Very impressive. Any info on her other pull up lifts/reps?Well here is the funny thing, the video of her doing the above, was 2 days after buying the belt. Though I think she did train them back in college.

She just trains pull ups. She does dynamic pull up for sets of 10. She has never done more than 10, but easily does 100 + nearly everyday.

acrawlingchaos
02-06-2012, 05:44 PM
OK... not sure what these are called. Never seen anyone do them and we just call them inverted pull throughs.

MHD5gf_UelU

And here is a set of 5 L-seats with 25 lbs.

3ytc69Uj11A

Im not shabby myself..... but I pale in comparison to ^^^

Tyrbolift
02-06-2012, 11:54 PM
Random females, sure. But just "being better than average or typical" is no great feat. Being best of the best is.I guess it was supposed to be more of a complement, as in, there's nothing to be down about if you're a Mercedes and 1/10 of a second slower in the quarter mile than a vette, at 6.3 and 6.2 seconds respectively, when the huge majority can't even break 12 seconds.

DSUP
02-07-2012, 01:09 AM
Anyway...

ok guys
or are there any?

I don't think there is any better way to get better at pull-ups than doing pull-ups.

OK... not sure what these are called. Never seen anyone do them and we just call them inverted pull throughs.

MHD5gf_UelU

And here is a set of 5 L-seats with 25 lbs.

3ytc69Uj11A

Im not shabby myself..... but I pale in comparison to ^^^

I mean, really, what is the point of all this **** if you can't do cool **** like that ^^^ ?

Tyrbolift
02-07-2012, 02:28 AM
Anyway...

I don't think there is any better way to get better at pull-ups than doing pull-ups.

I mean, really, what is the point of all this **** if you can't do cool **** like that ^^^ ?You ever see the pic of the time when E.P. did a pullup while tied to a small recreational vehicle? :D

discdoggie
02-07-2012, 06:36 AM
I guess it was supposed to be more of a complement, as in, there's nothing to be down about if you're a Mercedes and 1/10 of a second slower in the quarter mile than a vette, at 6.3 and 6.2 seconds respectively, when the huge majority can't even break 12 seconds.

I get that, and I absolutely appreciate the compliment. :) And there was a time that was a great source of pride: That I could do a handful of pullups when the average woman---even half my age---couldn't do one.

It USED to be a source of pride. But not anymore. "Better than most" used to be enough. Now I need to be "one of the best."

ExtremistPullup
02-07-2012, 07:27 AM
You ever see the pic of the time when E.P. did a pullup while tied to a small recreational vehicle? :D
it was a photochop but funny.

acrawlingchaos
02-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Hey Chodan

I decided to make a stab at some dynamic pull ups. I Need to tweak my gear a bit more (so the chains are completely on the ground when I start), but just to give you an idea.

whR9hZfRdxA

Chains are 5 lbs each.