PDA

View Full Version : Stop pointing to 07. Giants already beat the Pats THIS YEAR without Nicks or Bradshaw

FutureActuary
01-22-2012, 10:06 PM
They were also missing their starting center and JPP was coming off a concussion. No Prince Amukamara either. Not to mention it was in Foxboro where the Pats hadn't lost in the regular season since 2006. Giants receivers and speed rushers will have a field day on that Indy turf. Plus the crowd will be in favor of NY because Indy hates Brady and loves the Mannings. G-Men win comfortably, 34-24.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311106017

x2KewMKhzyU

avokshi2000
01-22-2012, 10:08 PM
might as well not play this game then.

4backcracks
01-22-2012, 10:09 PM
ill address the game itself more in depth in a thread of my own, but the crowd will have no bearing whatsoever. the percent of colts fans at this game will be <1%, and they will likely all be wealthy businessmen in the suites

robfromlbc
01-22-2012, 10:10 PM
ah damn mind as well give them the championship now then

FutureActuary
01-22-2012, 10:10 PM

Well of course anything can happen. I just don't see why the Pats are favorites when the Giants match up so well against them and have already beaten them less than 3 months ago in their own house even though they had key players out because of injury.

Zylantypic
01-22-2012, 10:11 PM
Well of course anything can happen. I just don't see why the Pats are favorites when the Giants match up so well against them and have already beaten them less than 3 months ago in their own house even though they had key players out because of injury.
They aren't, the Giants are the favorites.

FutureActuary
01-22-2012, 10:13 PM
They aren't, the Giants are the favorites.

No brah Pats opened up as 3 pt favorites and it's on a neutral field so Pats didn't give up 3 pts for being the designated AFC "home team".

http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_lines.shtml

U.S.M.C. TANKER
01-22-2012, 10:15 PM
TBH,its all depends on gronks, if he is healthy and able to play, the Pats has a good chance. If he doesn't, they are ****ed.

StreetSharks
01-22-2012, 10:15 PM

its for the fans

Spuddy
01-22-2012, 10:32 PM
Winning against the Patriots earlier in the same season is almost always a bad thing for that team in the second game. Pats had no defense and were mid slump during that last game, Brady gonna Brady in two weeks

Dan916
01-22-2012, 10:34 PM
its hard to beat the same team twice. I honestly see Pats winning but ill be rooting for Giants.

GrecoRoman
01-22-2012, 10:35 PM
ah damn mind as well give them the championship now then

we have no chance, Im probably going to go get Ice cream when the game starts and maybe head to the movies to see incredibly loud and extremely close. How is everybody else planning to pass the time from now until training camp?

Zylantypic
01-22-2012, 10:40 PM
we have no chance, Im probably going to go get Ice cream when the game starts and maybe head to the movies to see incredibly loud and extremely close. How is everybody else planning to pass the time from now until training camp?
lol'd.

laser23
01-22-2012, 10:55 PM
This game is easy to pick. NYG already beat the Pats this year at their place. Also half of the defensive lineman for the Giants were injured/didn't play in the game earlier this season. Giants 37 Pats 21.

bunit59
01-22-2012, 10:57 PM
patriots beat the giants last regular season game of 07 whatttt

ShweezyBTFO
01-22-2012, 10:57 PM
good, let them be the dogs, makes picking them to beat the spread that much easier.

Spuddy
01-22-2012, 11:03 PM
Patriots being the underdog in a revenge game is the best thing that could ever happen to us :D

leafs43
01-22-2012, 11:07 PM
Patriots being the underdog in a revenge game is the best thing that could ever happen to us :D

What weird dimension do you live in where Vegas odds favor New England by 3.5 and is somehow an underdog to a team that ended the regular season 9-7?

liftTENhard
01-22-2012, 11:08 PM
lol will bump thread in 2weeks

Spuddy
01-23-2012, 12:22 AM
What weird dimension do you live in where Vegas odds favor New England by 3.5 and is somehow an underdog to a team that ended the regular season 9-7?
I don't know where vegas is pulling that number from, everyone 's been saying giants everywhere you look.. Doubt that spread will stick

ShweezyBTFO
01-23-2012, 12:27 AM
13-3 team will always have the edge over a 9-7 team, c'mon son

Margzz
01-23-2012, 03:02 AM
13-3 team will always have the edge over a 9-7 team, c'mon son

And that same 9-7 team has beat 10-6 Atlanta Falcons (they didn't score any points), 15-1 GB Packers on the road now and the 13-3 SF 49'ers. Not only that the team is extremely hot, just like they were in their last SB victory.

Patriots had a bye, then beat an extremely sub-par 8-8 Denver Broncos, and beat the Ravens, while looking lackluster in doing so.

Screw what Vegas thinks, you'd be a fool to call the Giants the underdogs.

MrHandTricks
01-23-2012, 05:00 AM
lol @ Giants winning comfortably. Possible, sure, extremely unlikely, yes.

Can we pls recall that the only reason the Giants won this game was because Sergio Brown had an idiotic pass interference on an uncatchable ball in the endzone, setting up the Giants with first a goal.

Pretty sure that was the last game he saw any significant playing time.

Trapstar4.4
01-23-2012, 05:32 AM
yeah i hope this game doesnt turn out to be shtty. hopefully brady can keep them in it because his defense probably wont be much help against those nasty giants receivers.
brady should (and probably will) go in the the mindset that he doesnt have a defense. gotta score score score

gentao
01-23-2012, 05:36 AM
lol @ Giants winning comfortably. Possible, sure, extremely unlikely, yes.

Can we pls recall that the only reason the Giants won this game was because Sergio Brown had an idiotic pass interference on an uncatchable ball in the endzone, setting up the Giants with first a goal.

Pretty sure that was the last game he saw any significant playing time.

what?

Miscersgonmisc
01-23-2012, 06:00 AM
This game is easy to pick. NYG already beat the Pats this year at their place. Also half of the defensive lineman for the Giants were injured/didn't play in the game earlier this season. Giants 37 Pats 21.

inb4 Brady says "only 21 come on"

MrHandTricks
01-23-2012, 07:43 AM
what?

What? Did you watch the game this season? Eli wouldn't have driven down the field to win it, but lucked out with a pass interference on an uncatchable ball.

Shrugs4Life
01-23-2012, 07:45 AM
Lol at thinking Gronk will do sht against Blackburn and Kiwanuaka.

robfromlbc
01-23-2012, 08:52 AM
only reason giants beat pats this year was because sergio brown is brandon merriweather 2.0 and you guys got a first and goal
no way in hell do the giants win against the pats again with B.B. in charge

RESILIENCY
01-23-2012, 08:59 AM
Lol at thinking Gronk will do sht against Blackburn and Kiwanuaka.

Boley and Rolle, have you heard of them, Pats receivers don't scare me, they are all slow as ****, perfect for the giants. The giants weakness is speedy receivers...

milkman04
01-23-2012, 09:09 AM
any given sunday. and the pats front 7 looked thick.solid.tight. against the ravens

ShweezyBTFO
01-23-2012, 09:35 AM
And that same 9-7 team has beat 10-6 Atlanta Falcons (they didn't score any points), 15-1 GB Packers on the road now and the 13-3 SF 49'ers. Not only that the team is extremely hot, just like they were in their last SB victory.

Patriots had a bye, then beat an extremely sub-par 8-8 Denver Broncos, and beat the Ravens, while looking lackluster in doing so.

Screw what Vegas thinks, you'd be a fool to call the Giants the underdogs.

I was only talking about vegas, but ok lol

viennafat
01-23-2012, 09:44 AM
I've already emailed the NFL requesting them to cancel the game and award the trophy to NY.

Thanks, OP. You just freed up that Sunday for me.

Bowyermania
01-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Winning against the Patriots earlier in the same season is almost always a bad thing for that team in the second game. Pats had no defense and were mid slump during that last game, Brady gonna Brady in two weeks

You act like they suddenly have a defense. They are the same team, they just haven't played a good QB since that game. Yesterday Flacco who by no means is a good QB had his way with the Pats D and Brady looked horrible.

MrHandTricks
01-23-2012, 10:15 AM
You act like they suddenly have a defense. They are the same team, they just haven't played a good QB since that game. Yesterday Flacco who by no means is a good QB had his way with the Pats D and Brady looked horrible.

brb, anti-pats

How can you say Flacco "had his way" in a losing performance? He played better than Brady yesterday, but a lot of it was opportunistic. Patriots handing over three possessions, Flacco's turnover instantly nullified by a boneheaded throw from Brady. Flacco didn't have his way when the game was on the line.

The Patriots are NOT the same defense from earlier in the season, they have a lot of different personnel and they've been playing MUCH better the past 5 weeks. You're blind if you can't see that.

bustermac
01-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Yes, but the Pats still had Haynesworth. Cut him after the game.

The Patriots DID NOT LOSE A GAME AFTER CUTTING FAT ALBERT!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nwe/schedule
^yikes, look at the points they scored!

The Giants were 3-5 in that same stretch. Just stating the facts. Also, the Redskins EMBARRASSED the Giants twice this year!

My prediction:
New England 42
New Jersey 23

/not Pats fan, hate both teams in SB

Bowyermania
01-23-2012, 10:20 AM
brb, anti-pats

How can you say Flacco "had his way" in a losing performance? He played better than Brady yesterday, but a lot of it was opportunistic. Patriots handing over three possessions, Flacco's turnover instantly nullified by a boneheaded throw from Brady. Flacco didn't have his way when the game was on the line.

The Patriots are NOT the same defense from earlier in the season, they have a lot of different personnel and they've been playing MUCH better the past 5 weeks. You're blind if you can't see that.

He threw no picks, 2 TDs and missed on a couple deep passes where e Pats secondary completely blew coverage. He also had the game winning TD pass if Lee Evans holds onto the ball. He would have had 3 TDs including the game winner. To act like your secondary wasn't picked apart by a sub par QB is homerism to the supreme. Eli Manning is an elite QB. Interestingly enough he was the last good QB your team faced this year and it was your last loss.

Just warning all you Pats fans not to be as cocky as you were coming into yesterday's game.

Bowyermania
01-23-2012, 10:21 AM
Yes, but the Pats still had Haynesworth. Cut him after the game.

The Patriots DID NOT LOSE A GAME AFTER CUTTING FAT ALBERT!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nwe/schedule
^yikes, look at the points they scored!

The Giants were 3-5 in that same stretch. Just stating the facts. Also, the Redskins EMBARRASSED the Giants twice this year!

My prediction:
New England 42
New Jersey 23

/not Pats fan, hate both teams in SB

They also have not faced a decent QB since that game.

dtbrehm
01-23-2012, 10:32 AM
New and original thread. Most people on here outside of Pats fans think the Giants will win.

Brady's going to have to go legendary if they want to win.

GetRippedInc
01-23-2012, 10:38 AM
They were also missing their starting center and JPP was coming off a concussion. No Prince Amukamara either. Not to mention it was in Foxboro where the Pats hadn't lost in the regular season since 2006. Giants receivers and speed rushers will have a field day on that Indy turf. Plus the crowd will be in favor of NY because Indy hates Brady and loves the Mannings. G-Men win comfortably, 34-24.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311106017

x2KewMKhzyU
Funny because the 49ers already had beaten the Giants earlier in the year. That sure helped them yesterday.

MrHandTricks
01-23-2012, 10:39 AM
He threw no picks, 2 TDs and missed on a couple deep passes where e Pats secondary completely blew coverage. He also had the game winning TD pass if Lee Evans holds onto the ball. He would have had 3 TDs including the game winner. To act like your secondary wasn't picked apart by a sub par QB is homerism to the supreme. Eli Manning is an elite QB. Interestingly enough he was the last good QB your team faced this year and it was your last loss.

Just warning all you Pats fans not to be as cocky as you were coming into yesterday's game.

This post isn't even right, Flacco did have an interception. Did you watch the game? The horrible secondary stripped Flacco's "game winning TD".

Like I said in the other thread, if Brady played like complete sh*t and Flacco "had his way" with the Pats defense, why did the Ravens lose? Something you're trying to argue doesn't make sense.

NegativeZero
01-23-2012, 10:46 AM
in for after the pats win the superbowl

Stteven
01-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Love how people mention the Giants being banged up when they played the Pats first time around, but want to act like the Pats had no injuries this year? Lol, please go.

Ecnewyx
01-23-2012, 11:17 AM
This is like a weird reversal of the threads posted when the Giants played GB and SF. Do not want/10.

Regular season means nothing.

RESILIENCY
01-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Love how people mention the Giants being banged up when they played the Pats first time around, but want to act like the Pats had no injuries this year? Lol, please go.

I will rip your anus into little bits, our starting middle linebacker,corner,wr,left tackle are all on IR

FutureActuary
01-23-2012, 11:46 AM
I will rip your anus into little bits, our starting middle linebacker,corner,wr,left tackle are all on IR

Pats fans and Boston/New England area fans in general are the most insulated people in the US. All they care about is their own team....ratings show that when their team doesn't play in big games no one in that part of the country watches.

Beatty is a beast btw. No way Eli gets sacked 6 times if he didn't have that freak eye injury....hope he makes a successful return next season.

GinoFelino
01-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Sorry to break it to you but I have been told by Ravens fans that the only games that matter are playoff games from years ago and the last regular season game does not. (Yes aware Giants won't that also)

GrecoRoman
01-23-2012, 11:59 AM

Dealwithit.jpg Pats are without a starting Corner and Center. We didn't have Spikes, Chung, Ellis among others for the 4th quater of that game.

dekd
01-23-2012, 12:02 PM

You are one of the worst posters in this section. You still mad the Pats shat on your team twice and your bum ass team is at home right now?

bustermac
01-23-2012, 12:13 PM

Like Eli the interception machine? He's been good/lucky since he threw 3 picks to the Skins, so his lucky streak is due to end soon, even against a crappy Pats secondary. I could even see Wilfork getting an interception.

FutureActuary
01-23-2012, 03:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/fynaw.png

destiNY

leafs43
01-23-2012, 04:13 PM

Is this real life.....

FutureActuary
01-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Is this real life.....

No just a glitch in the Matrix.

Huse
01-23-2012, 04:57 PM
will be a great game. brady will have to play a great game for the pats to win

GeorgeCarlinJr
01-23-2012, 05:35 PM

destiNY

mind=esploded

89FoxBody
01-23-2012, 06:04 PM
mind=obliterated....just posted that on FB.

Mitch339
01-23-2012, 06:36 PM
You all really think Belichick and Brady go down to the same team in the Super Bowl again? Seriously?

89FoxBody
01-23-2012, 06:41 PM
You all really think Belichick and Brady go down to the same team in the Super Bowl again? Seriously?

Can't believe people still have this approach to pro sports. Any given sunday phaggot.

01-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Can't believe people still have this approach to pro sports. Any given sunday phaggot.

Then whats the point of this thread?

89FoxBody
01-23-2012, 06:51 PM
nothing wrong with this thread, OP was just making a statement.

tino124
01-23-2012, 09:07 PM
This is like a weird reversal of the threads posted when the Giants played GB and SF. Do not want/10.

Regular season means nothing.

This. I rather enjoy being the dog.

tino124
01-23-2012, 09:09 PM
Like Eli the interception machine? He's been good/lucky since he threw 3 picks to the Skins, so his lucky streak is due to end soon, even against a crappy Pats secondary. I could even see Wilfork getting an interception.

you fuking phaggot do you even watch football. Lucky? Lucky?

Fuk you.

imadbrah
01-23-2012, 09:26 PM

Fuk you.

Throws 2 clean interceptions vs 49ers - 2 retards run into each other both times.

Lets not pretend he is god

bustermac
01-24-2012, 12:14 PM

Fuk you.

129 interceptions in 121 games.

INTS in GAMES:
2004 = 9 in 9
2005 = 17 in 16
2006 = 18 in 16
2007 = 20 in 16
2008 = 10 in 16
2009 = 14 in 16
2010 = 25 in 16
2011 = 16 in 16

Like I said, interception machine. 50 career fumbles too.

ShweezyBTFO
01-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Throws 2 clean interceptions vs 49ers - 2 retards run into each other both times.

Lets not pretend he is god

and brady threw 3 interceptions, one called back due to a bull**** flag, on sunday. what's your point?

Ecnewyx
01-24-2012, 01:23 PM
What? Did you watch the game this season? Eli wouldn't have driven down the field to win it, but lucked out with a pass interference on an uncatchable ball.

Yeah, you're right.

Eli got them all the way down to 1st and 10 at the New England 21 with two timeouts remaining...

But they definitely wouldn't have scored a TD if they didn't "luck out" with a pass interference call. :rolleyes:

DimSumDude
01-24-2012, 01:33 PM
and brady threw 3 interceptions, one called back due to a bull**** flag, on sunday. what's your point?

Uh it was an off-sides call or something. He knew it was a free play and just threw it up.

ShweezyBTFO
01-24-2012, 01:59 PM
Uh it was an off-sides call or something. He knew it was a free play and just threw it up.

no it was a trivial illegal contact flag. do you even watch football?

laser23
02-05-2012, 07:42 PM
bump. Great D>Great O

leafs43
02-05-2012, 07:44 PM

destiNY

Eli is a wizard.