PDA

View Full Version : Random things I've learned from body building

mandotony
01-23-2012, 01:37 PM
Although it's been a great 10 months since I've started - and I'm really happy with my progress - there are a few things that I didn't see coming.

-Clothes. I don't fit into ANYTHING I wore 10 months ago - nothing. Well, maybe my socks and shoes. I've spent $2,000 on new clothes so far and need to spend more. Ouch (lots of that in suits).
-I used to love tuna fish. Now - not so much.
-4 boiled eggs & a small whey drink for a mid-evening snack is a great source of protien. It's also a good way to piss off the wife and clear the rooms. Pew!
-The better my gains - the more I need to work. I'm now almost afraid to miss a scheduled workout. Am I addicted? Someone call the clinic!
-Running. I was a big runner through last summer. Now that I'm almost 20 pounds heavier, when I do run, I feel like I'm running in sand. I've gone from a mustang to a clydesdale.

What did you guys/gals learn that suprised you?

CookAndrewB
01-23-2012, 01:47 PM
-Running. I was a big runner through last summer. Now that I'm almost 20 pounds heavier, when I do run, I feel like I'm running in sand. I've gone from a mustang to a clydesdale.

Yeah, come talk to me about how it feels to run when you are up over 220. My knees have started a petition to succeed from my body, and they already have over half of the required votes! :mad:

DocTats
01-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Thighs that rub together can cause uncomfortable chafing. Unfortunately don't have that problem anymore...

mandotony
01-23-2012, 02:59 PM
Thighs that rub together can cause uncomfortable chafing. Unfortunately don't have that problem anymore...

Great point. Note to self - no more corduroy pants. I may light a spark.

Frnkd
01-23-2012, 03:21 PM
I can wear my son's shorts, board shorts and regualar ones......I tried to "hang" on as much a I could with my own, even switched to boxer shorts as it would hold up my shors and pants, briefs were not longer doing it.

Here I am wearing teen and 20 something board shorts to the gym....kinda of funny when I think about it, the other day there was a "kid" with the same shorts as I had on.... he must have made every effort to avoid where ever I was. lol..unfortunately we met at the pool- he came out than I did..haha he was more embarrassed with his friends than I was, I could care less.

Clothes is the biggest things that I had to adjust to.
Food is another- Broccoli, chicken breast, baby carrots, my new staple.
Something I didnt think about was the added confidence to my attitude, character, and perception of life. More than anything I am lot happier......and my wife notices it.

-=FLEX=-
01-23-2012, 04:00 PM
I've spent $2,000 on new clothes so far and need to spend more.

Bruce, is that you? :D

Jtbny
01-23-2012, 04:03 PM
I have learned I'm not half as strong as I thought I was.

tsoden
01-23-2012, 05:13 PM
i have learned that although I am putting on muscle ... i just can't get the hang of losing fat on my midsection... geezus....

ironwill2008
01-23-2012, 07:06 PM
What did you guys/gals learn that suprised you?

That it really was within my power to no longer be a string bean with no strength.

That age (and even some medical issues) were only roadblocks to getting where I wanted to go if I thought they were.

That bodybuilding nutrition wasn't nearly as complicated as some 'experts' would have me believe.

That an old dog can, in fact, learn new tricks.

NoJunk
01-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Only gained 5 pounds of muscle over the past couple of years but shirt and jacket size went from Medium size to Large and now XL. Ah here is something weird...my shoe size went up half a size..seriously.

Tyrbolift
01-23-2012, 09:46 PM
Only gained 5 pounds of muscle over the past couple of years but shirt and jacket size went from Medium size to Large and now XL. Ah here is something weird...my shoe size went up half a size..seriously.Does that mean you can't stick your foot in your mouth anymore? :D

NoJunk
01-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Does that mean you can't stick your foot in your mouth anymore? :D

Bigger feet = Happy wife

MauriceMD
01-23-2012, 09:58 PM
Yeah, come talk to me about how it feels to run when you are up over 220. My knees have started a petition to succeed from my body, and they already have over half of the required votes! :mad:This, I recently dieted down to 245lbs and my knees felt like they were on a holiday lol