PDA

View Full Version : I hate the media and it's conceptions about food. Agreed?

Mrdkmtheman
01-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Ya know, it really agrrivates me how misleading our surroundings are about the foods we eat. One minute something is claimed healthy, the next minute it is claimed unhealthy. One minute the media kicks you in your face and says don't indulge in fruit, its a sugar infested simple carbohydrate that shouldn't be taken later in the day or during your competition season, but yet not all fruit has a high glycemic index. One minute we're told to embrace high fiber mr. complex like the good ol' brown rice, but yet its glycemic index is through the freaking roof! Even the media drives you crazy on what meats to eat and stay away from. The protein utilization is crazy good for eggs (apparently) and milk, but yet, nooooo, you can't touch milk or be obsessed, because it has sooo much sugar...yet...the overall glycemic index of milk is low...I'm confused. I'm starting to think that I shall persue the carbohydrates I like and want. I'll persue the foods that make my bod look good. What am I missing?

Heres my main list of foods I like.
%1 Low fat Milk (no rbst hormones!)
Occasional Hard Boiled Eggs
My Max Pro Strawberry SPC Whey (It's really the only supplement I take)
Beef tenderloin or Beef eye of round Steaks
Boneless and skinless Chicken Breasts or Chicken Thighs (the thighs are more fattier but good)
Occasional Tunafish (not the biggest fish fan, although I do take fish oil pills here and there)
Lean cuts of Pork tenderloin
Whole grain rolled oats
Pure Organic Maple syrup
Brown Rice
Broccoli (favorite by far)
Spinach
Bananas
Oranges
Apples
Yams
Sweet Potatoes
Red Potatoes
Occasional Baked Potatoes
Almonds
All Natural Peanut Butter
Occasional Avocados
Beans

What do you think?
These foods in time have made my body look the best.

My profile picture is not updated whatsoever, but these foods have become a primary staple in
my training

Critique me, especially you advanced lifters and ACTUALLY educated health and fitness advocates.

Mrdkmtheman
01-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Also, my lifting stats were recorded at there best when I was around 152-153.
Squats: 280 for 5 clean repetitions.
Bench Press: 255 for 1 clean repetitions
Bent Over Rows: 195 for 5 clean repetition.
Military Press: 155 for 3 clean repetitions
Deadlifts: 325 for 4 clean repetitions.
Pull ups: reached failure at 27 for wide front. Not super strong, but not bad for my weight at the time I think.

joe17little
01-20-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm no super edumacated fitness and nutrition buff, but I do know a lot from countless hours of reading through articles and forums. You're diet looks pretty spot on and your lifts are pretty dang good for your stats. Surprised your squat isn't higher though with your deadliest and bench numbers, so I'm guessing your upper-body dominant.

All those foods are very similar to what I eat, so long as your choosing options of those foods that are free from additives and what not.

Keep up the clean eating, but eat heavy and lift heavy as well. Will all be worth it.

braggable
01-20-2012, 06:01 PM
ITT: OP lets media dictate his life.

LOL, serves you right. Gimmick diets sell as well as they do because of lazy people like you who don't bother looking into things that concern them. GTFO.

Mrdkmtheman
01-21-2012, 03:41 AM
Scale of 1-bro, how hard you wanna come at me braa?
FU.

martial-man420
01-21-2012, 03:50 AM
It does actually piss me off a bit yes. Because I think people are dying unnecessarily through lack of information, which I can only assume is not being given out through some alterior move on the governments part.

Was on NHS change4life website and actually got angry. All the advice that seems to refer to losing weight involves concepts like " using little me sized bowls" it's just a f**king joke. If they would just teach people that if they ate less calories than then burnt off they are guarenteed to lose weight. It must be so unmotivating for fat people who eat stuff they hate all week (cos the nhs website told them to) then don't lose any weight because they ate at maintainence despite their "me sized bowl." I'm not even going to get started on their advice on fat consumption.

It is really lame of me to get a bit angry about it, but people are literally dying because the information that is common on this website, and is evident throughout the scientific literature is so outweighed by the more official looking sea of cr*p.

edit: omg lol this actually made me laugh, a quote from change4life...

"Get the kids to eat at the table rather than in front of the TV as this can distract them, which means they may miss the signal from their tummy that says Iím full and end up eating too much."