PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain what exactly going on a "cut" means?

Fordy74
01-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Im new to health and fitness. im 37 years old and weighed 291 pounds 2 years ago. without reading any books or magazines or sites like this i lost over 100 pounds and weigh 188 today. I just stopped drinking alcohol and ate alot healthier and exercised vigorously. Now im really looking into making fitness my hobby and joined a gym and started reading books and sites like this. I want to get ripped now. my body is still sloppy with stretch marks and love handles. I want to be like 170 and fit and have abs and what not. I dont know much about the lingo ive been reading while lurking. going on a "cut" sounds interesting tho

Karl_Hungus
01-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Im new to health and fitness. im 37 years old and weighed 291 pounds 2 years ago. without reading any books or magazines or sites like this i lost over 100 pounds and weigh 188 today. I just stopped drinking alcohol and ate alot healthier and exercised vigorously. Now im really looking into making fitness my hobby and joined a gym and started reading books and sites like this. I want to get ripped now. my body is still sloppy with stretch marks and love handles. I want to be like 170 and fit and have abs and what not. I dont know much about the lingo ive been reading while lurking. going on a "cut" sounds interesting tho

Just means structuring meals and training with the goal of losing fat.

Fordy74
01-23-2012, 04:52 PM
just stupid.i really dont know what it means exactly.. ive seen it mentioned in a few threads..oh and good hatebreed song there..

Fordy74
01-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Just means structuring meals and training with the goal of losing fat.

oh ok thanks..that is def my goal. I guess everyones "cut" plans vary im assuming

-=FLEX=-
01-23-2012, 04:55 PM
I dont know much about the lingo ive been reading while lurking. going on a "cut" sounds interesting tho

just stupid.i really dont know what it means exactly.. ive seen it mentioned in a few threads..oh and good hatebreed song there..

I dunno man, call me skeptical hippo or whatever, but a brand new guy asks what something is and in the same post says it sounds interesting...

If ya dint know what it was, why would you think it was interesting???

Fordy74
01-23-2012, 05:01 PM
idk just the name of it i guess..sorry for my complete ignorance. like i said im new to researching and talking about fitness..

67fastback
01-23-2012, 05:08 PM
My ex army brat kid, got me this for xmas.
http://images.knifecenter.com/knifecenter/sog/images/37.jpg
I'm going to use it when I "go on a cut" next time. Should work ;)

tsoden
01-23-2012, 05:09 PM
http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/10/10581/10835762.jpg NOW NOW Flex....be nice. Really he only just joined.

CaptChip40
01-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Original Poster (OP) you have been on a "cut" without knowing it. Keep it up. (giving benefit of doubt, no skin of my butt)

-=FLEX=-
01-23-2012, 05:11 PM
NOW NOW Flex....be nice. Really he only just joined.

Alright. I deleted my post. But I still smell a troll.

I'll let OP prove me wrong.

Fordy74
01-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Original Poster (OP) you have been on a "cut" without knowing it. Keep it up. (giving benefit of doubt, no skin of my butt)

thanks. appreciate..

BigSnacks
01-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Alright. I deleted my post. But I still smell a troll.

I'll let OP prove me wrong.

You have to keep in mind, not everyone's thought process works the same as your own. I once had a guy ask me where I was from and, when I told him "Ohio", asked me "Where's that?"... He thought the state of Ohio was called "Ohio State", because that's the name of the school/football team, and that "Ohio" was a city within "Ohio State"...

I realize it sounds suspicious to have someone ask about something and then follow it with 'because it sounds interesting', but perhaps he felt uncomfortable with his question and thought he needed to use that as justification for asking. Not making excuses for him, just sayin'.

chodan9
01-23-2012, 07:03 PM
the term cut was originally used by competitive athletes trying to get into certain weight classes. ie: "I need to cut down to 150 pound weight division in wrestling" the term has also been adopted by competitive bodybuilders attempting to get to a really low level of bodyfat for a show. Many guys like myself will use the term even though I am just a recreational lifter/bodybuilder who has no intention of competing as a term for dropping a bit of fat to look better ie: "I need to cut some more fat off my gut before spring"

Fordy74
01-23-2012, 07:12 PM
the term cut was originally used by competitive athletes trying to get into certain weight classes. ie: "I need to cut down to 150 pound weight division in wrestling" the term has also been adopted by competitive bodybuilders attempting to get to a really low level of bodyfat for a show. Many guys like myself will use the term even though I am just a recreational lifter/bodybuilder who has no intention of competing as a term for dropping a bit of fat to look better ie: "I need to cut some more fat off my gut before spring"

Thank you chodan! i get it now, i asked the question because i thought maybe it met some sort of stricter more organized meaning. I feel silly asking now that i know it means something so basic..and Bigsnacks, you nailed it..

Brackneyc
01-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Thank you chodan! i get it now, i asked the question because i thought maybe it met some sort of stricter more organized meaning. I feel silly asking now that i know it means something so basic..and Bigsnacks, you nailed it..

In principle, they are easy. It is the application that kills so many folks.