PDA

View Full Version : Late night eating

brobinson7234
01-21-2012, 09:59 PM
What is the best thing for you to eat when your starving late at night and have been drinking and get home from the bars. My friends binge on chips I'm trying to cut this out. I'm a sucker for Fat free pretzels tho!

ShawHartson
01-21-2012, 10:03 PM
What is the best thing for you to eat when your starving late at night and have been drinking and get home from the bars. My friends binge on chips I'm trying to cut this out. I'm a sucker for Fat free pretzels tho!

even fat free pretzels are loaded with carbs bro. I'm not an expert but I usually try to snack on nuts or veggies, but not a lot of them. If you don't really have a diet then it would be hard for you to know what you need. vegetables are great to snack on, like baby carrots, low calorie and filling.

mrivera11
01-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Veggies... Lots and lots of veggies and chicken breast.

I'd stay away from nuts as they are heavily packed with calories, and once you have alcohol in your system, one handful can lead to 5 handfuls. I wouldn't advise the pretzels not because of the carbs, it would be because you probably have already hit your macros for the day, and it might throw you off.

What I usually do when I am going out to drink, is to leave 800-1000 kcals available to stuff my face when I get home.

ShawHartson
01-21-2012, 10:36 PM
Veggies... Lots and lots of veggies and chicken breast.

I'd stay away from nuts as they are heavily packed with calories, and once you have alcohol in your system, one handful can lead to 5 handfuls. I wouldn't advise the pretzels not because of the carbs, it would be because you probably have already hit your macros for the day, and it might throw you off.

What I usually do when I am going out to drink, is to leave 800-1000 kcals available to stuff my face when I get home.

very good point on the nuts aha.

MaxwellGuns
01-21-2012, 10:38 PM

When I was at my lightest weight, I ate oatmeal and tons of veggies before bed... kept me satisfied til morning.

AnonUp
01-21-2012, 11:25 PM
You might want to stop drinking. Your post makes it seem like its a big issue for you. Lots of people want to become healthy through diet and exercise but they would see bigger health gains if they stopped drinking and smoking.

Think about it. You got carbs from the alcohol, now it makes you want to eat chips. That is counterproductive!

mrivera11
01-21-2012, 11:30 PM
You might want to stop drinking. Your post makes it seem like its a big issue for you. Lots of people want to become healthy through diet and exercise but they would see bigger health gains if they stopped drinking and smoking.

Think about it. You got carbs from the alcohol, now it makes you want to eat chips. That is counterproductive!

Nothing wrong with some booze:
http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html